Thread: App gets "Suspicious program" warnings and gets detected by some antivirus programs!

Question App gets "Suspicious program" warnings and gets detected by some antivirus programs!

Hey guys making a quick thread about something i dont really understand, so i've recently made a minecraft skin downloader, its nothing to do with hacks and isn't a virus, but for some reason it get detected as malware or virus and i get warnings from windows smart screen (Windows 8.1) saying it could be harmful, i made this in visual basic 2010 and i just want to know why this is?

Virus Total Scan: https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/2...is/1428869786/

^^

Re: App gets "Suspicious program" warnings and gets detected by some antivirus progra

Bump...

Re: App gets "Suspicious program" warnings and gets detected by some antivirus progra

"Skin Stealer.exe" tells me a lot about your intentions of the program. Something in your code is being detected.
    If you find my contributions helpful then rate them.

some virus scanners do pick up on the slight things avg been one of the main ones.
    I used to have big problems with Delphi 7 app would be empty but as soon as you went to compile, it would set off AVG, turns out it did not seems to like empty projects put one comment in and compiled fine.

Have you tried to compile other projects, if this happens with all then maybe your IDE is infected.

Did you packed your app, with a exe packer by any chance? maybe it something in your code that setting the virus killer off, why not post the code so we can check maybe something simple.
    Last edited by BenJones; Apr 18th, 2015 at 01:56 PM.

Is this not your profile hackerdude? https://www.youtube.com/user/TheHackerARMY i have notified the admins. We do not help with such content.

Quote Originally Posted by ident View Post
    Is this not your profile hackerdude? https://www.youtube.com/user/TheHackerARMY i have notified the admins. We do not help with such content.
    what does anything with my channel have to do with this? and to the guy who said "skin stealer.exe tells me a lot about your intention" its basically a program that allows you to download other peoples skins without having to search everywhere for it...

Quote Originally Posted by KILLEROMAR1232 View Post
    what does anything with my channel have to do with this? and to the guy who said "skin stealer.exe tells me a lot about your intention" its basically a program that allows you to download other peoples skins without having to search everywhere for it...
    Then just call it a skin repository.

Well guess thanks for the name but any tips on why this is halpening?

Quote Originally Posted by BenJones View Post
    some virus scanners do pick up on the slight things avg been one of the main ones.
    I used to have big problems with Delphi 7 app would be empty but as soon as you went to compile, it would set off AVG, turns out it did not seems to like empty projects put one comment in and compiled fine.

Have you tried to compile other projects, if this happens with all then maybe your IDE is infected.

Did you packed your app, with a exe packer by any chance? maybe it something in your code that setting the virus killer off, why not post the code so we can check maybe something simple.
    As in "empty" do you mean no forms and such?

show us the code of this application.

show us the code of this application.
    There are quite a lot of forms and i dont know which is causing the problem
    Last edited by KILLEROMAR1232; Apr 18th, 2015 at 07:48 PM.

Upload it so we can see you are not up to no good then.....

Upload it so we can see you are not up to no good then.....
    What? I dont get it what do you mean "up to no good" what are you trying to say? All i asked for was some tips on why this may be happening, thought it may had happened to others, then you come up and say some random bull about my channel (which has no link to this project what so ever) and something about "we do not help with such content" its almost as if you've got something against me, well thats what it seems like right now and no i will not upload the project as i dont want people to copy it but i will be happy to upload the main form code.
    Last edited by KILLEROMAR1232; Apr 18th, 2015 at 07:45 PM.

Also i would not like further help from you "ident", you are not friendly rather quite mean. So please do not reply to this thread again. Anyone else is welcome to help!

You are right. I am distracting this thread but i will state that admin really need to advise if i/we can help you. Until then i will kindly ask no members offer assistence.

You are right. I am distracting this thread but i will state that admin really need to advise if i/we can help you. Until then i will kindly ask no members offer assistence.
    Why is it that no one should be allowed to help me? Isn't the vbforums made for stuff like this when you bump into something that isnt quite right? So you have no right to ask members to not offer assistance. Post a bunch of bullshizz again? Reported.

Quote Originally Posted by KILLEROMAR1232 View Post
    "ident", you are not friendly rather quite mean.
    As the one asking a question it is up to you to present any/all materials for inspection. We cannot solve problems in a vacuum.

You showed this same attitude to not post information in your first post.

This is a public forum and members have a responsibility to not teach or help someone who tries to gain knowledge that can be put to nefarious uses.

Ident is not being mean. Just careful.
    Burn the land and boil the sea
    You can't take the sky from me

~T

Quote Originally Posted by Gruff View Post
    As the one asking a question it is up to you to present any/all materials for inspection. We cannot solve problems in a vacuum.

You showed this same attitude to not post information in your first post.

This is a public forum and members have a responsibility to not teach or help someone who tries to gain knowledge that can be put to nefarious uses.

Ident is not being mean. Just careful.
    I did not say that i do not want to post any material i am happy to post the source. As of right know i cannot as i am on my phone. Also he is acting like a douche bringing up my channel which has no link to this what so ever and saying that im up to some thing.
    Last edited by KILLEROMAR1232; Apr 18th, 2015 at 08:28 PM.

No, empty as in no code, one comment of a line or code and worked fine. also sometimes if you used a default name of just Project1.exe it would also do it very odd like.

Lively Member

I suspect it is a download code that causing the issues with anti virus.
    I had similar problems earlier.
    Are you using other people samples, especially ones that includes pause/resume of the downloads?
    If its a small files like skins, I suggest you to use a simple background download code without complicated pause/resume options (I had problems with such codes before when antivirus programs detected my downloaded samples as a viruses).

And if you really need help, I suggest you to behave nice even to people you think are mean to you. It may lower your reputation towards other people that willing to help you, but will not reply if they see that you are acting like a child.

Quote Originally Posted by BenJones View Post
    No, empty as in no code, one comment of a line or code and worked fine. also sometimes if you used a default name of just Project1.exe it would also do it very odd like.
    Oh it is not an empty project thanks for your suggestion

Quote Originally Posted by Zeev View Post
    I suspect it is a download code that causing the issues with anti virus.
    I had similar problems earlier.
    Are you using other people samples, especially ones that includes pause/resume of the downloads?
    If its a small files like skins, I suggest you to use a simple background download code without complicated pause/resume options (I had problems with such codes before when antivirus programs detected my downloaded samples as a viruses).

And if you really need help, I suggest you to behave nice even to people you think are mean to you. It may lower your reputation towards other people that willing to help you, but will not reply if they see that you are acting like a child.
    Thanks i will try what you said and will let you know if it worked.

There is no such thing as a real pause or resume. let alone cause a false notification. Moving the code to a BGW would make no difference the code is being executed exactly te same.

KIller i am not being mean can you please look at how i see this.

1) You post a thread saying your application is getting false reports.
    2) the name screams illegal.
    3) your youtube page is about illegal topics. We do not allow such items. You offer illegal cracks to software that is morally wrong.
    4) you have refused to post code, code that is beginner level yo are worried we will "copy"(insert comment)

admins are normally busy at the weekends so i can not answer if i can help you.

OP I can assure you that nobody would want to "steal" your code. Most members here could reproduce your code within hours as long as you explain your program to them.

But, for this problem to be resolved it would help a great deal if we could see your entire source code. BUT, admins must notify us if we can help you if they deem it not against the site TOS.

An obscure body in the SK system. The inhabitants call it Earth

Mornin' all.

KillerOmar, your channel does raise suspicion. I really don't know (and can't, from the information provided) whether this particular project is malicious/illegal or not but I'm happy to give you the benefit of the doubt. However, given your channel, I would offer a general warning that we do not support malicious or illegal activities on this forum. If we think your engaging in such activity we will ban you and may report you to any affected parties. We are, however, happy for you to receive help from this forum where your activities are legitimate.

Re your specific question: We cannot help with this because you haven't provided sufficient information for us to be able to. All we know is it's being picked up as a potential virus and that it downloads minecraft skins. We don't know anything about how it downloads those skins, what techniques you've used or any other functionality it may offer. Realistically, if you want us to tell you why it's triggering the alert we would need to see the code. Without that my best advice would be to approach this the old fashioned way: take bits out of your program (or build up a second version) bit by bit until it stops triggering the warning. That will at least allow you to identify which piece of code is actually triggering it.
    The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter - Winston Churchill

Hadoop actually sounds more like the way they greet each other in Yorkshire - Inferrd

I'm thinking king solomon could have made a wiser decision.
    Burn the land and boil the sea
    You can't take the sky from me

~T