Thread: Get Folder in My.Resources

Get Folder in My.Resources

In short, I'm wanting to get the path to a folder in My.Resources. In detail, I have a folder in My.Resources that contain a group of images and my idea is to iterate through each file in that folder and create a PictureBox for each file.

I've tried using the solution here, but when I debug and get the path returned, the directory does not exist. More specifically the code I'm trying to use is this:
    Code:
    Dim myresourcefullPath As String = IO.Path.Combine(IO.Path.GetFullPath(My.Resources.ResourceManager.BaseName), "Smiley")
    What would y'all suggest that I do?

PowerPoster

Re: Get Folder in My.Resources

Maybe you could read the XML file in the Debug folder to get the list of (resource) files?

Found this, if you trying to find the resource folder for your project's imported resources....

Code:
     dim fullpath as string = System.IO.Path.GetFullPath(Application.StartupPath & "\..\..\Resources\")

Resources are packed in the assembly and therefore probably aren't accessible that way. You can certainly enumerate all of the resources in the assembly's manifest as done here, (it's in c++) but you would be looking at all of the resources files.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggierich
    Found this, if you trying to find the resource folder for your project's imported resources....

Code:
    dim fullpath as string = System.IO.Path.GetFullPath(Application.StartupPath & "\..\..\Resources\")
    That works as long as the executable is in the original build output directory, but it would certainly fail when the app is deployed to any other directory.
    Kevin
    Process control doesn't give you good quality, it gives you consistent quality.
    Good quality comes from consistently doing the right things.

Vague general questions have vague general answers.
    A $100 donation is required for me to help you if you PM me asking for help. Instructions for donating to one of our local charities will be provided.