Thread: Tab control multiline select tabs in each row.

King of sapila

Tab control multiline select tabs in each row.

Hi.
    Strangely enough i cannot seems to find a simple solution.
    I have 9 tabs in a tabcontrol.
    I want tabs 1 -5 to the first line and 6-9 to the second line.
    How can i do that?
    I set multiline and then?
    Thanks.
    Slow as hell.

Re: Tab control multiline select tabs in each row.

You would need to draw the tab control yourself, and this is not as simple as it may seem. You would set the draw mode to OwnerDrawn and then do all the drawing of the control manually. I would suggest looking up examples on Google of "owner drawn tab control vb.net"

Edit - something else you have to consider is the behavior of when the tab control becomes to small to fit the desired amount of items per row. Does it then create the left/right buttons to toggle through the various items for each row or do the items start going to different rows? This is just something to consider.
    Last edited by dday9; Apr 2nd, 2015 at 10:18 AM.

It depends... it looks like the MultiLine will work, but then to force the tabs to a second row, the control would need to be narrow enough, thus forcing the "overflow" to a second (or if it needs to a third, fourth, etc) line. There doesn't appear to be a way to programatically assign one tab page or another to a specific row.

-tg
    * I don't respond to private (PM) requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.*
    * I also don't respond to friend requests. Save a few bits and don't bother. I'll just end up rejecting anyways.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF - Removing eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to??? *

King of sapila

Ok will have to look at it.
    Thanks.

-DDay i can't rep you again but thanks
    Slow as hell.