Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
Results 161 to 168 of 168

Thread: Program Testers

  1. #161

  2. #162

  3. #163

    Thread Starter
    Fanatic Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    528

    Re: Program Testers

    UPDATED

    DOWNLOADS

    - SoftPedia ZIP (may take some days to be updated)
    - ZIP


    Update 0.3.3180 (11-Nov-2020)
    [Modules]
    - NEW: FakeHDR2: Completely New algorithm.
    - NEW: Resize2X_3; ResizeHALF3: Resize 2X and HALF for 3 channels.
    - Size2X; SizeHalf: Added new algorithm and options.
    - FlowPaint; FlowPaint3: Small performance improvement.
    - LocalNorm: Slight improvement.
    - xBiro: Completely New algorithm.
    [Other]
    - Small Fix: Correctrly show Show App Path on Update messages.
    - Small Fix: Custom MsgBox Height.
    - Nicer Modules tooltip.
    - Small graphic embellishment of the module currently being processed.
    - Changed Watermark text.
    - vbRichClient: Newest Version 6.0.0.1 (RC6)
    NOTE: This automatic update may fail. Do it manually: Extract the ZIP

  4. #164
    PowerPoster
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    5,025

    Re: Program Testers

    Quote Originally Posted by reexre View Post
    UPDATED
    - vbRichClient: Newest Version 6.0.0.1 (RC6)
    Ah, good to know that the change to RC6 was (apparently) not causing any issues in your (in the meantime) quite large Project.

    As written in the "Version-log", in the new version I've completely changed the underlying "cairo-flat-library" compiling their newest sources.

    This brought indeed a speed-up, especially in "Polygon-Filling" and "PixelSurface-based blending-ops" -
    (I've measured about 30-40% speed-improvements there).

    But what was also changed (underneath the COM-wrapper-methods) was especially the Font-Rendering -
    (which I've now completely left to cairo again, whereas in the RC5-wrapper I had to resort to using the Windows-GDI, to finally render the Glyphs in good quality).

    So, if there's a chance for "different, potentially surprising behaviour" in the new RC6 - it would be the Font-Rendering you should "keep an eye on".
    (I've tested this of course in a few Widget-based Apps of mine, but yours is currently one of the largest of this kind out there, I guess).

    At this occasion, your recent algo- and effect-additions (BarbieDoll, Painter, StipplingV2 & Co.) are fantastic.

    Olaf

  5. #165

    Thread Starter
    Fanatic Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    528

    Re: Program Testers

    Quote Originally Posted by Schmidt View Post
    Ah, good to know that the change to RC6 was (apparently) not causing any issues in your (in the meantime) quite large Project.

    As written in the "Version-log", in the new version I've completely changed the underlying "cairo-flat-library" compiling their newest sources.

    This brought indeed a speed-up, especially in "Polygon-Filling" and "PixelSurface-based blending-ops" -
    (I've measured about 30-40% speed-improvements there).

    But what was also changed (underneath the COM-wrapper-methods) was especially the Font-Rendering -
    (which I've now completely left to cairo again, whereas in the RC5-wrapper I had to resort to using the Windows-GDI, to finally render the Glyphs in good quality).

    So, if there's a chance for "different, potentially surprising behaviour" in the new RC6 - it would be the Font-Rendering you should "keep an eye on".
    (I've tested this of course in a few Widget-based Apps of mine, but yours is currently one of the largest of this kind out there, I guess).

    At this occasion, your recent algo- and effect-additions (BarbieDoll, Painter, StipplingV2 & Co.) are fantastic.

    Olaf
    Hi,
    Yes, I had no problems upgrading to the RC6 version.

    Speaking of font rendering, everything seems fine to me.

    I take this opportunity to point out an anomaly that I had noticed in RC5 (and which at the moment I don't know has changed in RC6) regarding the rendering of tooltips.
    I don't know how to explain it, but sometimes, (When VbCrLf characters are present) some lines at the bottom were missing.
    And to remedy this, I added some space characters to the end of the text lines.

    Getting compliments from you always flatters me. Thanks!

    By the way I find this program very original and functional.
    The possibility of "connecting" the various modules with a few clicks to your liking (plus the setting of the parameters of it) to achieve a customized effect I think is really a great thing.
    But I didn't find much enthusiasm (in terms of numbers) from users.
    I don't know if because I didn't do any promotion, or for some other reason, such as:
    - Complicated interface (I tried to simplify it and reduce it to the bone)
    - Difficulty in learning the operations that the various modules (now more than 260) carry out. (which in fact requires a non-trivial learning curve especially for newbies)
    - Or some other reason.

    However I am proud of this program, which over time (Absolutely not full time, but rather sporadically; in fits and starts) I have implemented and improved in quality and functions.

    I'll keep an eye on Font-Rendering.

  6. #166

    Thread Starter
    Fanatic Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    528

    Re: Program Testers

    @Olaf

    BTW
    I updated this project (with RC6) which do an intensive use of Polygons ( PolygonSingle )

    to run it fast as it can, turn on the TURBO checkbox

    ( It seems faster, but not sure though )


  7. #167
    PowerPoster
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    5,025

    Re: Program Testers

    Quote Originally Posted by reexre View Post
    I updated this project (with RC6) which do an intensive use of Polygons ( PolygonSingle )

    to run it fast as it can, turn on the TURBO checkbox

    ( It seems faster, but not sure though )
    What's faster IMO "without doing anything" is the Blending-ops (CC.RenderSurfaceContent).

    And what can be made faster now (manually) is the typical "Fill and then Stroke" sequence (on a Polygon-Path):

    Code:
      m.CC.SetSourceColor Obj.Color, 1, Refl
      m.CC.AntiAlias = CAIRO_ANTIALIAS_NONE: m.CC.Fill True
          
      m.CC.SetSourceColor vbBlack
      m.CC.AntiAlias = CAIRO_ANTIALIAS_FAST: m.CC.Stroke
    The above snippet is out of my new c3Dxxx supporting Classes, which I will integrate into the next RC6-release.

    Normally, the CC.Antialias-Prop is sitting at CAIRO_ANTIALIAS_DEFAULT ...
    (which in the RC6 version ensures a slightly better looking AntiAliasing, without loosing speed).

    What's new is the enum-value CAIRO_ANTIALIAS_FAST (which looks nearly as good as the old RC5-CAIRO_ANTIALIAS_DEFAULT).

    Further speedup comes from the little trick on the Fill-instructions (no Antialiasing, but that was available in RC5 as well).

    In my 3D rendering tests (3000 Polygons or so), I see about:
    - 15 FPS (when not touching CC.Antialias at all, leaving it at the Default)
    - 25 FPS (with a "global" setting of CAIRO_ANTIALIAS_FAST - for both - Filling and Stroking)
    - 36 FPS (with the little trick, which does the filling with no antialiasing, and the stroking with CAIRO_ANTIALIAS_FAST)

    Just to give you some rough idea of the speed-ratios over the different modes.

    HTH

    Olaf

  8. #168

    Thread Starter
    Fanatic Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    528

    Re: Program Testers

    @Olaf Thank you! Good to know!

    I tested on CAIRO_ANTIALIAS_FAST on PhotoModularFX (Drawing Interface [Nodes and connections]) and it's faster and keeping good quality.
    Next update will have this improvement


    Quote Originally Posted by Schmidt View Post
    The above snippet is out of my new c3Dxxx supporting Classes, which I will integrate into the next RC6-release.
    Wow something 3D is coming! ...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Click Here to Expand Forum to Full Width