Thread: VBA code to copy data per month to another sheet

VBA code to copy data per month to another sheet

Hello,

I'm starting with VBA and I'll need some help to write a code that will allow me to copy-paste data depending on the month of the transaction.
    I have a table full of data with transactions, and I would like the code to detect and select the data for March for example, and then copy this selection to another sheet that already exist for the month of March, it will be an April sheet for April's transactions etc....

I know I can do that manually, but I have lots of data, and I was wondering if it was possible to make it faster, do you think it's possible?
    I also tried a vlookup formula but I didn't manage to make it work...

I have attached an example of my file (I have more rows and columns than in the file).

Thank you very much for your help!
    Attached Files Attached Files

PowerPoster

Re: VBA code to copy data per month to another sheet

Certainly can be automated. You'll have to help us with the "map." For example...

"if the month on the data sheet is March, put the data from that row, column "x" into the March tab, row "y" column "z".

Quote Originally Posted by vbfbryce View Post
    Certainly can be automated. You'll have to help us with the "map." For example...

"if the month on the data sheet is March, put the data from that row, column "x" into the March tab, row "y" column "z".
    Manually I select the data of march and copy (value and transpose) it to D1 of march sheet. A4 of data sheet goes to D1 of the March sheet, B4 of data sheet goes to D2 of march sheet...
    Let me know if I'm not clear

PowerPoster

makes sense, got it