Thread: Tax Calculations and Textbox Displaying

Tax Calculations and Textbox Displaying

Hello to everyone who will be looking at this thread i must admit i am a totally new to VB.Net but i was hoping to get some feedback, comments, pointers in the right direction to the problems i have in my code i have compiled so far. I need to display the Item Name along with the Net Price in txtbox4.
    any help is much appreciated with much regards.
    VBNoobie84

Name:  Screen shot of VB project.jpg
Views: 117
Size:  11.2 KB

Re: Tax Calculations and Textbox Displaying

Well, we sorta need to know where the data is coming from and what you've tried to do so far that hasn't worked. The images you have above are too small to read your code - at least on my machine.
    I always add to the reputation of those whose post are helpful, and even occasionally to those whose posts aren't helpful but who obviously put forth a valiant effort. That is, when the system will allow it.
    My war with a browser-redirect trojan

Same here. Try displaying your code by pasting the code in code tags, they look like this:
    [CODE]'Hello world![/CODE]

Quote Originally Posted by VBNoobie84 View Post
    Hello to everyone who will be looking at this thread i must admit i am a totally new to VB.Net but i was hoping to get some feedback, comments, pointers in the right direction to the problems i have in my code i have compiled so far. I need to display the Item Name along with the Net Price in txtbox4.
    any help is much appreciated with much regards.
    VBNoobie84

Name:  Screen shot of VB project.jpg
Views: 117
Size:  11.2 KB
    Sorry about that i will try my best to post it with code tags.
    again im not sure if i did the code tags correctly i apologize in advance the program i am trying to compile is supposed to be like a checkout at a grocery. I am at the point where i need to display the item name and the final total price in richtxt4. Its compiled that only the item net price shows in richtxt4.

Code:
    Public Class SalesTax
        Private Sub TextBox1_TextChanged(sender As Object, e As EventArgs) Handles richtxt1.TextChanged

End Sub
        Private Sub Form1_Load(sender As Object, e As EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load>

End Sub

Private Sub btnCalculate_Click(sender As Object, e As EventArgs) Handles btnCalculate.Click>
            ' User clicks or taps this button and it will multiply the Item
            ' Price and curent tax rate and display the tax amount in richtxt3

Dim i As Double = richtxt1.Text
            i *= richtext2.Text
            richtxt3.Text = i.ToString("C")

End Sub

Private Sub btncalculate2_Click(sender As Object, e As EventArgs) Handles btncalculate2.Click
            ' User taps or clicks this button and it will add the tax rate and the item price
            ' and display the net price.

Dim txtboxItem As String
            txtboxItem = richtxt4.Text

Dim i As Double = richtxt3.Text
            i += richtxt1.Text
            richtxt4.Text = i.ToString("C")

End Sub

Private Sub btnClear_Click(sender As Object, e As EventArgs) Handles btnClear.Click
            ' User taps or clicks this button and it will clear all boxes from any data entered.

richtxt1.Clear()
            richtext2.Clear()
            richtxt3.Clear()
            richtxt4.Clear()
            txtboxItem.Clear()
        End Sub

Private Sub BtnExit_Click(sender As Object, e As EventArgs) Handles BtnExit.Click
            ' User taps or clicks this button and will close application.
            Me.Close()

End Sub

Private Sub richtxt3_TextChanged(sender As Object, e As EventArgs) Handles richtxt3.TextChanged

End Sub
    End Class
    Last edited by dday9; Mar 27th, 2015 at 03:31 PM. Reason: Added Code Tags

I'm sorry, but I have to laugh... I think you misunderstood dday's explaniation of using the code tags - first time I've seen someone do that and actually a little surprised I hadn't seen it done like that before - hats off to your doggedness in manipulating the code like that. But ... it works like this:

[code] <- use this to mark the START of your code

THIS is where your code code

[/code] <- use this to mark the END of the code

So an example would look like this:

[code]
    Dim a as Integer
    a = 10
    Messagebox.show(a.Tostring)
    [/code]

and it will come out looking like this:
    Code:
    Dim a as Integer
    a = 10
    Messagebox.show(a.Tostring)
    -tg
    * I don't respond to private (PM) requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.*
    * I also don't respond to friend requests. Save a few bits and don't bother. I'll just end up rejecting anyways.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF - Removing eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to??? *

There's actually a toolbar button above the editor that has a '#' symbol. This will take any highlighted text and wrap it in code tags.

So you can put your code in the editor, highlight it, and then use the toolbar button to enclose it in code tags.

Or... you can just click on the toolbar button and it will put empty tags in the editor. You can then paste your code in between the tags.
    I always add to the reputation of those whose post are helpful, and even occasionally to those whose posts aren't helpful but who obviously put forth a valiant effort. That is, when the system will allow it.
    My war with a browser-redirect trojan