Thread: [RESOLVED] data table display order

Fanatic Member

Resolved [RESOLVED] data table display order

Here I sit, broken hearted...... wrong forum.
    OK, I added a new record to a data table in a form. Everything is cool. All the information is in the right field and in the Access database the new record is last, as it should be. However (why is there always a however?), for some reason, the added record always shows up in the data grid view and in the binding navigator, in another form, as the first record, instead of the last. What's going on here?

Fanatic Member

Re: data table display order

I did find and correct the problem. It turns out that the order property in the binding navigator had no value. I input the name of the field by which I wanted the records ordered and that fixed the problem. The question that leaves me with is why was this property blank in the first place? In previous usage of the binding navigator I never encountered this problem.

Re: [RESOLVED] data table display order

It was blank because how could it possibly know what field you did want to sort on? As for comparing it to your previous usage... maybe you got lucky... maybe it was set at some point. With out any sorting, it's simply going to display the records in the order they're in the datatable which likely depends on the order in which they were retrieved from the database which depends on a number of factors.

-tg
    * I don't respond to private (PM) requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.*
    * I also don't respond to friend requests. Save a few bits and don't bother. I'll just end up rejecting anyways.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF - Removing eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to??? *