Thread: Can someone help me get started moving a bitmap from one place to another

Question Can someone help me get started moving a bitmap from one place to another

I am not sure where to get started with this as I am looking at the msdn library to try to figure out the best route.

I would like to load a picture, and on top of this picture, I will have cut out pictures. So for example, I have a picture of a room with an opening and on top of that, I put a small clip art of a door. I would like the user to be able to select the door and drag and drop it into another window. Realistically it's not a door that will be dragged, but other items and etc.

At first I figured a picturebox has most of what I need, but I would like the user to be able to reorganize the clipart, so they would be more like dynamic icons. I got stuck looking into this so I'm not sure what technologies to look at, what controls and etc. I prefer Visual Basic .NET, which is why I ask the question here.

Does anyone have a recommendation that might help me get started with this.

As a side note, even though I'm not working on a game, and this is a generic question, the best example of what I would like to accomplish is in the classic MacVenture series of games. If you youtube or google DejVu or DejaVu II, you will see exactly what I'm trying to recreate.

Here is a link to the Windows version "DejaVu II - Lost In Vegas". I actually think this is GDI if you look at it. Not .NET, but maybe even Visual Basic. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMikI04K28I

Fanatic Member

Re: Can someone help me get started moving a bitmap from one place to another

Don't ask why, just reboot!