Thread: [SOLVED]Error after installing the System

Lively Member

Resolved [SOLVED]Error after installing the System

Tested on: Windows XP SP3
    will test in Windows 7 SP1 x64 later

need help guys... I just finish our Alpha version of our system... when I run this system on VS 2010 it works fine but after I publish our system an error popup after install..... need help guys we have only 2 weeks before our defense.

more details in error

Code:
    See the end of this message for details on invoking 
    just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
    System.Data.OleDb.OleDbException (0x80004005): Could not find file 'C:\Documents and Settings\MeSH\Local Settings\Apps\2.0\MAT0WVC0.PDT\WDWC2J89.H62\syst..tion_63eb62ce5f69af30_0001.0000_e66eb8fa43a2d72a\simpleDatabase.accdb'.
       at System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnectionInternal..ctor(OleDbConnectionString constr, OleDbConnection connection)
       at System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnectionFactory.CreateConnection(DbConnectionOptions options, Object poolGroupProviderInfo, DbConnectionPool pool, DbConnection owningObject)
       at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.CreateNonPooledConnection(DbConnection owningConnection, DbConnectionPoolGroup poolGroup)
       at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.GetConnection(DbConnection owningConnection)
       at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionClosed.OpenConnection(DbConnection outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory)
       at System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnection.Open()
       at System_2.Form1.Form1_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
       at System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
    mscorlib
        Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
        Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 (RTMRel.030319-0100)
        CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
    ----------------------------------------
    System_2
        Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
        Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/MeSH/Local%20Settings/Apps/2.0/MAT0WVC0.PDT/WDWC2J89.H62/syst..tion_63eb62ce5f69af30_0001.0000_e66eb8fa43a2d72a/System_2.exe
    Microsoft.VisualBasic
        Assembly Version: 10.0.0.0
        Win32 Version: 10.0.30319.1 built by: RTMRel
        CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/v4.0_10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
    System
        Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 built by: RTMRel
        CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
    System.Core
        CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
    System.Windows.Forms
        CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
    System.Drawing
        CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
    System.Configuration
        CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
    System.Xml
        CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
    System.Runtime.Remoting
        CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
    System.Data
        CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/System.Data/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll
    Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel
        Assembly Version: 14.0.0.0
        Win32 Version: 14.0.4756.1000
        CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel/14.0.0.0__71e9bce111e9429c/Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel.dll
    office
        Assembly Version: 14.0.0.0
        Win32 Version: 14.0.4760.1000
        CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/office/14.0.0.0__71e9bce111e9429c/office.dll
    System.Transactions
        CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/System.Transactions/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Transactions.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
    To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
    application or computer (machine.config) must have the
    jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
    The application must also be compiled with debugging
    enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
        <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
    </configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
    will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
    rather than be handled by this dialog box.
    PROBLEM SOLVED:

To all who experiencing problem here on their first encounter just follow this simple steps:

in my case I have 3 databases

1. CollegeLibraryUserAttendance.accdb as my main database
    2. dailyReport.xlsx
    3. report.xlsx

Step 1:
    Right click your project and choose Add -> Existing item and type the name of your database then click Add
    Click me!!!

Step 2:
    Right click your databases and follow this settings:
    Click me!!!
    Last edited by MeSH; Feb 13th, 2015 at 02:24 AM. Reason: Problem Solved

Re: Error after installing the System

It always amazes me that no matter how direct error messages are, people are still confounded by the source of the error.
    It's plain and simple - even says so - "Could not find file 'C:\Documents and Settings\MeSH\Local Settings\Apps\2.0\MAT0WVC0.PDT\WDWC2J89.H62\syst..tion_63eb62ce5f69af30_0001.0000_e66eb8fa43a2d72a\simpleDatabase.accdb'."

It looks like when you published, you failed to include the database that goes with it... so it cannot find it.

-tg
    * I don't respond to private (PM) requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.*
    * I also don't respond to friend requests. Save a few bits and don't bother. I'll just end up rejecting anyways.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF - Removing eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to??? *

Lively Member

I once ask questions here that when you put your database in the bin\Debug folder when it publish it will include....

and now I publish and install it... that error pop up... no one tell me that it must include it before it publish....

so can you tell me how I include it?

Quote Originally Posted by MeSH View Post
    I once ask questions here that when you put your database in the bin\Debug folder when it publish it will include....
    I don't know what question you actually asked or what answer you were actually given but you DO NOT put your database in the bin\Debug folder and doing so would be irrelevant to publishing. What you do is add your clean database to your project in the Solution Explorer and then configure it to be copied to the output folder when you build, either every time (default) or only when the original has changed (generally preferred). When you then publish, it should be included automatically. To check whether it is and to fix it if it's not, open the Publish page of the project properties and click the Application Files button. If it's not already, include your database in the publish as a data file.

Lively Member

Quote Originally Posted by jmcilhinney View Post
    I don't know what question you actually asked or what answer you were actually given but you DO NOT put your database in the bin\Debug folder and doing so would be irrelevant to publishing. What you do is add your clean database to your project in the Solution Explorer and then configure it to be copied to the output folder when you build, either every time (default) or only when the original has changed (generally preferred). When you then publish, it should be included automatically. To check whether it is and to fix it if it's not, open the Publish page of the project properties and click the Application Files button. If it's not already, include your database in the publish as a data file.
    I marked as solved already sir I include also a TUT pics so that if someone encounter the same error as mine at least I have a contribution please look at the first page tested and working.