Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Anyone into 3D printing?

PowerPoster

Re: Anyone into 3D printing?

What projects did you make xman2000 ?

I didn't touch VB6 for more than 10 years, I moved to VB.NET and C#. But when it comes to programming for microcontrollers, I use C / C++

Also, I moved away from Windows since Windows 10 came out. My main operating system is Linux Mint. That's another reason why I use C++, and also I started to learn python. Another benefit; any program I make in my Limux Mint, it will most likely work on Raspberry PI

This forum is not very popular with 3D printers, microcontrollers, robotics, etc... whenever I post here anything other than programming for PC ... I feel alone

Lively Member

Hi CVMichel,

my projects be in paper only, i have gadgets devices, 3D printer, computer, and softwares, but not start the physical (material) projects.

my projects are:
    - SmartHome
    - Robots
    -Videophones
    - CellPhone (mobile phone)
    - projector 3D
    - 3D models to print and 2D models to cut in CNC
    - CNC cutter homemade
    - Software 3D
    - Library3Dvb6 (Like DLL)

I choose vb6 because is the base for many others Basic (vb.net, qbasic, vba, etc) languages and many platforms (MsOffice, Autocad, Corel, etc).

like have a good knowledge base to VB6 and after have versions for others more important languages like python, Java, C++.

i am only know VB6 and VBA, and i have important reasons to make a knowledge base in pureVB6 before others languages.

we need a specific place in VBForums to Threads of Projects of Makers.
    but we can work in others forums too, i will send p.m. inbox to you now.

I haven't been very involved in this thread so this may have already been brought up but I just saw this article about using light rays for 3D printing.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/techn...=.e0dad0cd24d0
    Please remember next time...elections matter!

PowerPoster

Yeah, I saw another article on this a few days ago:

Instant Print 3D Objects Using Tomography

Interesting, but early days yet as far as I can tell.

Lively Member

Quote Originally Posted by TysonLPrice View Post
    I haven't been very involved in this thread so this may have already been brought up but I just saw this article about using light rays for 3D printing.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/techn...=.e0dad0cd24d0
    awesome !
    what the principle under this method ?
    the liquid is one pixel color.
    you know about VB6 for 3D printing ?

Quote Originally Posted by dilettante View Post

Quite cool of an idea.
    VB/Office Guru™ (AKA: Gangsta Yoda®)
    I dont answer coding questions via PM. Please post a thread in the appropriate forum.

Microsoft MVP 2006-2011
    Office Development FAQ (C#, VB.NET, VB 6, VBA)
    Senior Jedi Software Engineer MCP (VB 6 & .NET), BSEE, CET
    If a post has helped you then Please Rate it!
    Reps & Rating PostsVS.NET on Vista Multiple .NET Framework Versions Office Primary Interop AssembliesVB/Office Guru™ Word SpellChecker™.NETVB/Office Guru™ Word SpellChecker™ VB6VB.NET Attributes Ex.Outlook Global Address ListAPI Viewer utility.NET API Viewer Utility
    System: Intel i7 6850K, Geforce GTX1060, Samsung M.2 1 TB & SATA 500 GB, 32 GBs DDR4 3300 Quad Channel RAM, 2 Viewsonic 24" LCDs, Windows 10, Office 2016, VS 2019, VB6 SP6

Quote Originally Posted by dilettante View Post

This is awesome! 3D printing will be so much faster! I need to learn more about this. Thank you for sharing.

My snap maker just arrived. Going to set it up this weekend. Need some things to print now
    I dont answer coding questions via PM. Please post a thread in the appropriate forum.

Microsoft MVP 2006-2011
    Reps & Rating PostsVS.NET on Vista Multiple .NET Framework Versions Office Primary Interop AssembliesVB/Office Guru™ Word SpellChecker™.NETVB/Office Guru™ Word SpellChecker™ VB6VB.NET Attributes Ex.Outlook Global Address ListAPI Viewer utility.NET API Viewer Utility
    System: Intel i7 6850K, Geforce GTX1060, Samsung M.2 1 TB & SATA 500 GB, 32 GBs DDR4 3300 Quad Channel RAM, 2 Viewsonic 24" LCDs, Windows 10, Office 2016, VS 2019, VB6 SP6

PowerPoster

Quote Originally Posted by RobDog888 View Post
    My snap maker just arrived. Going to set it up this weekend. Need some things to print now
    Ow, wow, NICE!

Did you get the laser engraver and cnc carving tool also? or just the 3D printing head?

Post pictures!!! I'm so excited for you

Quote Originally Posted by CVMichael View Post
    Ow, wow, NICE!

Did you get the laser engraver and cnc carving tool also? or just the 3D printing head?

Post pictures!!! I'm so excited for you
    YThanks! I waited 7 weeks for it after purchase. Yea its the 3 in 1. I didnt get the high power laser module 1600mw as I want to see how it all works and if I should invest more into it after I deem it worthy. So the 200mw laser, cnc module and 3d print head. Hope to set it up today. I'll take some pics

Microsoft MVP 2006-2011

PowerPoster

Quote Originally Posted by RobDog888 View Post
    Hope to set it up today. I'll take some pics
    Did you get the chance to try it out?

I wanted to join the game with the 3 in 1 thing, so I bought a 24V, 30 Watt, 6000 RPM motor, with ER11 collet, and engraving bits from Amazon. I will receive those next week. I will 3D print an attachment for my 3D printer, and hopefully get it to engrave/carve something.

So now my printer can 3D print, 3D scan, and soon carve I was thinking to also get a laser, but I am afraid someone might get burned or blind by mistake, not a good idea with kids around my printer. My printer is enclosed with acrylic sheets, but those are useless against laser reflections.

Do you know the power of the motor you got for your carving tool? I googled, and did not find the specifications for the carving tool

Also, on the snap maker, the linear modules do they use belts internally? or lead screw ?

Havent had the chance to even open it yet. Still so damn busy with work and the business.

I'll check it out at least and let you know the specs I can get

Microsoft MVP 2006-2011

PowerPoster

Hi RobDog!

It's been a few months, did you do anything with your snap maker?

Quote Originally Posted by CVMichael View Post
    Hi RobDog!

It's been a few months, did you do anything with your snap maker?
    Funny you ask. I just finished building my new computer last week and have been loading it up. Hope to bust open the SM box this weekend. Going to try Fusion 360 for the designing.
    My previous computer had no more hd space and was slow af (core 2 extreme from ~2005 and 2 gbs memory). New computer is in my sig specs

Microsoft MVP 2006-2011

PowerPoster

I upgraded my computer in Nov 2016, I got a similar CPU - Intel i7 6800K 6-Core, everything else much less in performance, but back then it cost me close to $2,000 CAD, just the CPU was around $550 (from what I remember).
    Awesome new system though!

About your snap maker; you didn't even take it out of the box since February! wow, I don't think I could have contained myself from assembling it. I hope it didn't rust in there just joking

Its still unopened as it sits under my desk at home

I still have to download and install office 2016 and configure quickbooks. Then I'll be ready to download fuision 360 (not sure what other program to use bettter?) and install the sm js software

Microsoft MVP 2006-2011

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234