Thread: How to get title class through regex

How to get title class through regex

Hi all,

I'm trying to get a particular content in a web page the "title", in this website: http://tinyurl.com/ojoakxl

there's the table "Classifica" with some teams, I would grab "Ultime 5 partite" form, if the user overlapping the mouse on the colorful box appear a team result for the specific day. I would grab this title class; so I realized a regex like this:

Code:
    .giornata_1_casa = Val(Regex.Match(Content, "<td class=""(form-icon form-draw | form-icon form-win | form-icon form-loss )""\s*></td>").Groups(1).ToString)
    I used the "|" operator because there's three type of class (draw, win, loss) with yellow, green, red color.
    Is possible catch the title for this specific class in one regex? Because my pattern doesn't working.

Re: How to get title class through regex

Here.

Quote Originally Posted by Toph View Post
    Here.
    I'm not very good with the regex, is good for vb.net?:

Code:
    .giornata_1_casa = Val(Regex.Match(Content, "<td class=""(.*)[D|W|L]""\s*></td>").Groups(1).ToString)
    Thank you so much!

Hold on. What are you trying to grab? Show me. Be as descriptive as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Toph View Post
    Hold on. What are you trying to grab? Show me. Be as descriptive as possible.
    The regex return me "0", I'm trying to get the title of the html element. For example the element title in the image is: Juventus - Chievo Verona 2 - 0. I want that the regex grab this content for each colorful box

Code:
     .giornata_1_casa = Val(Regex.Match(Content, "<a href=""(.*)"" class=""(.*)"" title=""(.*)"">[D|W|L]</a>").Groups(1).ToString)

Code:
    Imports System.Text.RegularExpressions
    Imports System.Net

Module Module1

Sub Main()
            Dim response As String

Using wc As New WebClient()
                response = wc.DownloadString("http://it.soccerway.com/national/italy/serie-a/20142015/regular-season/r27139/?ICID=SN_01_01")
            End Using

For Each m As Match In Regex.Matches(response, "<a href=""(.*)"" class=""(.*)"" title=""(.*)"">[D|W|L]</a>")
                Console.WriteLine(m.Groups(3).ToString())
            Next

Console.ReadLine()

End Sub

End Module

Uhm you working on a different link, I don't know if a different link can cause the regex failed.
    I using an algorithm that assembles the link according to the parameters that the user has entered ..
    For example the link of the image is:

link

You think that is a link problem?

If that data is in JSON format, then parse the JSON then. You're really confusing me.

Sorry for the confusion. I already parse the page, I obtain all content of the link. Now I've a function that use regex for get a specific content through the parsed page.
    If you see the link that I've posted previously you can see that the structure of the content is like this:

Code:
    <a href=\"\/matches\/2015\/01\/25\/italy\/serie-a\/juventus-fc\/ac-chievo-verona\/1836483\/\" class=\"form-icon form-win \" title=\"Juventus - Chievo Verona 2 - 0\">W<\/a>
    You think that your regex working on this structure? Because in my code return 0