Thread: InitialzeComponent error

Question InitialzeComponent error

Dear forum,

I'm wondering if someone could help me on this issue because I really don't want to redesign my form again. I'm using vs2012 on win7 pro. I have the following error saying:

failed to parse method `InitializeComponent`

If I click Ignore and Continue I won't be able to see my form with objects again!

really appreciate your help!

Name:  error.jpg
Views: 503
Size:  20.5 KB

Re: InitialzeComponent error

It would be helpful if the quality of that image was better. Also, it seems like your designer code is all messed up.

Show all files... find the .Designer file for the form in question... open it up and look for any errors. Correct them, save and re-open the file.

I blew up the image, it wasn't much clearer. But I did manage to catch the phrase "Interop" and "Serialization" ... ick.

-tg
    * I don't respond to private (PM) requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.*
    * I also don't respond to friend requests. Save a few bits and don't bother. I'll just end up rejecting anyways.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF - Removing eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to??? *

Thank you for your quick reply!

Is there any option to enlarge the image? I got it from a print screen and paint

I created a project using OPCServer and Visual Basic as OPCClient to communicate and exchange data with PLC. I restarted my computer and I got this error when I launched the project again.

Instances of this error (1)

1. Hide Call Stack

at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Design.Serialization.CodeDom.VSCodeDomParser.OnMethodPopulateStatements(Objec t sender, EventArgs e)
    at System.CodeDom.CodeMemberMethod.get_Statements()
    at System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.TypeCodeDomSerializer.Deserialize(IDesignerSerializationM anager manager, CodeTypeDeclaration declaration)
    at System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.CodeDomDesignerLoader.PerformLoad(IDesignerSerializationM anager manager)
    at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Design.Serialization.CodeDom.VSCodeDomDesignerLoader.PerformLoad(IDesignerSer ializationManager serializationManager)
    at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Design.Serialization.CodeDom.VSCodeDomDesignerLoader.DeferredLoadHandler.Micr osoft.VisualStudio.TextManager.Interop.IVsTextBufferDataEvents.OnLoadCompleted(Int32 fReload)
    Attached Images Attached Images  

image problems aside - which is the work of the forums, there's only so much that can be done about that...

did you look in the designer file like I suggested and look to see where you may have any errors? It looks like there is some component that you are using, and it's failing some how. I'd look at the InitializeComponent sub in the designer and see if there are any errors in there.

-tg
    * I don't respond to private (PM) requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.*
    * I also don't respond to friend requests. Save a few bits and don't bother. I'll just end up rejecting anyways.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF - Removing eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to??? *

Thank you for your help techgnome!

I deleted the component that generate the errors in my designer file and now I can see my main form again. I would like to ask you if there is any way to get your form back if you clicked Ignore and Continue?

thx!

Try cleaning your solution files, and rebuilding. But I think just going to the design view would fix things.

I have tried this before and every time when I launch the main form It just display an empty one even after cleaning and rebuilding. I though I have lost it forever.