Thread: [RESOLVED] How to detect process closing???

Hyperactive Member

Resolved [RESOLVED] How to detect process closing???

Hello Guys,

I have been developing an anti-cheat software for couple of months. Now the problem I am facing is that my anti-cheat has a login system. And when a users login in the database his status becomes status=1. Now if for some reason the application becomes not responding or the client quits the process from task manager end process then nxt time when he tries to login he gets the msg of no multiple logins as the status remains 1 instead of 0. So how can I track the event of end process to make end process as logout.

Please help me...

Thanks in advance....

Re: How to detect process closing???

I'm thinking that you probably can't. After all, there are scenarios, such as somebody pulling the plug, where you have NO chance to write anything or do anything. Therefore, I would suggest that you have to think of a way to manage around that. For example, perhaps you could have something in My.Settings that you write as soon as the user logs in, and which will be erased if the user exits normally. If you run the app again, and the status = 1, but that setting remains in My.Settings, then you know that the user didn't exit normally. Something like that might work.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

Hyperactive Member

Only If I detect then the total purpose is not served. Is there any way in which I can reset the database value from detecting???

This is a problem without a clean resolution.

Several ways to do it: have a TCP or UDP keep alive message. If the message isn't received within a given time then the client is no longer present and act appropriately. Perform a periodic database update with a timestamp. If the client hasn't updated the database within a given time then the client is not connected and act appropriately.
    "Ok, my response to that is pending a Google search" - Bucky Katt.
    "There are two types of people in the world: Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data sets." - Unk.
    "Before you can 'think outside the box' you need to understand where the box is."

Hyperactive Member

I can do the timestamp. But have to do it for all clients. Is there any system in phpmyadmin so that I can configure timestamp for each client? Suppose when a user logs in his timer will will start and his timer will make the status 0 after every 60 seconds. Can this be done in phpmyadmin for separate users because all the users not log in at the same time...

Hyperactive Member

Bump

You have been warned about bumping before. Why do you keep doing it? The whole solution is obvious. If the program shuts down correctly set a flag.

Hyperactive Member

Ok bro will not bump again...Got it...thanks for the solution guys....