Thread: [RESOLVED] Anyone able to give me a hand? Will pay for your time

Resolved [RESOLVED] Anyone able to give me a hand? Will pay for your time

Hey All,

Just wondering if there's anyone here who would be able to help me with the following:

I have a VB.NET project that I've packaged as a .TLB and am now using within VB6. Extremely simple project nothing complex at all but here is the issue that i'm stumped on.

In my VB.NET class i have a simple event that's triggered/raised when a button on the .net control is clicked. What I need help with is HOW I can see inside my VB6 Project when this .net event is triggered.

i.e

1. Event is triggered within .net class
    2. VB6 app notices it has been raised, and reacts.

If anyone is confident they can help me with this(it is fairly simple as far as I understand, an interface of sorts needs to be setup within the vb.net class) and doesn't mind working with me for probably 30 minutes max? please PM me if interested and I will reply in about 20 minutes as i'm just having dinner. I Will absolutely pay you for your time as well!

Thanks a lot!

Re: Anyone able to give me a hand? Will pay for your time

Doesn't look like i'm able to PM others so please just post here if interested as i am now available. Many thanks

PowerPoster

Re: Anyone able to give me a hand? Will pay for your time

I'm not sure if you are still seeking assistance on your issue as this thread is marked resolved, but I would recommend that you take a look at the Microsoft InteropForms Toolkit 2.1

It is designed to install a a few project templates to assist in creating .Net controls for VB6. The installer works with VS2008 and 2010, so you may have a problem if one of those is not installed. As they are just templates, you can copy them to your 2013 templates folder and use them.

I have used them to create controls for use in Excel VBA and had sucess, so I think you should not have any issues once you get the templates installed.

If you have problems getting the full toolkit installed, here is one of the templates that you should be able to load and see how MS sets up the project. I copied it from my VS2008 folder to VS2013 and it was loaded.

VB6 UserControl.zip

Just place the zip file in you user templates folder.

C:\Users\UserName\Documents\Visual Studio 2013\Templates\ProjectTemplates\Visual Basic