Thread: I have created an Add In with a form for Excel, how to store user's form settings?

I have created an Add In with a form for Excel, how to store user's form settings?

I have created an Add In with a form for Excel 2013 using VS 2013. My question is to allow storage of custom settings in relation to this Add In form?

The Add In allows the Excel's user to connect to a remote web service, I need to store his / her username and password for the connection.

I can add Text input areas but the question is how to store the user custom values? Where to store them? Registry or local file?

Thanks very much.

Fanatic Member

Re: I have created an Add In with a form for Excel, how to store user's form settings

pick one, it doesnt really matter where you put it, just make sure its encrypted.

Use MySettings for ease of use or create a file using code and do it that way,
    or
    the registry will be a little safer(against accidental deletion)
    Yes!!!
    Working from home is so much better than working in an office...
    Nothing can beat the combined stress of getting your work done on time whilst
    1. one toddler keeps pressing your AVR's power button
    2. one baby keeps crying for milk
    3. one child keeps running in and out of the house screaming and shouting
    4. one wife keeps nagging you to stop playing on the pc and do some real work.. house chores
    5. working at 1 O'clock in the morning because nobody is awake at that time
    6. being grossly underpaid for all your hard work