Thread: [RESOLVED] Help protecting a directory

Resolved [RESOLVED] Help protecting a directory

I have a small app and I want to protect a specific directory . I want to access with the software but not manually. The software must access because there is important files in this directory but I dont want those files are visible . How can I protect this directory to make sure no one can access to my files?

This is a software to display images (slideshow) , I have the images stored in a directory named images, I want to protect this directory because I paid to a graphic designer for those images and I dont want to see my images share in internet.

Thanks for your help.

Note: I am a beginner so if someone want to help me I need a little more help than other coder.

Re: Help protecting a directory

If you don't intend to make any changes to the contents of the folder then don't use a folder at all. Add the images to your project as resources and then they will be compiled into the EXE itself. If you do that on the Resources page of the project properties then you can access each image via My.Resources in code.

Thanks for the good idea but the problem is that there are a lot of images I was thinking in download the images from my server to the folder after the user has installed the software because if not the exe will be very heavy.

Quote Originally Posted by jmcilhinney View Post
    If you don't intend to make any changes to the contents of the folder then don't use a folder at all. Add the images to your project as resources and then they will be compiled into the EXE itself. If you do that on the Resources page of the project properties then you can access each image via My.Resources in code.

Quote Originally Posted by vbnewcorner View Post
    Thanks for the good idea but the problem is that there are a lot of images I was thinking in download the images from my server to the folder after the user has installed the software because if not the exe will be very heavy.
    That's not necessarily an issue and, if you don't want the EXE to get bigger then you can always use a satellite assembly, which is a DLL specifically for resources.

Thanks I love this solution, I will implement.

Quote Originally Posted by jmcilhinney View Post
    That's not necessarily an issue and, if you don't want the EXE to get bigger then you can always use a satellite assembly, which is a DLL specifically for resources.