Thread: Sending Mouseclick to minimized windows

Sending Mouseclick to minimized windows

Hello Guys,

my name is Jason and I'm currently in the process of learning Visual Basic, so I already excuse myself if this question is too easy to answer
    Well, I want to do the following:
    I would like to code a program, which is able to send a left mouseclick (and holds it) to a Game.
    I've already managed to do that with a loop. but now I would like to ask if it is somehow possible to also send the click while the window is minimized,
    so I'm able to use other programs at the same time and the click is only working in this specific application.

Thank you very very much for your help in advance, I really appreciate any kind of contribution to this

Greets,
    Jason

Re: Sending Mouseclick to minimized windows

What game is this and why would you want to automate closing the game?

It's the game Minecraft and I don't want to close the game, I just want a program, that constantly sends a click to the program while the window is minimized, so I can mine without having to do it myself
    But thank you for reading and answering to my thread

I'm not sure how you want to do what you're wanting to do, but as a moderator it's my job to make sure that everything goes within the rules. What you're wanting to create is a mod or bot, which typically is against the terms of use for that game which in turn goes against our acceptable use policy. However... I took a look at Minecraft's Terms of Use and found that what you're wanting to do does not break their rules:
    If you've bought the Game, you may play around with it and modify it. We'd appreciate it if you didn't use this for griefing, though, and remember not to distribute the changed versions of our software. Basically, mods (or plugins, or tools) are cool (you can distribute those), hacked versions of the Game client or server are not (you can't distribute those).
    So while I'm backing out of this thread, for those of you that decide to help, just know that it does not go against the games terms.

Quote Originally Posted by dday9 View Post
    I'm not sure how you want to do what you're wanting to do, but as a moderator it's my job to make sure that everything goes within the rules. What you're wanting to create is a mod or bot, which typically is against the terms of use for that game which in turn goes against our acceptable use policy. However... I took a look at Minecraft's Terms of Use and found that what you're wanting to do does not break their rules:

So while I'm backing out of this thread, for those of you that decide to help, just know that it does not go against the games terms.
    Thanks for making this clear
    I hope that some VB.NET pros can help me with this

Is there still noone who can help me with this? :/
    I would really appreciate any kind of feedback please

Sinecure devotee

I'm pretty sure it isn't possible. The game has to convert mouse screen coordinates into it's window's client area, and when the game is minimized, I believe its client area may have no size.
    Since you've already done this with the game not minimized, I assume you had to manually, or programmatically put the mouse over the area you want to click on. The mouse down doesn't have a position embedded in it, so you have to position the mouse before sending the click, which pretty much prevents you from using the mouse at the same time for other things.
    Plus, windows is routing the mouse event to the appropriate window, (the one under the cursor), not one that you specify.
    Run the game on another computer, or perhaps you can try running the game in a virtual machine. I would have to test to see if the virtual machine would move the mouse around in itself, without affecting the mouse position of the mouse in the host machine.
    That may be worth experimenting with (for me), but running a graphics intensive game in a virtual machine is usually not a pretty sight.
    Last edited by passel; Dec 17th, 2014 at 06:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by passel View Post
    I'm pretty sure it isn't possible. The game has to convert mouse screen coordinates into it's window's client area, and when the game is minimized, I believe its client area may have no size.
    Since you've already done this with the game not minimized, I assume you had to manually, or programmatically put the mouse over the area you want to click on. The mouse down doesn't have a position embedded in it, so you have to position the mouse before sending the click, which pretty much prevents you from using the mouse at the same time for other things.
    Plus, windows is routing the mouse event to the appropriate window, (the one under the cursor), not one that you specify.
    Run the game on another computer, or perhaps you can try running the game in a virtual machine. I would have to test to see if the virtual machine would move the mouse around in itself, without affecting the mouse position of the mouse in the host machine.
    That may be worth experimenting with (for me), but running a graphics intensive game in a virtual machine is usually not a pretty sight.
    Alright, thank you very much for your help, I really appreciate it
    I also already tried it in a virtual machine but it doesen't run that well as you already mentioned.
    Anyway, thanks for making that clear for me

Okay let me try clear this up, basically, he needs an auto clicker than will constant click and hold for say one second then release and start again repeatedly.

OP There are many that can do this just try googling auto clicker.

(If i'm wrong, feel free to kill me haha)