Thread: [RESOLVED] I do believe we are being spammed

Resolved [RESOLVED] I do believe we are being spammed

And by "we" I mean VBF... of which I'm not really a part of... I am a part of the community, but not the behind the scenes...

At any rate, when I use the New Posts link, I get one half-rendered thread... when I look at the forums listing page, I see a number of "recent posts" by the same user with an arabic title... and if I go into any of those forums, the page yaks on the first post with the arabic subjects.

-tg
    * I don't respond to private (PM) requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.*
    * I also don't respond to friend requests. Save a few bits and don't bother. I'll just end up rejecting anyways.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF - Removing eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to??? *

Re: I do believe we are being spammed

here's a link to one of the posts by the aleged spammer
    http://www.vbforums.com/showthread.p...95#post4804695

erkn is the user's name I believe.

-tg
    * I don't respond to private (PM) requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.*
    * I also don't respond to friend requests. Save a few bits and don't bother. I'll just end up rejecting anyways.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF - Removing eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to??? *

Re: I do believe we are being spammed

we're looking into this.
    Have you given out your reputation points today? Select the Rate This Post link to give points for good posts!
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    Brad! Jones
    Lots of Software, LLC
    (My recent articles) (I wrote: Web 2.0 Heroes!) (Dad Jokes Book) (Follow me on Twitter)

--------------------------------------------------------------