Thread: Printing the same Recordset Twice

Hyperactive Member

Printing the same Recordset Twice

I create a recordset based on certain criteria and then send the recorset list to the printer which prints to a sheet of labels (this works ok) but in order to check the output before committing the labels I want to print to plain paper and then reprint the same recordset to the labels if all is OK.

At the moment I can only do this by closing and reopening the form.

Can I reprint the same recordset twice?

PowerPoster

Re: Printing the same Recordset Twice

Can I reprint the same recordset twice?
    i would assume so, but without seeing the code you are using??
    i do my best to test code works before i post it, but sometimes am unable to do so for some reason, and usually say so if this is the case.
    Note code snippets posted are just that and do not include error handling that is required in real world applications, but avoid On Error Resume Next

dim all variables as required as often i have done so elsewhere in my code but only posted the relevant part

come back and mark your original post as resolved if your problem is fixed
    pete

PowerPoster

There is far too little information here to suggest a solution.

At a guess I'd suspect a firehose cursor is being used, which of course cannot be "rewound" or repositioned to the first row.

Even if true there is no single solution. It might make sense to change the cursor type and/or location, or it might makes sense just to requery. Which is best depends on a lot of things: client RAM constraints, database type, server loading, network speed and bandwidth, and of course the average amount of data involved.

But we don't even know whether this is using ADO, DAO, or something else entirely as a data connector technology. So a specific copy/paste answer is impossible.

PowerPoster

Well you should be able to simply issue a .MoveFirst against your recordset and go through it again.
    There is no reason that you should have to reload your form but as mentioned above we do not know how you have it coded.