Thread: [RESOLVED] VS 2008 Print a form

Resolved [RESOLVED] VS 2008 Print a form

Hi All,

I need to print a form in VB.net 2008. I get my data from a SQL table and it displays well. For the Summary, I can simply use PrintDocument and it works very well.

My problem is in the Detail Report. For each Supervisor, I have to add the actual workers and their data. A supervisor could have 3 or 30 workers. So then the issue is that it runs onto multiple pages. I need to add a header (title of report one line only) and then a footer with the page number and the date/time of printing.

Attached is what the Summary looks like now.

For each employee, I need to add a row with their number, name and hire date
    then rows like below. Each worker could have 4 or 5 rows depending on the op codes they worked in that week and I need a total of all.
    type(total or detail) / Op Code / Goal Units / Units Proc / Unit Errors / On Std Hrs / Off Std Hrs / Performance / Accuracy / On Std %

So my question is how do I make VS 2008 print that report for me?

All your help is greatly appreciated.

PowerPoster

Re: VS 2008 Print a form

It's really your decision. You can do it with PrintDocument but it's not a simple task. Or, you could create a rdlc report (reportviewer) or a Crystal Report or some other third party reporting tool. btw - Crystal Report does not work with the VB Express edition.

Thank you. I am not familiar with the reportviewer. I will google it and see if I can find some help. If you have any other hints to point me in the correct direction I appreciate it!

PowerPoster

I don't know which version of vs 2008 you have but Reportviewer usually comes with it. You shouldn't have any problems finding example online.

Thank you! Got me headed in the right direction!