Thread: MQTT - IoT Communications Protocol

MQTT - IoT Communications Protocol

http://www.computerworld.com/s/artic..._s_called_MQTT

MQTT has become the "official" communication protocol for IoT devices. Its a low-powered and low-bandwidth method of communications for devices which makes it ideal for tiny IoT devices. My current devices use the HTTP protocol, but I have been trying to implement MQTT.

Re: MQTT - IoT Communications Protocol

Tried playing with MQTT tonight and I couldn't get anything to work... MQTT broker wouldn't work, Arduino MQTT library wasn't wanting to work. Couldn't get Visual Studio working with MQTT either...

Have you seen m2mqtt?
    when you quote a post could you please do it via the "Reply With Quote" button or if it multiple post click the "''+" button then "Reply With Quote" button.
    If this thread is finished with please mark it "Resolved" by selecting "Mark thread resolved" from the "Thread tools" drop-down menu.
    https://get.cryptobrowser.site/30/4111672

Yeah thats what I downloaded. That originally gave me problems because I had VS2013 installed and it requires VS2012... UGH.

I am going to continue to play with it. I am sure I am overlooking some detail thats causing it to go bad.

Quote Originally Posted by dclamp View Post
    Yeah thats what I downloaded. That originally gave me problems because I had VS2013 installed and it requires VS2012... UGH.

I am going to continue to play with it. I am sure I am overlooking some detail thats causing it to go bad.
    Maybe you can contact them on FaceBook or Twitter and ask?
    when you quote a post could you please do it via the "Reply With Quote" button or if it multiple post click the "''+" button then "Reply With Quote" button.
    If this thread is finished with please mark it "Resolved" by selecting "Mark thread resolved" from the "Thread tools" drop-down menu.
    https://get.cryptobrowser.site/30/4111672

Hello to Everyone,

I am currently working on a home automation project with the Pi2. I have seen the blinky web server, and app2app and have been trying to come up with a way to adapt them to my tasks.

I would like to have the UI of my app run in a browser on a client machine, and connect to a Pi running a custom web service that is listening for the client. The server app will the have code to manipulate the GPIO on the Pi and turn things on and off.

I already have an app the runs ON the Pi via the App Manager doing the required tasks. I am sure it is not a big leap from there, to remotely running my app via a browser on a client machine, I just have done anything like this before. My strong suit is ADO/Vb.Net/WinForms desktop stuff.

Thanks,

Bob H