Thread: ICQ for Redhat?

denniswrenn

ICQ for Redhat?

Right now I'm using Redhat, and I can't find an ICQ client for it

There was one for SuSE, but I couldn't get it working with my aDSL connection.

Thanks,
    -Dennis

Jethro
    Dennis you never call anymore...what has happened...the menace is absent from many threads which need his sarcasm and input. You are slipping, improve your performance, or l'll have to come over there and whup your ass

denniswrenn
    Well, I've been really busy lately...... I'll try to come back here more often, but it probably won't be much though..

How have you been lately?

by the way, I'm not worrying about you kicking my ass as I know you wouldn't be cought dead in America

Jethro
    Actually was almost on my way to New York for a Sales presentation, but got caught up in re-writting one of our our packages so LA Dave and Phantomd made the trip. Am still looking for the news on mass riots, cats sleeping with dogs, and mayhem in the big Apple. They are over there for two weeks, bastardos. Still am hoping to make vbits conference later in year, but depends on how low the aussie dollar goes.

scoutt
    Dennis,

I have an ICQ for redhat, but I am not sure what the brand name is. let me get it out and see what it is. give me a few.

Scoutt

scoutt
    Well i thnk I found it but it is packaged in with Gnome. it is called Gnomeicu, I think it looks pretty much like Icq if I remember right, but without the bells and whistles. let me know if you have Gnome and I can send it to you if you want it. it is 561Kb

Scoutt

Use LICQ

I think What you are looking for is
    LICQ
    http://www.licq.org/

Licq is a multi-threaded ICQ clone written mostly in C++. It uses an extensive plugin system to manage many different functions. The main gui is written using the Qt widget set. Licq is distributed under GPL with some special QPL exceptions for Qt.
    Development is very ongoing, with new features and bugs fixed frequently, so updates are available often.
    No points for guessing what the L in LICQ stands for !

--
    If you can't beat your computer at chess, try kickboxing !!!
    [Download Tag Editing Tools.]