Thread: [RESOLVED] Any tools for setting print layout during design time?

Lively Member

Resolved [RESOLVED] Any tools for setting print layout during design time?

I have some variables I need to print. I have hard time setting x and y for the printer object. I need to set it during design time by dragging and creating positions for variables. Something like crystal reports but without any database binding etc. The paper might be pre printed or not. Help?

PowerPoster

Re: Any tools for setting print layout during design time?

Well you can use a report or you could use the x and y

I find that it is much easier to work with the x,y if you change the scale mode for the print.

For example when I needed to print invoices on a pre printed form I set the scale to inches and then used a ruler to measure the page and set the x,y values as needed, I also use an offset for top and left so the output can be tweaked to adjust for where the printer starts printing and put all the values in an INI file so that they could be changed if needed for a new form layout or whatever the case may be.

In my case I set the row for the first line, distance to next line, number of lines per page, position of each column, header and footer locations and so on as needed, really wasn't that hard once I started using inches for a scale, millimeters should work fine as well, maybe better as it is a bit more precise.
    Last edited by DataMiser; Oct 29th, 2013 at 01:29 AM.

Addicted Member

Re: Any tools for setting print layout during design time?

I think this should do what you need.

http://reportman.sourceforge.net/

HTH