Thread: [RESOLVED] Display font/font-size of TextBox different from property settings

Resolved [RESOLVED] Display font/font-size of TextBox different from property settings

Hello,

I experience the strange problem that, when running a userform (Excel VBA), I get a very small font when entering text in a TextBox. The font-size is so small that the entered text is unreadable.
    However, the property settings of this TextBox are set to a much larger font (Calibri, font-size 12). Also the font-settings of the form itself are set to Calibri, font-size 12.

I have no idea why the (very) small font-size is used and where it comes from, as I am not using this font/font-size anywhere else.

Does anybody have an idea what might be causing this issue?
    Last edited by beelener; Oct 21st, 2013 at 05:59 AM. Reason: Resolved

PowerPoster

Re: Display font/font-size of TextBox different from property settings

do you want to post a sample workbook that demonstrates the problem?
    i do my best to test code works before i post it, but sometimes am unable to do so for some reason, and usually say so if this is the case.
    Note code snippets posted are just that and do not include error handling that is required in real world applications, but avoid On Error Resume Next

dim all variables as required as often i have done so elsewhere in my code but only posted the relevant part

come back and mark your original post as resolved if your problem is fixed
    pete

Resolved [RESOLVED] Display font/font-size of TextBox different from property settings

Quote Originally Posted by westconn1 View Post
    do you want to post a sample workbook that demonstrates the problem?
    Thanks for the offer to take a look at it, but I finally managed to solve the problem by simply removing the textbox from the userform (after setting the font properties to the parent holder again) and re-creating a new textbox with the same name.
    Now the textbox (automatically?) is setup with the correct font-type and size and shows up correct now.

Thanks!.