Thread: Let's Build A Game

Lively Member

Lightbulb Let's Build A Game

Here's a link to the project and all the files. Please only attach your updated project files here, not everything else you get with this file: http://www.udontknowtech.com/game.zip

Add to, do not remove from, the original project. This is a group effort. Describe what you've changed and anything else you feel needs to be discussed. Even if it's just a small addition, all changes are welcome. Feel free to change the name of the new .zip file you upload, possibly putting your name in the filename. Don't complain or say how stupid someone else's update is. Just update it yourself and the group will choose which is best... sort of a natural selection. Just have fun with it. That's the point!

There are a lot of tiles in this .zip to help you along. Of course, we eventually will have to change those, but you can use these as a reference or even add your own. Let's see what happens.

Lively Member

Re: Let's Build A Game

Then suggest one instead of being pedantic.

PowerPoster

Games and Graphics Programming Forum might be a good place.

Anything I post is an example only and is not intended to be the only solution, the total solution nor the final solution to your request nor do I claim that it is. If you find it useful then it is entirely up to you to make whatever changes necessary you feel are adequate for your purposes.

PowerPoster

Project Requests and /or Project Communication Area

PowerPoster

Well, my last word on the subject:

It's not pedantic to expect Posters here to read the descriptions of the Forums. For VB6 it's "This forum is for all your Visual Basic (versions 3, 4, 5, & 6) coding questions that do not fit into one of the more specific forums below."

Note the use of the word 'questions' and the phrase 'does not fit into one of the more specific forums below'. I didn't notice any form of question in the original post.
    Add the two together and it's fairly obvious that the original post does not belong here.

A simple response to Rhino of: "Oh, sorry where should I post it ?" would have been sufficient and would have saved getting the backs up of people who are here to really help.

Addicted Member

hi. just joined. like games. clicked post. didnt get a very good first impression of the community here. see the word 'pedantic' a lot. can also mean "fussy". quite a few bullies. may find a better forum elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Conroy Vanderbluff View Post
    hi. just joined. like games. clicked post. didnt get a very good first impression of the community here. see the word 'pedantic' a lot. can also mean "fussy". quite a few bullies. may find a better forum elsewhere.
    It depends on the context, but I see your point. You should know that you will not find a better forum than this, as everyone here ( except for me ) helping really knows so much and have so much good knowledge to share. I have learnt from them a lot
    VB.NET MVP 2008 - Present

Quote Originally Posted by HanneSThEGreaT View Post
    It depends on the context, but I see your point. You should know that you will not find a better forum than this, as everyone here ( except for me ) helping really knows so much and have so much good knowledge to share. I have learnt from them a lot
    He's right and I personally should have kept my hands in my pocket. This is a great site and this type of thread rarely gets out of control. Maybe a moderator will trim the fat off. Hang around and give us another shot please!

I'm about to be a PowerPoster! Joacim Andersson's Avatar

Thread moved to the Project Request forum and cleaned up of intolerant replies. Please try to be civil.