I am upgrading a program for my job which is written in VB6. Today, I was updating one of the controls that the program uses called granBEC.ocx (only changed one line). I registered the ocx and made sure my program was using the right version in the project components, then I re-compiled the program executable.

Now when I install the program, I get an error saying:

Code:
Error #347: Failed to activate control "VB.UserControl". This control may be incompatible with your application
I did a search for 'UserControl' in the controls folder of the program, and found a folder called 'UserControl V1.3', which contains a .ctl file called 'WinsockArray.ctl'. I have discovered that the .ctl file uses MSWINSCK.OCX.

It kind of makes sense that the issue would be related to MSWINSCK.OCX, because I know granBEC.ocx does a lot of database operations which I believe use socket connections (sorry if that doesn't make sense, I don't know much about database connections or sockets, just trying to provide as much info as possible).

I've tried re-registering mswinsck.ocx in my system32 folder and I've made sure that my program is pointing to the correct 'Microsoft Winsock Control 6.0' in the project components list.

I'm not sure what to do at this point, any help would be greatly appreciated!