Thread: Your First Game...

Banned

Your First Game...

Hello Members...
    Which is your first game you ever played on your PC ???
    My first game is Counter Strike and Cricket 2007...
    Which is yours....

I'm about to be a PowerPoster! Hack's Avatar

Re: Your First Game...

Moved to Chit Chat

An obscure body in the SK system. The inhabitants call it Earth

If I remember right it was lemmings... but not the lemmings that you're probably thinking about. Mine was on a ZX Spectrum back in the eighties and lemmings was a game I'd copied out of one of the computing magazines you could buy back then. You controlled a little man at the bottom of a cliff and you had to dodge the lemmings that came tumbling toward you. It was quite good fun at the time but I doubt it would still look good now
    The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter - Winston Churchill

Hadoop actually sounds more like the way they greet each other in Yorkshire - Inferrd

First PC game I played was a text-based Star Trek game. I don't remember the name of it.

First game on a computer was a version of Missile Command for the TRS-80 in 1982 or so. The twist was you had to defend US cities against ICBMs the Soviets were shooting over the north pole. Even had the BASIC source code and modifying the game was my first experience at writing code.

First console game I played was THE first console game - Pong. Yeah, I'm old.
    "Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. Pain is temporary. Glory is forever." - Robert Craig "Evel" Knievel
    “Leave me alone, I know what I’m doing.” - Kimi Raikkonen

An obscure body in the SK system. The inhabitants call it Earth

Wow, I forgot to even consider consoles. Yeah, Pong for me too.
    The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter - Winston Churchill

Hadoop actually sounds more like the way they greet each other in Yorkshire - Inferrd

PowerPoster

Mine was probably a "Lunar Lander" game on an IBM 1620 Model I Level D, one of the earliest "personal computers" sold.

Progress printed line by line on the console typewriter, you controlled your thrusters via the 4 sense switches on the main panel.

Does the Amiga 500 count?

If thats true, I'll count the first 3 games I've played since we got em all the same day we got the Amiga. Arkanoid, The Way of the Little Dragon (which is a Bruce Lee fighting game), and Persecutors. This was back in 1987 when I was 6 years old. And the graphics, sound, and music blew me away since it was way ahead of time. Here are some screen shots:

It wasn't long before we got Bubble Ghost though

The first console game I played was probably the first electronic game I played, and it was Pong.

The next computer game I played was probably Adventure on a DEC mainframe at my father's office, though it may have been Hunt the Wumpus.

We then got a computer, and I played some of the TRS-80 games, but I forget whether that was next or not.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

Remember these?

Attachment 101983

I'm guessing 1977 or so? I wasted many hours with just a couple of dozen dots on a screen.
    "Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. Pain is temporary. Glory is forever." - Robert Craig "Evel" Knievel
    “Leave me alone, I know what I’m doing.” - Kimi Raikkonen

I had one, though it was football. It was even more crazy to try to figure out the significance of your actions when there were 22 dots on the board. The sound was interesting, too.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing