Thread: Customizing a Radio Button

Customizing a Radio Button

Hi if I change the appearance property of a radio button(option button) to Button it allows me to change the standard icon to a square.
    does anyone have a layout/guide to help configuring this control. As its a very useful control but the standard bullet in a ring icon is small and not good for visually impaired persons.

Thanks in advance

Re: Customizing a Radio Button

What do you want to do? In the button form you have all the usual button customisation options automatically (images, font, text colour and so on). What else do you need?
    As the 6-dimensional mathematics professor said to the brain surgeon, "It ain't Rocket Science!"

Reviews: "dunfiddlin likes his DataTables" - jmcilhinney

Please be aware that whilst I will read private messages (one day!) I am unlikely to reply to anything that does not contain offers of cash, fame or marriage!

You can create your own radiobutton control using GDI. A square typically represents a checkbox however, and it's function is much different than a radiobutton.
    <<<------------
    Improving Managed Code Performance | .NET Application Performance
    < Please if this helped you out. Any kind of thanks is gladly appreciated >

.NET Programming (2012 - 2018)
    ®Crestron - DMC-T Certified Programmer | Software Developer
    <<<------------

OP means this (Appearance = Button)

Name:  a.png
Views: 2201
Size:  11.4 KB
    As the 6-dimensional mathematics professor said to the brain surgeon, "It ain't Rocket Science!"

Please be aware that whilst I will read private messages (one day!) I am unlikely to reply to anything that does not contain offers of cash, fame or marriage!

I created a button with a state a while back.. Code is in this thread: http://tech.reboot.pro/showthread.php?tid=3913. Actually it duals as a regular button and a state button.

Unless you just want a plain button like in the image dunfiddlin posted above?
    Last edited by AceInfinity; Jun 5th, 2013 at 09:01 PM.
    <<<------------
    Improving Managed Code Performance | .NET Application Performance
    < Please if this helped you out. Any kind of thanks is gladly appreciated >

.NET Programming (2012 - 2018)
    ®Crestron - DMC-T Certified Programmer | Software Developer
    <<<------------

No, actually I wanted to know if there is a guide to adjusting the radio button properties and adding your own images. Unfortunately I need to complete the program, and don't have the time to play with it.
    Name:  example.gif
Views: 2461
Size:  10.3 KB

However the above will be good enough for this assignment for completion.

I guess playing with the control is the way forward, but any tips that you can give would be greatly appreciated

Andrew

ps love the glow button
    Last edited by andrew69; Jun 6th, 2013 at 11:51 AM.

Play is always the way but there's no great arcane mystery to it. The radio button has an Image property. Select this at design time and click on the ... button and add an image (supports all the usual formats including ... what fun! ... animated gifs!) Alternatively you can add an ImageListt to the project (in the toolbox under Components) and select an image from that by index or name (very handy for rapid changes of image according to state).