Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: VB6 - DirectShow WebCam Minimal Code

PowerPoster

Re: VB6 - DirectShow WebCam Minimal Code

I'm not sure what to suggest.

That's about a 6 year old Project I haven't looked at in a while. However when I ran it just now on Windows 10 it is working fine for me.

So I doubt it has anything to do with Windows 10. More likely there is something else going on, like some issue with your webcam(s).

You probably need different FILTERLIST and CONNECTIONLIST values. That sort of thing can take some effort to work out and you'd probably need to use the graphedt.exe tool from the Windows SDK.

I have some later code that tries to take another approach instead of using hard-coded lists but I don't think I ever got it refined to the point where it made sense to post it.

Question Re: VB6 - DirectShow WebCam Minimal Code

Thanks for your reply. Actually, I've a working code for target tracking. But works on the basis of copying data to clipboard and then pasting it into a picture. That works fine for target tracking for a single camera. But in my latest project, I'm trying to do depth estimation using two cameras and that's when I found that my code won't work for two cameras simultaneously. I wonder if you could modify your code a bit to make an ocx with two images from two cameras as output, the image processing and tracking plus depth estimation, I'll be able to do that at my own.

P.S: You seem to be a vivid vb developer. Can you please advise me on a problem which I face on Windows 10. In XP, while developing active x controls, I used to get the preview window in IE but it doesn't work anymore in Windows10. It just gives an option to enable content and then nothing happens.

PowerPoster

I suggest you ask this in a new thread in the VB6 and Earlier forum.

I haven't played with IE-hosted controls in a very long time, but others may have.

Quote Originally Posted by dilettante View Post
    This can make selecting the webcam to use difficult to impractical. And using more than one webcam at a time doesn't seem possible.
    I understand that it is a pretty old thread. But, I am posting it here for the help of anyone who might want to have two webcams simultaneously in their VB6 code without directshow. So, here is an MWE (Minimal Working Example) with attached files as code. Just make sure to choose the cam which is not being shown by default in the dialog which appears or it will start showing the same cam in both windows.

MWE 2 cams.zip

Hola chicos vereis se que este poss es ya antiguo pero quiero utilizar la cam y pasa lo siguiente ,en windows 8.1 a 64 bit pongo algunos codigos de cam y resulta que sucede lo siguiente ,, solo me funcionan una vez y luego me tiran a la configuracion de la camara ya dejando de funcionar sin embargo en windows 7 32 bit si funciona ... alguna solucion .. y otra pregunta hay algun codigo o modulo para cam que no de problemas para windows 8.1 64 bit muchas gracias ....

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234