Thread: Macro Button To Distribute Data Dynamically

Macro Button To Distribute Data Dynamically

Hey guys I'm trying to figure out how to write a macro that will take the information of a column and distribute it throughout multiple worksheets. I'm trying to get the data in cell I6 of my summary sheet into cell B51 of the following sheet, and then I7 of the summary sheet into B51 of the sheet following that and so on. I honestly don't know where to start as I am almost completely new to VBA (most of my programming background is in HTML) so any help would be great! I've already got a variable that defines all of the worksheet names called 'shtName' if that helps at all.

Re: Macro Button To Distribute Data Dynamically

sometimes the quickest way is to record a macro, perform the actions (or part of the actions) yourself by hand... stop the macro, then look at the code in the macro... it should show you what you need, from there it's just a matter of simply modifying that code to finish it off.

-tg
    * I don't respond to private (PM) requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.*
    * I also don't respond to friend requests. Save a few bits and don't bother. I'll just end up rejecting anyways.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF - Removing eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to??? *

Re: Macro Button To Distribute Data Dynamically

I appreciate the advice. I tried it but as far as I can tell the code you get from doing that is no more dynamic than just going through each worksheet and linking the cells (which is what I'm trying to avoid doing).