Thread: [RESOLVED] DLL Injection [DLLMain in VB6] Help with .DEF File [HELP!]

Resolved [RESOLVED] DLL Injection [DLLMain in VB6] Help with .DEF File [HELP!]

Hello guys!

I need some help in here, actually i need any help you could give me.

The thing is, I do know how to make an attached dll made in c++ startup, but in vb 6 I don't.

The only thing I know is that i need to create a file (that I DON'T EVEN KNOW HOW SHOULD BE NAMED) with the extension ".def".
    It should hold some configurations about the linker and stuff...

One of that stuff is the "Exports" properties. There i should put the "DLLMain" function declared in my dll and then the magic will happen.
    At list, thats what people say in some forums...

Basically i need to know how to create an injectable Dll, the porpouse is to run it in mine "Lost Source Code" .exe. I added a new window that do some cool stuff that i wanted to be shown there.

Any tip of the name? content? anithing?

And sorry for the POOR ENGLISH!

Thanks in advance.
    Did you like?
    Rate it!
    by SHB

Re: DLL Injection [DLLMain in VB6] Help with .DEF File [HELP!]

a .DEF file is simply a file you use for the compiler to export unmangled names. Without it functions are exported from C++ DLLs with their names mangled. I.e. It adds numbers and non-alphanumeric characters. You may name the .DEF file anything you want so long as it has an "EXPORTS" header and the .DEF extension.
    Treeview with NodeAdded/NodesRemoved events | BlinkLabel control | Calculate Permutations | Object Enums | ComboBox with centered items | .Net Internals article(not mine) | Wizard Control | Understanding Multi-Threading | Simple file compression | Demon Arena

Copy/move files using Windows Shell | I'm not wanted

C++ programmers will dismiss you as a cretinous simpleton for your inability to keep track of pointers chained 6 levels deep and Java programmers will pillory you for buying into the evils of Microsoft. Meanwhile C# programmers will get paid just a little bit more than you for writing exactly the same code and VB6 programmers will continue to whitter on about "footprints". - FunkyDexter

There's just no reason to use garbage like InputBox. - jmcilhinney

The threads I start are Niya and Olaf free zones. No arguing about the benefits of VB6 over .NET here please. Happiness must reign. - yereverluvinuncleber

THANKS MAN! Helped a lot!

I'll try it out.
    Did you like?
    Rate it!
    by SHB

I am tring the following

"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VB98\VB6.EXE" /make "C:\Users\myuser\Desktop\manager\Project1.vbp" /D DEF="C:\Users\myuser\Desktop\manager\Config.DEF"

But still does not work.

What am I doing wrong?

Any help would be GREATE!
    Did you like?
    Rate it!
    by SHB

A DEF file is used by the VS C++ compiler not the VB6 compiler.
    Treeview with NodeAdded/NodesRemoved events | BlinkLabel control | Calculate Permutations | Object Enums | ComboBox with centered items | .Net Internals article(not mine) | Wizard Control | Understanding Multi-Threading | Simple file compression | Demon Arena

Copy/move files using Windows Shell | I'm not wanted

C++ programmers will dismiss you as a cretinous simpleton for your inability to keep track of pointers chained 6 levels deep and Java programmers will pillory you for buying into the evils of Microsoft. Meanwhile C# programmers will get paid just a little bit more than you for writing exactly the same code and VB6 programmers will continue to whitter on about "footprints". - FunkyDexter

There's just no reason to use garbage like InputBox. - jmcilhinney

The threads I start are Niya and Olaf free zones. No arguing about the benefits of VB6 over .NET here please. Happiness must reign. - yereverluvinuncleber

Quote Originally Posted by Niya View Post
    A DEF file is used by the VS C++ compiler not the VB6 compiler.
    Oh!
    Question Answerd!

Thanks at all.
    Did you like?
    Rate it!
    by SHB

Quote Originally Posted by henriqueshb View Post
    Oh!
    Question Answerd!

Thanks at all.
    I just ran across this VERY excellent code that WILL allow you to create a STANDARD .DLL using VB6!

http://planet-source-code.com/vb/scr...54190&lngWId=1

I followed the step-by-step instructions (created VB6 Add-In), and copied files to make a "Standard DLL" project template.

Works perfectly (and it's FREE)!