Page 86 of 94 FirstFirst ... 367683848586878889 ... LastLast
Results 3,401 to 3,440 of 3726

Thread: CommonControls (Replacement of the MS common controls)

PowerPoster

Re: CommonControls (Replacement of the MS common controls)

Quote Originally Posted by chosk View Post
    Hi Krool,

I have been away from programming for a few years and am now back. First thing I look at is your controls and of course download the latest version. I have two computers Win 10 Pro 21H2 and since I am having this problem on only one, I know the problem is at my end. I have try for a few days but no luck so maybe I try asking here.

I am getting this error (screenshot) when I tried to open any of the Forms in the Std-Exe demo. Also has this error when I try to run the demo. Any idea where I should be looking?

Thank you.
    Just replace the OLEGuids.tlb with the latest version to your syswow64 folder.

Hyperactive Member

Quote Originally Posted by Krool View Post
    Just replace the OLEGuids.tlb with the latest version to your syswow64 folder.
    Super. This fix it.

Thank you.

Addicted Member

Hi Krool,

I'm using the ListView in Report-mode with a relatively high icon, which would allow at least 3 lines for the label. However, even when I set LabelWrap to True, the label is displayed on one line, centered in the middle of the icon, and is cut off when it's too long for the available space.

Am I missing something, or is what I'm looking for simply not possible?

Thanks,
    Erwin

PowerPoster

Quote Originally Posted by Erwin69 View Post
    Hi Krool,

I'm using the ListView in Report-mode with a relatively high icon, which would allow at least 3 lines for the label. However, even when I set LabelWrap to True, the label is displayed on one line, centered in the middle of the icon, and is cut off when it's too long for the available space.

Am I missing something, or is what I'm looking for simply not possible?

Thanks,
    Erwin
    No, the ListView is "SingleLine" in report-mode.
    The only way is the tile view mode where the sub-items are each separate lines. But it's similar to icon view.. so no report-mode style.

Addicted Member

Quote Originally Posted by softv View Post
    Dear Krool,

Warm Greetings! Happy to be writing to you again, after quite some period of time, and getting the opportunity thus to thank you once again, profoundly, for your monumental efforts.

In this post, I have attached a small project, a test app ("1. Scrollbar issues in Richtextbox.zip") to highlight two issues with scrollbars which I encountered while using the RichTextBox control.

A screenshot of the test app below, just after starting it.
    Attachment 185088

A screenshot of the test app below, after clicking the two buttons in it, one after the other.
    Attachment 185089

Note-1: Please do read the comments in my code, wherever they appear. Those comments are very important, as far as this 'test app' is concerned.

Note-2
    : The scrollbars do reappear correctly in rtb1 and rtb2 once I start scrolling the texts in them.

Note-3: In case the scrollbars do appear correctly only, at your end, always, then kindly bear with me and kindly let me know what could be the mistake I am doing at my end which makes the scrollbars disappear or get painted incompletely.

Note-4:
    My vb6 IDE is themed. My OS is Windows10, 64-bit. Screen resolution is 1920*1080. Under 'Scale and Layout' in Display settings, it shows '100% (Recommended)'.

Note-5: If the above-explained issues do occur at your end too, but if they are not due to your control, then kindly let me know as to what I should do further. As of now, my own workarounds which I have mentioned (in the test app) do help solve the scrollbar issues in my projects. But then, for each RichTextBox, I need to necessarily have these workarounds.

Note-6: This is the 2nd time ever (and the first time ever, in this thread) that I am posting a project. So, if any mistake on my part in the way I have presented my project, kindly bear with me.

Kind regards.
    Any solution/suggestions, for the above two issues, Krool?

Just a gentle reminder only, Krool. Otherwise, I do understand your time constraints.

Kind Regards.

PowerPoster

softv, thranks for bringing this up again.
    Should be fixed now.

Hello!
    As a late reply to my post #3393 (right margin in richtext) I want to share my solution for that issue with the forum.
    As mentioned earlier, the right margin in the microsoft control behaves different from the right margin in the replacement control.
    Here is my solution
    Code:
    nHdc = CreateDC("Display", "", 0, 0)
    SendMessage hwnd, EM_SETTARGETDEVICE, nHdc, ByVal mnRightMargin - LeftMargin
    DeleteDC nHdc
    Maybe the lines can be placed in then source of the control; I put them in my advanced usercontrol in my RightMargin Property.

Krool, if this was your intention when you mentioned the printer margin output - I got you wrong, sorry.

Anyway, I now can take full advantage of the improved control in my app.
    Thanks and bye for now

Hi Krool and thanks for your project!

I have developed for year an editing program for decoder channel list and used listview to show all data like channel, transponder, etc, i've implemented a OLE drag and drop for all listview to order manually the items and it works without no problem, setting OLEDragMode as vbOLEDragAutomatic and OLEDropMode as vbOLEDropManual. Event OLEDragDrop are raised and in OLEDragOver I can select the item over the mouse cursor. A strange problem appear when I substituted the ListView with your, version 1.7.37, using ocx control for IDE on Win 10 64. When i drag an item over the same control the cursor change do deny, Effect in OLEDragOver remain at 0 and the event OLEDragDrop are not raised, but this appens only when the property View is List or Report. I've tried to change the setting in controls demo in all mode possible but the problems remain, the correct behaviour happens only when drag an item from another control. In ListBox and TreeView instead all works properly. It's not possible with ListView to dragdrop an item in the same control when is in list or report mode? I hope that is a simple problem to solve and wait for your replay.

Thank you.

Addicted Member

softv, thranks for bringing this up again.
    Should be fixed now.
    Thanks a LOT, as always, for the update, dear Krool.

Kind Regards.

PowerPoster

Quote Originally Posted by cecelife View Post
    I have developed for year an editing program for decoder channel list and used listview to show all data like channel, transponder, etc, i've implemented a OLE drag and drop for all listview to order manually the items and it works without no problem, setting OLEDragMode as vbOLEDragAutomatic and OLEDropMode as vbOLEDropManual. Event OLEDragDrop are raised and in OLEDragOver I can select the item over the mouse cursor. A strange problem appear when I substituted the ListView with your, version 1.7.37, using ocx control for IDE on Win 10 64. When i drag an item over the same control the cursor change do deny, Effect in OLEDragOver remain at 0 and the event OLEDragDrop are not raised, but this appens only when the property View is List or Report. I've tried to change the setting in controls demo in all mode possible but the problems remain, the correct behaviour happens only when drag an item from another control. In ListBox and TreeView instead all works properly. It's not possible with ListView to dragdrop an item in the same control when is in list or report mode? I hope that is a simple problem to solve and wait for your replay.
    Thanks. Should be fixed now.

Quote Originally Posted by Seniorchef View Post
    Hello!
    As a late reply to my post #3393 (right margin in richtext) I want to share my solution for that issue with the forum.
    As mentioned earlier, the right margin in the microsoft control behaves different from the right margin in the replacement control.
    Here is my solution
    Code:
    nHdc = CreateDC("Display", "", 0, 0)
    SendMessage hwnd, EM_SETTARGETDEVICE, nHdc, ByVal mnRightMargin - LeftMargin
    DeleteDC nHdc
    Maybe the lines can be placed in then source of the control; I put them in my advanced usercontrol in my RightMargin Property.

Krool, if this was your intention when you mentioned the printer margin output - I got you wrong, sorry.
    Ok, but EM_SETTARGETDEVICE should'nt be for margins at all. Why are you passing the margin at lParam ? It's suppossed to be a line width...
    Last edited by Krool; Jun 27th, 2022 at 08:09 AM.

So that's what I understood from MS's documentation here https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/win...ettargetdevice. The linewidth is the width between left and right margin. When the left margion is 0 that makes the right margin the linewidth.
    The code in my snippet sets the linewidth and all text in the control is wrapped at that mark, like in the MS control in my sample.
    Greetings

PowerPoster

So that's what I understood from MS's documentation here https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/win...ettargetdevice. The linewidth is the width between left and right margin. When the left margion is 0 that makes the right margin the linewidth.
    The code in my snippet sets the linewidth and all text in the control is wrapped at that mark, like in the MS control in my sample.
    Greetings
    You seem right. The MS RichTextBox doesn't use EM_SETMARGINS, it only uses EM_SETTARGETDEVICE.
    So, how shall we proceed?

My proposal would be to keep using EM_SETMARGINS and just call EM_SETTARGETDEVICE and each change of either left or right margin property.
    The LineWidth is correctly the RightMargin minus LeftMargin (in Twips always)

Also
    Code:
    CreateDC(TEXT("DISPLAY"),NULL,NULL,NULL)
    seems to be the correct usage. So it also works on multiple monitors.

EDIT: If RightMargin minus LeftMargin results in 0 then the wParam (hDC) is also 0.

EDIT2: The MS RichTextBox doesn't have a LeftMargin. (only RightMargin) so a negative LineWidth never applies. Can you test if a negative LineWidth works ? E.g. RightMargin set to 0 and LeftMargin set to something menaingful.
    Thanks
    Last edited by Krool; Jun 28th, 2022 at 01:42 AM.

I'm busy this morning, but give a sample later this day...
    My line with createDC() works on my PC with five monitors, but nevertheless yours works too. Depends prob. on the declaration (which I forgot to copy).
    Greetings

Here some information:
    It's true, the MS control has no left margin; this is one reason why I prefer your control.
    A negative LineWidth is same like a LineWidth of 0 which cancels the WYSIWYG and makes the text wrap to the right window border.
    Code:
    'Create a new project
    'Add a form
    'Add the VBCCR17.OCX
    'Paste this code to the form

Option Explicit

Private Declare Function CreateDC Lib "gdi32" Alias "CreateDCA" (ByVal lpDriverName As String, ByVal lpDeviceName As String, ByVal lpOutput As Long, ByVal lpInitData As Long) As Long
    Private Declare Function DeleteDC Lib "gdi32" (ByVal hdc As Long) As Long
    Private Declare Function SendMessage Lib "user32" Alias "SendMessageA" (ByVal hwnd As Long, ByVal wMsg As Long, ByVal wParam As Long, ByRef lParam As Any) As Long

Const WM_USER = &H400
    Const EM_SETTARGETDEVICE = (WM_USER + 72)

Dim mnRightMargin&

Private Sub Form_Load()
       appLeftMargin = 500     'twips
       appRightMargin = 5000   'twips
       'Paste text from the clipboard to the control to make the margins usefull...
       'Resize the form to see the behavior of the control and the margins

End Sub

Private Sub Form_Resize()
       If ScaleHeight > 60 And ScaleWidth > 60 Then
          rtf.Move 30, 30, ScaleWidth - 60, ScaleHeight - 60
       End If
    End Sub

Property Let appLeftMargin(ByVal nNewValue As Long)
    On Error Resume Next
    Dim nHdc&

'anything to do...
       If rtf.LeftMargin <> nNewValue Then
          'set VBCCR-control new LeftValue
          rtf.LeftMargin = nNewValue
          'check rightmargin...
          If mnRightMargin > nNewValue Then
             nHdc = CreateDC("Display", "", 0&, 0&)
             'set the linewidth according the margins, make WYSIWYG
             SendMessage rtf.hwnd, EM_SETTARGETDEVICE, nHdc, ByVal mnRightMargin - nNewValue
             'clean up
             DeleteDC nHdc
          End If
       End If
    End Property

Property Let appRightMargin(ByVal nNewValue As Long)
    Dim nHdc As Long
    Dim nLeftMargin&

'anything to do...
       If nNewValue <> mnRightMargin Then
          nLeftMargin = rtf.LeftMargin
          'illegal RightMargin set to 0
          'take the WYSIWYG from Control...
          Select Case nNewValue
           Case Is <= nLeftMargin
             'cache RightMargin
             mnRightMargin = 0
             'reset the controls rightmargin property ...
             rtf.RightMargin = 0
             'make the VBCCR-Control wrap to window
             SendMessage rtf.hwnd, EM_SETTARGETDEVICE, 0&, 0&

'set RightMargin
          Case Else
             'cache RightMargin
             mnRightMargin = nNewValue
             'make control WYSIWYG
             nHdc = CreateDC("Display", "", 0&, 0&)
             'set the linewidth according the margins, make WYSIWYG
             SendMessage rtf.hwnd, EM_SETTARGETDEVICE, nHdc, ByVal mnRightMargin - nLeftMargin
             'clean up
             DeleteDC nHdc
          End Select
       End If
    End Property
    So in my opinion leave the handling of the margins as they are. The handling of the LineWidth should be done by the calling app, even more because there is no right and left margin stored in a richtext. It should be up to the app to set and handle them.

Greetings

Thinking about it, there could be a more elegant solution:
    A RightMargin greater than the LeftMargin sets the LineWidth to RightMargin minus LeftMargin.
    A RightMargin of zero or negative (or smaller than LeftMargin) sets the RightMargin to that (positive) value and cancels the LineWidth.
    This is more or less the essence of my sample above but it also breaks the compatibility of the RightMargin Property, because negative values are legit.

Code:
    LeftMargin=0: RightMargin=-100     'RightMargin=100 twips from the right border of the control
    LeftMargin=0: RightMargin=5000     'LineWidth=5000 twips
    LefMargin=100: RightMargin=2400    'LineWidth=2300 twips
    LeftMargin=500: RightMargin=75      'LineWidth=0, RightMargin=75 twips from right border
    Greetings

I also implemented the event RulerScroll to my code. The Event is used to move a ruler according to the position of the scrollbars of the control. I'm using the "VBAccelerator Subclassing adn Timer Assistent" for subclassing, so the snippets are

Code:
    'start Subclassing
    SSubTimer6.AttachMessage Me, rtf.hWndUserControl, WM_COMMAND
    and in the queue

Code:
    Dim ScrollPos As POINTAPI
    Dim X&, Y&

'Subclassing ...
       If iMsg = WM_COMMAND Then
           '
          Select Case Int(wParam \ &H10000)

Case EN_UPDATE
                SendMessage rtf.hwnd, EM_GETSCROLLPOS, 0, ScrollPos
                X = (ScrollPos.X * Screen.TwipsPerPixelX)
                Y = (ScrollPos.Y * Screen.TwipsPerPixelY)
                RaiseEvent RulerScroll(X, Y)
    The name of the event "RulerScroll" is arbitrary. I use it to scroll a ruler above the text to show the caret's position and for tabs and borders.

Greetings

PowerPoster

Hello Krool, I found an issue when an UserControl that is ControlContainer is holding a LabelW inside.
    The OleDropMode can't be changed to manual, it raises an error.

Attached is a test project.
    Attached Files Attached Files

PowerPoster

Quote Originally Posted by Eduardo- View Post
    Hello Krool, I found an issue when an UserControl that is ControlContainer is holding a LabelW inside.
    The OleDropMode can't be changed to manual, it raises an error.

Attached is a test project.
    That's a VB6 bug. See below workaround I use for FrameW:

Code:
    Public Property Get OLEDropMode() As OLEDropModeConstants
    Attribute OLEDropMode.VB_Description = "Returns/Sets whether this object can act as an OLE drop target."
    OLEDropMode = UserControl.OLEDropMode
    End Property

Public Property Let OLEDropMode(ByVal Value As OLEDropModeConstants)
    ' Setting OLEDropMode to OLEDropModeManual will fail when windowless controls are contained in the user control.
    Const DRAGDROP_E_ALREADYREGISTERED As Long = &H80040101
    Select Case Value
        Case OLEDropModeNone, OLEDropModeManual
            On Error Resume Next
            UserControl.OLEDropMode = Value
            If Err.Number = DRAGDROP_E_ALREADYREGISTERED Then
                RevokeDragDrop UserControl.hWnd
                UserControl.OLEDropMode = Value
            End If
            On Error GoTo 0
        Case Else
            Err.Raise 380
    End Select
    UserControl.PropertyChanged "OLEDropMode"
    End Property

PowerPoster

Thank you!

Addicted Member

Hi Krool,

I noticed an area my having slowed down significantly after implementing the CCR statusbar. I investigated this by simply updating two panels 10.000 times to an empty string.

Code:
    brStatusBar.Panels(2).Text = ""
    brStatusBar.Panels(3).Text = ""
    Using the original statusbar this took 32 milliseconds. Using the CCR statusbar it took 2505 seconds!

Is this simply the result / consequence of Unicode support, or am I doing something wrong?

Regards,
    Erwin

PowerPoster

Hi Krool,

I noticed an area my having slowed down significantly after implementing the CCR statusbar. I investigated this by simply updating two panels 10.000 times to an empty string.

Code:
    brStatusBar.Panels(2).Text = ""
    brStatusBar.Panels(3).Text = ""
    Using the original statusbar this took 32 milliseconds. Using the CCR statusbar it took 2505 seconds!

Is this simply the result / consequence of Unicode support, or am I doing something wrong?

Regards,
    Erwin
    Thanks.
    2505 seconds or milliseconds ?

Addicted Member

Thanks.
    2505 seconds or milliseconds ?
    Sorry, 2505 milliseconds. Otherwise there would have been another problem...

PowerPoster

@Erwin69,
    Do you set 10000 times the exact same text ?
    Because setting each time a different text the performance of the MS StatusBar is as bad as well. However, if old and new text is equal I can of course make an improvement, if necessary.

Because changing a text the refresh is "immediately". So in below example you can look how it increments. I did the "same" in VBCCR.
    Code:
    Dim T As Single
    T = Timer
    Dim i As Long
    For i = 1 To 10000
        StatusBar1.Panels(1).Text = "test" & i
    Next i
    Debug.Print Timer - T

Addicted Member

Hi Krool,

I notice the slowness with different values as well. I was indeed assigning the same value many times.

As background info: in this particular case, I'm updating the statusbar as part of the mouse move, so that the user knows which object the cursor is over. For that the code cycles through several collections, some of which can have over 1000 items, and evaluates the coordinates of the item vs the mouse position. If the item being evaluated is not under the cursor, I set the two panels to "", so assigning the same value many times.

I've now fixed it by first checking the value of one panel, and only updating it when it's not "".

Regards,
    Erwin

Erwin69, you should only assign a value when it has changed, meaning when it is different from the value already in the panel.
    Greetings
    Seniorchef

Addicted Member

Erwin69, you should only assign a value when it has changed, meaning when it is different from the value already in the panel.
    Greetings
    Seniorchef
    Well, that's what I described in my previous post as the fix. Point is that with the standard status bar there was no delay when assigning the same value that the panel already had. Maybe MS optimized that by only refreshing the control if the value has changed. I thought it wise to share this info with Krool and the community.

PowerPoster

Well, that's what I described in my previous post as the fix. Point is that with the standard status bar there was no delay when assigning the same value that the panel already had. Maybe MS optimized that by only refreshing the control if the value has changed. I thought it wise to share this info with Krool and the community.
    Yes thanks. Noted.
    I think it's worth to get fixed soon as well.

PowerPoster

I notice the slowness with different values as well. I was indeed assigning the same value many times.
    I fixed the property now in the StatusBar control. (Exit Property if new value equals old value)

Fanatic Member

ProgressBar/StatusBar problems

A MDI form has a StatusBar.
    On the first panel it shall show a ProgressBar on demand.
    After progress is finished, the ProgressBar shall hide.

a)
    ProgressBar.Visible has no effect.

b)
    The StatusBar font size can't be changed.

---

Not sure it is a VBCCR problem.
    But perhaps in VBCCR there are other means to solve the 2 'problems'?

Code:
    VERSION 5.00
    Object = "{7020C36F-09FC-41FE-B822-CDE6FBB321EB}#1.2#0"; "VBCCR17.OCX"
    Begin VB.MDIForm MDIForm1 
       BackColor       =   &H8000000C&
       Caption         =   "MDIForm1"
       ClientHeight    =   3975
       ClientLeft      =   120
       ClientTop       =   465
       ClientWidth     =   7740
       LinkTopic       =   "MDIForm1"
       StartUpPosition =   2  'CenterScreen
       Begin VBCCR17.StatusBar StatusBar1 
          Align           =   2  'Align Bottom
          Height          =   495
          Left            =   0
          Top             =   3480
          Width           =   7740
          _ExtentX        =   13653
          _ExtentY        =   873
          BeginProperty Font {0BE35203-8F91-11CE-9DE3-00AA004BB851} 
             Name            =   "Segoe UI"
             Size            =   8.25
             Charset         =   0
             Weight          =   400
             Underline       =   0   'False
             Italic          =   0   'False
             Strikethrough   =   0   'False
          EndProperty
          AllowSizeGrip   =   0   'False
          InitPanels      =   "MDIForm1.frx":0000
       End
       Begin VB.PictureBox Picture1 
          Align           =   1  'Align Top
          BeginProperty Font 
             Size            =   9.75
             Charset         =   0
             Weight          =   400
          EndProperty
          Height          =   1095
          Left            =   0
          ScaleHeight     =   1035
          ScaleWidth      =   7680
          TabIndex        =   0
          TabStop         =   0   'False
          Top             =   0
          Visible         =   0   'False
          Width           =   7740
          Begin VBCCR17.ProgressBar ProgressBar1 
             Height          =   615
             Left            =   240
             Top             =   120
             Width           =   3780
             _ExtentX        =   6668
             _ExtentY        =   1085
                Size            =   9.75
                Charset         =   0
                Weight          =   400
             EndProperty
             Step            =   10
          End
       End
       Begin VB.Timer Timer1 
          Enabled         =   0   'False
          Interval        =   1
          Left            =   840
          Top             =   1440
       End
    End
    Attribute VB_Name = "MDIForm1"
    Attribute VB_GlobalNameSpace = False
    Attribute VB_Creatable = False
    Attribute VB_PredeclaredId = True
    Attribute VB_Exposed = False
    Option Explicit

Private Declare Function SetParent _
                    Lib "user32" (ByVal hWndChild As Long, _
                                  ByVal hWndNewParent As Long) As Long

Private Sub MDIForm_Click()

ProgressBar1.Visible = True
    Timer1.Enabled = True

With ProgressBar1
        Call SetParent(.hWnd, StatusBar1.hWnd)
        .Left = 1000 'not working
        .Top = 0
        .Width = StatusBar1.Width
        .Height = StatusBar1.Height / 2
    End With

End Sub

Private Sub Timer1_Timer()

With ProgressBar1

.Value = .Value + 1

If .Value >= 100 Then

Timer1.Enabled = False
            .Value = 0

.Visible = False 'not working

'workaround
            .Width = 0
            .Height = 0

End If

End With

End Sub

PowerPoster

Quote Originally Posted by Karl77 View Post
    ProgressBar/StatusBar problems

A MDI form has a StatusBar.
    On the first panel it shall show a ProgressBar on demand.
    After progress is finished, the ProgressBar shall hide.

a)
    ProgressBar.Visible has no effect.

b)
    The StatusBar font size can't be changed.

---

Not sure it is a VBCCR problem.
    But perhaps in VBCCR there are other means to solve the 2 'problems'?

Code:
    VERSION 5.00
    Object = "{7020C36F-09FC-41FE-B822-CDE6FBB321EB}#1.2#0"; "VBCCR17.OCX"
    Begin VB.MDIForm MDIForm1 
       BackColor       =   &H8000000C&
       Caption         =   "MDIForm1"
       ClientHeight    =   3975
       ClientLeft      =   120
       ClientTop       =   465
       ClientWidth     =   7740
       LinkTopic       =   "MDIForm1"
       StartUpPosition =   2  'CenterScreen
       Begin VBCCR17.StatusBar StatusBar1 
          Align           =   2  'Align Bottom
          Height          =   495
          Left            =   0
          Top             =   3480
          Width           =   7740
          _ExtentX        =   13653
          _ExtentY        =   873
             Size            =   8.25
             Charset         =   0
             Weight          =   400
          EndProperty
          AllowSizeGrip   =   0   'False
          InitPanels      =   "MDIForm1.frx":0000
       End
       Begin VB.PictureBox Picture1 
          Align           =   1  'Align Top
          BeginProperty Font 
             Size            =   9.75
             Charset         =   0
             Weight          =   400
          EndProperty
          Height          =   1095
          Left            =   0
          ScaleHeight     =   1035
          ScaleWidth      =   7680
          TabIndex        =   0
          TabStop         =   0   'False
          Top             =   0
          Width           =   7740
          Begin VBCCR17.ProgressBar ProgressBar1 
             Height          =   615
             Left            =   240
             Top             =   120
             Width           =   3780
             _ExtentX        =   6668
             _ExtentY        =   1085
                Size            =   9.75
                Charset         =   0
                Weight          =   400
             EndProperty
             Step            =   10
          End
       End
       Begin VB.Timer Timer1 
          Enabled         =   0   'False
          Interval        =   1
          Left            =   840
          Top             =   1440
       End
    End
    Attribute VB_Name = "MDIForm1"
    Attribute VB_GlobalNameSpace = False
    Attribute VB_Creatable = False
    Attribute VB_PredeclaredId = True
    Attribute VB_Exposed = False
    Option Explicit

Private Declare Function SetParent _
                    Lib "user32" (ByVal hWndChild As Long, _
                                  ByVal hWndNewParent As Long) As Long

Private Sub MDIForm_Click()

ProgressBar1.Visible = True
    Timer1.Enabled = True

With ProgressBar1
        Call SetParent(.hWnd, StatusBar1.hWnd)
        .Left = 1000 'not working
        .Top = 0
        .Width = StatusBar1.Width
        .Height = StatusBar1.Height / 2
    End With

End Sub

Private Sub Timer1_Timer()

With ProgressBar1

.Value = .Value + 1

If .Value >= 100 Then

Timer1.Enabled = False
            .Value = 0

.Visible = False 'not working

'workaround
            .Width = 0
            .Height = 0

End If

End With

End Sub
    I can't check now. But the SetParent is wrong, shall be:
    Code:
    Call SetParent(.hWndUserControl, StatusBar1.hWnd)

Fanatic Member

Code:
    Call SetParent(.hWndUserControl, StatusBar1.hWnd)
    Oh well, yes.
    Solves a).

Thank you!

PowerPoster

Oh well, yes.
    Solves a).

Thank you!
    Good. But why you can't change the Font of the StatusBar ?
    For me it works..

Fanatic Member

I can change the font but not the font size.
    Try to set Segoe UI / 10.
    Reverts to 8.25.

PowerPoster

I can change the font but not the font size.
    Try to set Segoe UI / 10.
    Reverts to 8.25.
    I can't replicate. For me it just reverts to 9.75

Addicted Member

Could this have to do with the various sizes that have been installed for the font on the PC? I remember having had some challenges with font sizes in the past with Windows seemingly arbitrarily switching to another size than the number it was given.

Also, as you’re talking about a UI font, could Windows’ scaling setting play a role, e.g. if it’s not 100%?

Fanatic Member

Now I have 9.75 as well after several tries.
    I had to set a different font before, change the size, and then set the font.
    So forget the strange effect.

Also, as you’re talking about a UI font, could Windows’ scaling setting play a role, e.g. if it’s not 100%?
    Not in this case.
    I work at 100% always, and alter the setting for tests only.
    I never save a project when not at 100%.

Fanatic Member

Toolbar index problem

I have a toolbar with 3 buttons.
    They are added by code, using the string key of the imagelist.
    All fine.

Now I have a .DisabledImagelist.
    For this test the imagelist holds the same images, but in different order.
    While the single image has the same key as in the normal imagelist.

When I now disable a button by key, the wrong image from the DisabledImagelist is applied.

It would be good if the image for the disabled button is fetched by the image key.

2022-08-30_Toolbar.zip

PowerPoster

Toolbar index problem

I have a toolbar with 3 buttons.
    They are added by code, using the string key of the imagelist.
    All fine.

Now I have a .DisabledImagelist.
    For this test the imagelist holds the same images, but in different order.
    While the single image has the same key as in the normal imagelist.

When I now disable a button by key, the wrong image from the DisabledImagelist is applied.

It would be good if the image for the disabled button is fetched by the image key.
    I understand.. However, the "solution" is not easy.

First of all, the TBBUTTONINFOW structure has only single iImage member.
    So TB_SETIMAGELIST/TB_SETDISABLEDIMAGELIST/TB_SETHOTIMAGELIST do use the same iImage member.
    That could be solved applying I_IMAGECALLBACK on iImage member and set the appropriate index at TBN_GETDISPINFO. But, that implies two possible solutions:
    1. Fetch the index from the ImageList at every TBN_GETDISPINFO. (performance penalty)
    2. Add new DisabledImage/HotImage in the TbrButton class. So that the index can be fetched once and used at TBN_GETDISPINFO. For back-compat reasons DisabledImage/HotImage must return the Image property in case they are not set. (empty) Which would be possible as the properties are Variants.

So I opt for solution 2. In would be possible even to incorporate this into VBCCR17 (only typelib version increments)
    But that would require your code to set the possible new DisabledImage property afterwards. (an enhancement in the Buttons.Add signature is not possible as it breaks binary compatibility)
    example:
    Code:
    With .Buttons.Add(, "key1", , TbrButtonStyleDefault, "a")
    .DisabledImage = "a"
    End With
    What do you think ?

Fanatic Member

Performance penalty is not my friend.
    On the other hand, it depends on how often it happens and how long it takes.

Other idea:
    Sorting the .DisabledImageList so that the index matches the .ImageList.
    This has to be done 1x only.
    (Don't know how to handle it when the DisabledImageList is shorter than .ImageList.)

A change in the source is no problem.

Code:
    .DisabledImage = "a"
    When using such, is the image from the .DisabledImageList?
    If so, then fine.

Fanatic Member

Regarding the imagelists:

Up to now I create the disabled images manually.
    I don't do it for all normal pictures.
    And I don't want do do that at all anymore.

The normal pictures get added to the imagelist by code.
    The sources are PNGs with transparency in a ressource file.
    Works good, no problem.

The idea is now, to read the pictures in the imagelist, make them brighter and greyscale and copy the result to a .DisabledImagelist.
    Would avoid the former issue "Toolbar index problem" completely.

Before I reinvent the wheel:
    Are there any functions I could use for the image processing in VBCCR?
    Or another idea which is not a large additional library?

Page 86 of 94 FirstFirst ... 367683848586878889 ... LastLast