Page 73 of 94 FirstFirst ... 23637071727374757683 ... LastLast
Results 2,881 to 2,920 of 3726

Thread: CommonControls (Replacement of the MS common controls)

PowerPoster

Re: CommonControls (Replacement of the MS common controls)

Quote Originally Posted by OldClock View Post
    1. Is it possible to prevent Windows from overriding a ComboBox's BackColor when using CboStyleDropDownList? I set a combobox to &H00C0FFFF& (gold color) and Windows XP correctly shows all three ComboBox styles in gold, but Windows 10 only shows CboStyleDropDownCombo and CboStyleSimpleCombo in gold while showing CboStyleDropDownList in gray (probably from the Windows color scheme).
    No, that's the visual style. If you want to to have a BackColor shown in CboStyleDropDownList then you need to set .VisualStyles = False.

2. Is it possible to programmatically disable the ComboBox drop-down animation? I wrote a routine to allow the user to search through a combo for a keyword and show only matching results. It works nicely in Windows XP where the drop-down shows instantly, but in Windows 10 the drop-down is animated and that makes searching slow.
    I am not aware of a solution to a specific ComboBox.
    If you want to avoid animation for the whole system consider using SPI_SETCOMBOBOXANIMATION.

3. When the mouse cursor hovers over the program window, Windows hides the mouse cursor when I call ComboBox.DroppedDown = True. That's very user-unfriendly. How do I prevent Windows from hiding the cursor?
    After some research this is a "common" issue and described as a "very obscure set of circumstances".
    The edit control in the ComboBox hides the cursor when entering a character. (just like a normal TextBox also does)
    However, moving the mouse in an edit control resolves this issue.
    But the drop-down list will set the "mouse capture" when it shows the drop-down portion.
    Thus when the hCursor is NULL in that moment the mouse cursor will kept hidden.

I will encounter the issue more and will soon make an update to refresh the hCursor upon CBN_DROPDOWN in case it is NULL. (there is a solution for this)

4. Does the VBCCR ComboBox allow a better way of searching for partial matches at any point in the string than the way I did it?
    A Virtual ComboBox is a perfomant use-case for such a "searching" functionality.
    However, it might be better (considering the slow drop-down animation) to use the IAutoComplete interface.
    It can be attached to any edit control. (= ComboBox1.hWndEdit)

Quote Originally Posted by Thierry76 View Post
    Does anyone use the compiled version in VBA Excel professional environment with success ? (maybe few new happy users )
    Do you mean 64bit or 32bit VBA ? Please note that VBCCR works only on 32bit VBA.
    Last edited by Krool; Jul 26th, 2020 at 01:02 PM.

Lively Member

Quote Originally Posted by Semke View Post
    Hi!
    I have 2 Features which would be nice to add to the ComboBox;
    1) autocomplete from items in the list, with an option to raise an event if the text that was input is not an item in the list (this would be raised during the validate event, or even a new event could be created for this purpose.
    2) cancel the dropdown before it has been dropped.
    Hi! Krool
    Did you see these suggestion? What do you think about it?

Addicted Member

Quote Originally Posted by Krool View Post
    If you want to avoid animation for the whole system consider using SPI_SETCOMBOBOXANIMATION.
    Great, thanks.

I tried that, but get a buggy result. When I disable combobox animation in Windows, SPI_GETCOMBOBOXANIMATION returns False. Good. But when I use SPI_SETCOMBOBOXANIMATION to set it to False, SPI_GETCOMBOBOXANIMATION then returns True. What's going on?

Code:
        Call SystemParametersInfo(enSystemParametersInfo.SPI_GETCOMBOBOXANIMATION, 0, r_comboAniOrg, 0)
        MsgBox "r_comboAniOrg before: " & r_comboAniOrg

If SystemParametersInfo(enSystemParametersInfo.SPI_SETCOMBOBOXANIMATION, 0, False, 0) Then
            MsgBox "Setting to False succeeded"
        Else
            MsgBox "Setting to False failed"
        End If

Call SystemParametersInfo(enSystemParametersInfo.SPI_GETCOMBOBOXANIMATION, 0, r_comboAniOrg, 0)
        MsgBox "r_comboAniOrg after: " & r_comboAniOrg
    See attached source code.
    Attached Files Attached Files

PowerPoster

Update released for ComboBoxW, FontCombo, VirtualCombo and ImageCombo control.
    Those all controls receive CBN_DROPDOWN.

There is this misbehavior in user32.dll that when sending a CB_SHOWDROPDOWN upon CBN_EDITCHANGE that the hCursor is NULL and due to the ComboLBox mouse capture will be kept NULL until the drop-down list closes up again. (CBN_CLOSEUP)

Therefore new RefreshMousePointer is included in Common.bas. (due to it's generic purpose)

Code:
    Case CBN_DROPDOWN
        If PropStyle <> CboStyleDropDownList And ComboBoxEditHandle <> 0 Then
            If GetCursor() = 0 Then
                ' The mouse cursor can be hidden when showing the drop-down list upon a change event.
                ' Reason is that the edit control hides the cursor and a following mouse move will show it again.
                ' However, the drop-down list will set a mouse capture and thus the cursor keeps hidden.
                ' Solution is to refresh the cursor by sending a WM_SETCURSOR.
                Call RefreshMousePointer(lParam)
            End If
        End If
    Code:
    Public Sub RefreshMousePointer(Optional ByVal hWndFallback As Long)
    Const WM_SETCURSOR As Long = &H20, WM_NCHITTEST As Long = &H84, WM_MOUSEMOVE As Long = &H200
    Dim P As POINTAPI, hWndCursor As Long
    GetCursorPos P
    hWndCursor = GetCapture()
    If hWndCursor = 0 Then hWndCursor = WindowFromPoint(P.X, P.Y)
    If hWndCursor <> 0 Then
        If GetWindowThreadProcessId(hWndCursor, 0) <> App.ThreadID Then hWndCursor = hWndFallback
    Else
        hWndCursor = hWndFallback
    End If
    If hWndCursor <> 0 Then SendMessage hWndCursor, WM_SETCURSOR, hWndCursor, ByVal MakeDWord(SendMessage(hWndCursor, WM_NCHITTEST, 0, ByVal Make_XY_lParam(P.X, P.Y)), WM_MOUSEMOVE)
    End Sub
    Quote Originally Posted by Semke View Post
    Hi!
    I have 2 Features which would be nice to add to the ComboBox;
    1) autocomplete from items in the list, with an option to raise an event if the text that was input is not an item in the list (this would be raised during the validate event, or even a new event could be created for this purpose.
    2) cancel the dropdown before it has been dropped.
    1) What do you mean exactly? Please describe as detailed as possible. You can check in Validate() event if an item exists? Why re-invent the wheel?
    2) Not possible. You cannot cancel CBN_DROPDOWN. However, I will try to find another mechanism to achieve something similar.

I tried that, but get a buggy result. When I disable combobox animation in Windows, SPI_GETCOMBOBOXANIMATION returns False. Good. But when I use SPI_SETCOMBOBOXANIMATION to set it to False, SPI_GETCOMBOBOXANIMATION then returns True. What's going on?
    1. Change r_comboAniOrg As Boolean to As Long
    2. use ByVal 0& instead of False -> SPI_SETCOMBOBOXANIMATION, 0, ByVal 0&
    Last edited by Krool; Jul 29th, 2020 at 11:27 AM.

Lively Member

1) What do you mean exactly? Please describe as detailed as possible. You can check in Validate() event if an item exists? Why re-invent the wheel?
    like you have on internet explorer/ edge / chrome, when you start typing an address it autofills the rest of the text.

about the validate event, you are probably right.

Addicted Member

Fantastic, thank you!

Addicted Member

Hey

I have an issue and a question regarding the VBCCR16.TreeView:

1. Problem: The first root node collapses when the TreeView gets focus. To reproduce, populate the treeview using a hierarchical structure (parent and child nodes), and expand all nodes. Programmatically set focus on some other widget. Run the program. Hit the Tab key to switch focus from that other widget to the TreeView, and the first root node and all of its children collapse. Expected behavior: nothing collapses by itself unless the user hits the "[-]" icon to collapse it. Reproduced in latest commit ba8dd7c (1.6.130).

2. How can I show checkboxes only on the lowest-level nodes? i.e. not on any node which has children.

Sample project attached.

PowerPoster

Hey

I have an issue and a question regarding the VBCCR16.TreeView:

1. Problem: The first root node collapses when the TreeView gets focus. To reproduce, populate the treeview using a hierarchical structure (parent and child nodes), and expand all nodes. Programmatically set focus on some other widget. Run the program. Hit the Tab key to switch focus from that other widget to the TreeView, and the first root node and all of its children collapse. Expected behavior: nothing collapses by itself unless the user hits the "[-]" icon to collapse it. Reproduced in latest commit ba8dd7c (1.6.130).

2. How can I show checkboxes only on the lowest-level nodes? i.e. not on any node which has children.

Sample project attached.
    1. Set .SingleSel property to False. When having it to True it auto-collapses...

2. Set the .NoImages property of a TvwNode to True.
    Red marked text is the addition in your code.
    Code:
    For Each n In tv.Nodes
        n.Expanded = True
        If n.Children > 0 Then n.NoImages = True
    Next
    Or (alternatively)
    Code:
    For Each n In tv.Nodes
        n.Expanded = True
        If Not n.Child Is Nothing Then n.NoImages = True
    Next

Addicted Member

Thank you!

PowerPoster

Update released.

Enhancement for the FrameW control.

The UserControl.ForwardFocus is now set to True. (UserControl.CanGetFocus keeps = False)
    Name:  FrameW_ForwardFocus.png
Views: 1227
Size:  2.7 KB

With this change and using the internal UserControl.AccessKey property the caption now effectively handles mnemonics.
    Also the UserControl exposes now the TabIndex property to the Extender. (like the VB.Frame also exposes the TabIndex property)

So in below example, pressing ALT+M will move the focus to the TextBoxW1 control.
    In order to work properly the TabIndex property must be set meaningful. (means "TextBoxW1.TabIndex = FrameW1.TabIndex + 1" in this example)

Name:  FrameW_Mnemonic.png
Views: 1236
Size:  663 Bytes

The VB.Label (and LabelW) control offers a UseMnemonic property, which controls whether an & in the caption defines an access key or not.
    The VB.Frame lacks this functionality. The FrameW includes now a UseMnemonic property.

Info: VBCCR16 will not see this change, only the upcoming VBCCR17..
    Last edited by Krool; Aug 18th, 2020 at 11:54 AM.

PowerPoster

VBCCR17.OCX now released.

I'm confused about where to actually get this file. I've scanned the thread and all I see is the original release.

PowerPoster

Quote Originally Posted by c141heaven View Post
    I'm confused about where to actually get this file. I've scanned the thread and all I see is the original release.
    There is a dedicated thread for the OCX version. (https://www.vbforums.com/showthread....55#post5129155)

Thanks.

Hello,
    With the latest version, do we have now to remove this line from our projects :
    Call ComCtlsInitIDEStopProtection

Thank you

PowerPoster

Quote Originally Posted by Crapahute View Post
    Hello,
    With the latest version, do we have now to remove this line from our projects :
    Call ComCtlsInitIDEStopProtection

Thank you
    Yes, it's removed. It anyhow didn't protect the IDE in case of an Error stop/break. It just resolved the End button.
    So, in order to strip down the project it got removed. If you wish full IDE safety then resort to the OCX version.

Even without the IDEStopProtection handler it is half way IDE safe. Try the ComCtlsDemo project and run the MainForm. Press the end button. No crash, even without a IDEStopProtection handler.

However, in more complex scenarios the IDE crashes of course. (e.g. in ComCtlsDemo if you run the MainForm and open the RichTextBox modal demo form in addition, then pressing end button crashes the IDE)

But the Std-EXE version is for advanced users only who know exactly what they are doing.
    It would blow up the project to have full IDE safety. (and it's so easy to get IDE safety by just resorting to the OCX version)
    Last edited by Krool; Aug 21st, 2020 at 05:49 AM.

Lightbulb Re: CommonControls (Replacement of the MS common controls)

Is there any guide that shows how to convert projects from 1.6 to 1.7?

Quick-Guide by myself:

vbp files:

replace the line:
    Code:
    Object={0DF5D14C-08DD-4806-8BE2-B59CB924CFC9}#1.7#0; VBCCR16.OCX
    with:
    Code:
    Object={7020C36F-09FC-41FE-B822-CDE6FBB321EB}#1.0#0; VBCCR17.OCX

frm files:

replace the line:
    Code:
    Object = "{0DF5D14C-08DD-4806-8BE2-B59CB924CFC9}#1.7#0"; "VBCCR16.OCX"
    with:
    Code:
    Object = "{7020C36F-09FC-41FE-B822-CDE6FBB321EB}#1.0#0"; "VBCCR17.OCX"

frm/bas files:

replace everywhere the text:
    Code:
    VBCCR16.
    with:
    Code:
    VBCCR17.
    Last edited by Mith; Aug 27th, 2020 at 10:32 PM.

I just remember you added a lot of features the last months but only available using the Std-Exe version.

What features are new compared with OCX v1.6?

PowerPoster

Quote Originally Posted by Mith View Post
    I just remember you added a lot of features the last months but only available using the Std-Exe version.

What features are new compared with OCX v1.6?
    When you look in the "List of revisions" then all new features as of 25-Feb-2020 are not contained in the v1.6.
    However, bugfixes which do not break binary compatibility were revised also in v1.6.

As of now (v1.7) the features are in sync between Std-EXE and OCX version. And I certainly do not foreseen to change that anymore, unless there is a good reason for..
    Bugreports however will be fixed then in both Std-EXE and OCX version.

Fanatic Member

Have anyone tested the demo with DpiAwareness = PerMonitorV2? It seems not so perfect. Please krool do some inspections.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

PowerPoster

Quote Originally Posted by DaveDavis View Post
    Have anyone tested the demo with DpiAwareness = PerMonitorV2? It seems not so perfect. Please krool do some inspections.
    VBCCR is system dpi-aware. (pre-condition for everything that shall come on-top)

PerMonitorV2 is extremely difficult to manage properly. (even MS stated that much needs to be handled)
    Example: Usage of GetSystemMetricsForDpi instead of GetSystemMetrics upon a WM_DPICHANGED event.

You stated that VBCCR is odd on PerMonitorV2. That's true, because the comctl32.dll handles already "some" part upon a WM_DPICHANGED message and other GUI parts are untouched.
    If comctl32.dll would not handle WM_DPICHANGED at all the result would synchronous. (means no scale change for all GUI parts)

MSDN states:
    There are two versions of Per-Monitor awareness that an application can register itself as: version 1 and version 2 (PMv2). Registering a process as running in PMv2 awareness mode results in:

- The application being notified when the DPI changes (both the top-level and child HWNDs)
    - The application seeing the raw pixels of each display
    - The application never being bitmap scaled by Windows
    - Automatic non-client area (window caption, scroll bars, etc.) DPI scaling by Windows
    - Win32 dialogs (from CreateDialog) automatically DPI scaled by Windows
    - Theme-drawn bitmap assets in common controls (checkboxes, button backgrounds, etc.) being automatically rendered at the appropriate DPI scale factor
    I have no idea of somebody managed already to make a whole VB6 app PerMonitorV2 DPI aware.
    PerMonitorV1 is even more difficult as only the top-level window receives a WM_DPICHANGED.

There is no real walk-trough.. maybe at some point LaVolpe manages to release a helper class to ease PerMonitorV2 to scale all Fonts etc.
    When I would handle WM_DPICHANGED isolated in my VBCCR project there is the danger of potentially "double-handle" a scaling.

Therefore it would be better to have a common helper class (e.g. from LaVolpe at some point) and then to see how things are going.

And maybe then to see if there are some exceptions to handle isolated in VBCCR where the helper class cannot help. (e.g. above example with internal usage of GetSystemMetricsForDpi in VBCCR etc.)

Edit: I forgot that LaVolpe's helper class is already out. Though I did not try it nor do I need PerMonitorV2 really.
    Last edited by Krool; Sep 3rd, 2020 at 01:23 AM.

PowerPoster

I don't think it is an issue that the Common Controls should or may handle because it is something about the forms size/position and control size/positions, something that need to be handled on the host side.

Also to note, that if the App need to be RightToLeft ready, that adds more complexity.

Also, in forms where the controls are placed fixed, statically, it could be handled transparently with a class, but for controls that are sized or moved in code based on certain conditions, that need to be handled in place applying the correction factor.

All this would, at the same time, fix the non-integer twips-per-pixel issue.

Fanatic Member

VBCCR is system dpi-aware. (pre-condition for everything that shall come on-top)

PerMonitorV2 is extremely difficult to manage properly. (even MS stated that much needs to be handled)
    Example: Usage of GetSystemMetricsForDpi instead of GetSystemMetrics upon a WM_DPICHANGED event.
    Please make an effort to improve MonthView, it is one of obvious non-compatibility (unusable) with PerMonitorV2, Wondering why DTPicker's Monthview dropdown is OK.

Edited: FYI, On.NET, MonthCalendar has SingleMonthSize property that we can use to set the size. From .NET 4.7.2, MonthCalendar is DpiAware, it do auto scale following with DpiAwareness setting in app.config/manifest.
    Last edited by DaveDavis; Sep 3rd, 2020 at 09:37 PM.

PowerPoster

Please make an effort to improve MonthView, it is one of obvious non-compatibility (unusable) with PerMonitorV2, Wondering why DTPicker's Monthview dropdown is OK.
    OK, please test following change for MonthView, if you confirm I will release a bugfix:

Before
    Code:
    Private Sub UserControl_Resize()
    Static InProc As Boolean
    If InProc = True Then Exit Sub
    InProc = True
    With UserControl
    If DPICorrectionFactor() <> 1 Then Call SyncObjectRectsToContainer(Me)
    If MonthViewHandle = 0 Then InProc = False: Exit Sub
    If MonthViewReqWidth <> 0 And MonthViewReqHeight <> 0 Then
        [...]
        .Extender.Move .Extender.Left, .Extender.Top, .ScaleX((MonthViewReqWidth + ExtraWidth), vbPixels, vbContainerSize), .ScaleY((MonthViewReqHeight + ExtraHeight), vbPixels, vbContainerSize)
    End If
    MoveWindow MonthViewHandle, 0, 0, .ScaleWidth, .ScaleHeight, 1
    End With
    InProc = False
    End Sub
    After (new code marked as red)
    Code:
    Private Sub UserControl_Resize()
    Static InProc As Boolean
    If InProc = True Then Exit Sub
    InProc = True
    With UserControl
    If MonthViewHandle = 0 Then InProc = False: Exit Sub
    If MonthViewReqWidth <> 0 And MonthViewReqHeight <> 0 Then
        [...]
        ' .Extender.Move .Extender.Left, .Extender.Top, .ScaleX((MonthViewReqWidth + ExtraWidth), vbPixels, vbContainerSize), .ScaleY((MonthViewReqHeight + ExtraHeight), vbPixels, vbContainerSize)
        .Extender.Width = .ScaleX((MonthViewReqWidth + ExtraWidth), vbPixels, vbContainerSize)
        .Extender.Height = .ScaleY((MonthViewReqHeight + ExtraHeight), vbPixels, vbContainerSize)
    End If
    MoveWindow MonthViewHandle, 0, 0, .ScaleWidth, .ScaleHeight, 1
    End With
    InProc = False
    End Sub

Fanatic Member

Code:
        .Extender.Width = .ScaleX((MonthViewReqWidth + ExtraWidth), vbPixels, vbContainerSize)
        .Extender.Height = .ScaleY((MonthViewReqHeight + ExtraHeight), vbPixels, vbContainerSize)
    I didn't see the difference.
    I have to set MonthColumns and MonthRows =2 then the calendar can show whole size (wider a bit).

Edited:
    It seems we need GetDpiForWindow then do scaling, something like this:
    Code:
    .ScaleX((MonthViewReqWidth + ExtraWidth) * CurrentDpiScale , vbPixels, vbContainerSize)
    I tried to write hard code for testing (my 2nd Monitor is 175% scale), then I see almost the same with MonthCalendar in .NET 4.7.2:
    Code:
    .Extender.Move .Extender.Left, .Extender.Top, .ScaleX((MonthViewReqWidth + ExtraWidth) * 1.75, vbPixels, vbContainerSize), 

.ScaleY((MonthViewReqHeight + ExtraHeight + 14) * 1.75, vbPixels, vbContainerSize)
    If my 2nd Monitor is 150% scale, also I see almost the same with MonthCalendar in .NET 4.7.2:
    Code:
    .Extender.Move .Extender.Left, .Extender.Top, .ScaleX((MonthViewReqWidth + ExtraWidth) * 1.5, vbPixels, vbContainerSize), 

.ScaleY((MonthViewReqHeight + ExtraHeight + 14) * 1.5, vbPixels, vbContainerSize)
    Last edited by DaveDavis; Sep 4th, 2020 at 06:45 PM.

PowerPoster

Code:
    I didn't see the difference.
    Well, you showed a picture with a MonthView "out-of-place".
    I attempted to fix the position. Don't know. Thought of
    Code:
    .Extender.Move .Extender.Left, .Extender.Top
    screwing things up. So if it's unchanged using .Width/.Height instead of .Move then I don't know what's going on.
    All other controls are correctly located though.

I don't speak about size/scale because this I won't handle. (IMO the app is responsible)
    Exeption might be the MonthView as it self resizes. So an App can't fix it. But I want to first ensure the location is fixed.

Fanatic Member

Well, you showed a picture with a MonthView "out-of-place".
    The location has no problem. The picture confused you, my apology. I purposely move out the monthview from original position to the right side on the mainForm to say it is not showing entirely (auto size problem).
    Last edited by DaveDavis; Sep 4th, 2020 at 06:47 PM.

StatusBar :
    Unsuccessful setting of status bar background color
    Name:  StatusBar.jpg
Views: 843
Size:  26.0 KB

Hyperactive Member

Question Re: CommonControls (Replacement of the MS common controls)

Krool, can you help me with translation of descriptions? Please, look at the screenshot. How could it be so? I have changed (translated) the "Attribute Left.VB_Description" value in the CheckBoxW.ctl file. Then I opened the ComCtlsDemo.vbp project and got two different descriptions of one property.

Name:  ScreenShot001.jpg
Views: 766
Size:  47.2 KB
    Last edited by Nouyana; Sep 6th, 2020 at 08:45 AM.

PowerPoster

Quote Originally Posted by smileyoufucn View Post
    StatusBar :
    Unsuccessful setting of status bar background color
    Name:  StatusBar.jpg
Views: 843
Size:  26.0 KB
    When you read the property description it gives you the answer:
    Returns/sets the background color used to display text and graphics in an object. This property is ignored if the version of comctl32.dll is 6.0 or higher and the visual styles property is set to true

Quote Originally Posted by Nouyana View Post
    Krool, can you help me with translation of descriptions? Please, look at the screenshot. How could it be so? I have changed (translated) the "Attribute Left.VB_Description" value in the CheckBoxW.ctl file. Then I opened the ComCtlsDemo.vbp project and got two different descriptions of one property.

Name:  ScreenShot001.jpg
Views: 766
Size:  47.2 KB
    The .Left property description gets overwritten by the VBControlExtender.
    It is actually not needed to declare it in the .ctl file. I just did it so "shadow" objects (e.g. "As CheckBoxW") can make use of such VBControlExtender properties.
    Last edited by Krool; Sep 6th, 2020 at 10:05 AM.

Hyperactive Member

Smile Re: CommonControls (Replacement of the MS common controls)

The .Left property description gets overwritten by the VBControlExtender.
    It is actually not needed to declare it in the .ctl file. I just did it so "shadow" objects (e.g. "As CheckBoxW") can make use of such VBControlExtender properties.
    Thank you. I am working on translation of your control's descriptions into Russian. I am using the official Russian help file for VB5. Look at theese files, may be you will find them useful:

GetVbDescr.bas
    This is a ready to use program (Sub Main) without GUI. It creates an mdb database with descriptions of the control's subs, events, properties, etc. All you need to use it is to set up the sSrcPath constant (path to "Builds" folder) and run it. The program will create a vbccr.mdb database with all the descriptions.

SetVbDescr.bas
    This program will replace the VB_Description with value from vbccr.mdb (t_DESCR.SUB_TRANSL field). All you need to use it is to set up the sSrcPath constant.

vbccr.pdf
    This is a standard Microsoft Access report. Somebody can use it as a help file.

I will improve this program in the future. I want to add a GUI. So we will be able to automatically translate descriptions within the new versions of controls.

Addicted Member

Thank you. I am working on translation of your control's descriptions into Russian. I am using the official Russian help file for VB5. Look at theese files, may be you will find them useful:

GetVbDescr.bas
    This is a ready to use program (Sub Main) without GUI. It creates an mdb database with descriptions of the control's subs, events, properties, etc. All you need to use it is to set up the sSrcPath constant (path to "Builds" folder) and run it. The program will create a vbccr.mdb database with all the descriptions.

SetVbDescr.bas
    This program will replace the VB_Description with value from vbccr.mdb (t_DESCR.SUB_TRANSL field). All you need to use it is to set up the sSrcPath constant.

vbccr.pdf
    This is a standard Microsoft Access report. Somebody can use it as a help file.

I will improve this program in the future. I want to add a GUI. So we will be able to automatically translate descriptions within the new versions of controls.
    Not to downplay your intention and work, but what's the use of this? I think most people who are still using VB6 will know english as I think most of the IDE isn't available in any other language anyway, and replacing code in orginal files is certainly not a good way to go about it.

Hyperactive Member

Quote Originally Posted by SuperDre View Post
    Not to downplay your intention and work, but what's the use of this? I think most people who are still using VB6 will know english as I think most of the IDE isn't available in any other language anyway, and replacing code in orginal files is certainly not a good way to go about it.
    First of all, it is a way to create a documentation. The vbccr.pdf is a draft. I think it should be a chm file.

For the second, I have been using VB6 for 15 years. And yes, I think the IDE should be original (in English). But Russian descriptions and help files make my work faster and more convenient.

Addicted Member

First of all, it is a way to create a documentation. The vbccr.pdf is a draft. I think it should be a chm file.

For the second, I have been using VB6 for 15 years. And yes, I think the IDE should be original (in English). But Russian descriptions and help files make my work faster and more convenient.
    Ok, but for the few times you actually look at the descriptions, isn't the time better spent on just developing new features for your applications?
    It's a lot of work to translate all the descriptions, and in reality, not many people will use it as the object browser shows everything you need, personally as everything is in english in the IDE I have a harder time reading something if some stuff are in dutch(my native language) and most in english, so I work faster if it's just in english.. But then again, I don't have any problems with reading english..

Fanatic Member

What is the top & bottom white space in Krool's MonthView? How to measure the height? I didn't see in MS MonthView.
    Last edited by DaveDavis; Sep 8th, 2020 at 03:06 AM.

PowerPoster

What is the top & bottom white space in Krool's MonthView? How to measure the height? I didn't see in MS MonthView.
    I cannot replicate. I tried comctl32.dll both v5 and v6 (manifested) and no white spaces either way for the VBCCR MonthView. (VisualStyles = False for v6 comctl32.dll)

Can you provide a demo ?

Fanatic Member

I cannot replicate. I tried comctl32.dll both v5 and v6 (manifested) and no white spaces either way for the VBCCR MonthView. (VisualStyles = False for v6 comctl32.dll)

Can you provide a demo ?
    I put an offset 14 and forget to remove. I am so embarrassed... Forgive me.

Fanatic Member

I have done some experimental trail on PerMonitorV2 for MonthView. I subclass the WM_DPICHANGED_BEFOREPARENT inside MonthView to get current Dpi to re-scale MonthView, so that when we dragging the demo Form to another monitor, the MonthView can be sizing accordingly. I used PerMonitorV2 marked in Resource file.
    1) New Resource file
    2) Delcare:
    Code:
    Private Declare Function GetDpiForWindow Lib "user32" (ByVal hWnd As Long) As Long
    Private DpiScale As Single
    Private currentDpi As Single, oldDpi As Single
    3) UserControl_Resize
    Code:
    If DpiScale = 0 Then DpiScale = 1
    .Extender.Move .Extender.Left, .Extender.Top, .ScaleX(CSng(MonthViewReqWidth + ExtraWidth) * DpiScale, vbPixels, vbContainerSize), .ScaleY(CSng(MonthViewReqHeight + ExtraHeight) * DpiScale, vbPixels, vbContainerSize)
    4) UserControl_Show:
    Code:
    Private Sub UserControl_Show()
    oldDpi = currentDpi
    currentDpi = GetDpiForWindow(UserControl.ContainerHwnd)
    If currentDpi = 0 Then currentDpi = 96#
    If (oldDpi <> currentDpi) Then
       DpiScale = (currentDpi / 96#)
       Call UserControl_Resize
    End If
    End Sub
    5) WindowProcUserControl:
    Code:
    If wMsg = &H2E2 Then
       oldDpi = currentDpi
       currentDpi = GetDpiForWindow(hWnd)
       If (oldDpi <> currentDpi) Then
          DpiScale = (currentDpi / 96#)
          Call UserControl_Resize
       End If
    End If

Hyperactive Member

Ok, but for the few times you actually look at the descriptions, isn't the time better spent on just developing new features for your applications?
    For me personally, translation is a way of learning. There are many new features in Krool controls. I hope it will keep my time in the future.

It's a lot of work to translate all the descriptions, and in reality, not many people will use it as the object browser shows everything you need, personally as everything is in english in the IDE I have a harder time reading something if some stuff are in dutch(my native language) and most in english, so I work faster if it's just in english.. But then again, I don't have any problems with reading english..
    I think it will take me about three weeks to translate 1,390 descriptions. If someone helps me it will be faster.

As I said, I want to create a documentation for the controls. Object browser shows only 5% of what I need (no examples, no restrictions, no tips). Of course, I cannot cope with this task alone. So, you may help me (programmatically creating a help file from vbccr.mdb, for example). I also want to add the examples from ComCtlsDemo.vbp to the help file. Maybe it'll be better to create a wiki-project for that purposes. Are you in?

Hyperactive Member

Question Re: CommonControls (Replacement of the MS common controls)

As of now (v1.7) the features are in sync between Std-EXE and OCX version. And I certainly do not foreseen to change that anymore, unless there is a good reason for..
    Bugreports however will be fixed then in both Std-EXE and OCX version.
    Krool, please help me figure out how the ListBackColor and IntegralHeight properties work. I tried to use them with different operating systems and with different font sizes. There were no effect.

Project example:
    IntegralHeight.zip

Name:  IntegralHeight-Win10x64.gif
Views: 718
Size:  5.2 KBName:  IntegralHeight-WinXPx32.gif
Views: 693
Size:  5.5 KB

Page 73 of 94 FirstFirst ... 23637071727374757683 ... LastLast