Page 79 of 79 FirstFirst ... 296976777879
Results 3,121 to 3,138 of 3138

Thread: CommonControls (Replacement of the MS common controls)

Frenzied Member

Re: CommonControls (Replacement of the MS common controls)

Quote Originally Posted by Erwin69 View Post
    Thanks Karl. I'll need to study this a bit more.

My app has a limited set of buttons, so manually adding these is not the issue. The challenge is more the use of transparency.

I've taken this update as an opportunity to "modernize" the toolbar look and feel. As part of the pre-work, I collected/designed/created a series of images that are all saved in PNG-format with transparency. As that format unfortunately isn't supported by the VBCCR imagelist (and not by the original either), I need to figure out what the best approach is.
    About transparency, you can communicate with me in this respect. I also like to make the controls more beautiful.

Frenzied Member

Quote Originally Posted by xiaoyao View Post
    About transparency, you can communicate with me in this respect. I also like to make the controls more beautiful.
    StdPicture objects are restricted.
    They can be "enhanced" by vtable hacks to allow gdi+.
    However, that is the responsibility of the app todo and not of the VBCCR.
    The pictures are "owned" by the app and VBCCR just "borrows" them. It would be dangerous if there is any action on the objects which will "change" them.
    And doing private copies would kill "compatibility".
    Anyhow, see below for a solution:
    https://www.vbforums.com/showthread....to-Support-GDI

I have recently started using these common control replacements and have found that in the existing TabStrip control there is a way to disable 1 specific Tab to prevent it from being selected using an Enabled variable in the Tab object of the TabCollection, however I cannot clearly see a way to do so utilising the replacement, unless I rework the event handle to ignore input to that tab unless a seperate boolean is used to control the function.

Is such functionality not possible to expose, or is there a better alternative method?

Lively Member

the MS Common Control Tabstrip does not have an Enable Property for each tab (although I don't know why).
    You are referring to the SSTab, which is a complete different control, which creates its own container for each tab.

to get around this limitation, you can use the TabBeforeClick Event.

Addicted Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shadic View Post
    I have recently started using these common control replacements and have found that in the existing TabStrip control there is a way to disable 1 specific Tab to prevent it from being selected using an Enabled variable in the Tab object of the TabCollection, however I cannot clearly see a way to do so utilising the replacement, unless I rework the event handle to ignore input to that tab unless a seperate boolean is used to control the function.

Is such functionality not possible to expose, or is there a better alternative method?
    I've been converting my application to the VBCCR Unicode controls, and added the VBFlexGrid (also by Krool) and the SSTabEx (by Eduardo) to the toolkit. I am very happy with the quality of the controls, and the great support that is given via this forum.

https://www.vbforums.com/showthread....68#post5517568

Krool,

I noticed there is no List property with your ComboBox. Is the ComboBox populated under program control only?

Frenzied Member

Quote Originally Posted by ScriptBASIC View Post
    Krool,

I noticed there is no List property with your ComboBox. Is the ComboBox populated under program control only?
    There exist a List property. However, it's run-time only.

Krool,

I'm using your tab control and no text is being shown for Labels. Button and textboxes seem fine. It's like the Label control will not bind to the tab page at all. Link Labels seem to work.

Using VBCCR17.
    Last edited by ScriptBASIC; Apr 23rd, 2021 at 01:36 PM.

Frenzied Member

Krool,

I'm using your tab control and no text is being shown for Labels. Button and textboxes seem fine. Using VBCCR17.
    Labels are windowless. You need a "helper" container, such as a Frame or PictureBox.

Okay.

The form I'm trying to reproduce does have a frame around the controls I plan to use. I forgot to add it with the test of the tab page.

I put Mr. Freakout back in the closet.

I set the form to use pixel scaling mode which has been working fine until I got to adding controls to the tab page. It looks like twips is the only scale mode the tab page accepts.

Krool,

I decided to go with the SSTab control. It allows me to add controls to the pages in design time and easier to deal with. FWIW this control also only accepts twips. I guess that is just how it is.

Frenzied Member

I set the form to use pixel scaling mode which has been working fine until I got to adding controls to the tab page. It looks like twips is the only scale mode the tab page accepts.
    What does not work in pixel scaling mode? Demo? Code?

Adding controls worked fine. My only comment was that if I use pixel scaling the tab pages only accepts twips, nothing else. As mentioned I moved to SSTab as I don't what to have to deal with separate forms for tab pages and only able to test in runtime.

Frenzied Member

Adding controls worked fine. My only comment was that if I use pixel scaling the tab pages only accepts twips, nothing else. As mentioned I moved to SSTab as I don't what to have to deal with separate forms for tab pages and only able to test in runtime.
    The TabStrip has no "tab pages". if you use a VB.Frame (or FrameW) then this container ("tab page") is always in twips. If you want to use pixels, then use a VB.PictureBox.

My understanding is the tabstrip is just that. "Tab pages" are referred to as property pages which threw me for a loop. The tabstrip only shows the first page and clicking on the other tabs do nothing in the IDE. SSTab made that work like I expected. Thanks for the tip on using picturebox rather then frames to use pixel scaling.

Hi Krool,

Here is the result of our conversations. The picturebox frame replacement to get pixel scaling and using SSTab saved me a ton of time with this migration project I'm doing.

Attachment 181260
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by ScriptBASIC; May 1st, 2021 at 05:38 PM.

Addicted Member

Hi krool ,
    1- In toolbar , Is there a way to assign a font for a specific button instead of affecting all the buttons ? Like the ForeColor property that is assigned for the toolbar button .
    The reason , to replace button images by font icons like font awesome as an example .
    This will add flexibility to color changing and the size of the button graphics .
    Last edited by Hosam AL Dein; May 7th, 2021 at 05:16 AM.

Page 79 of 79 FirstFirst ... 296976777879