Thread: excel questions

Lively Member

excel questions

Is there a way to determine how many rows in the worksheet have data filled? I tried looping through the 1st column of each row until I see a cell that is empty, but when it gets to an empty cell it always gives me an excel range error.

Also what is the command to fully close an excel workbook. When I use the close command it closes the worksheet, but still leaves excel running.

Re: excel questions

Quote Originally Posted by giants00 View Post
    Is there a way to determine how many rows in the worksheet have data filled? I tried looping through the 1st column of each row until I see a cell that is empty, but when it gets to an empty cell it always gives me an excel range error.

Also what is the command to fully close an excel workbook. When I use the close command it closes the worksheet, but still leaves excel running.
    With regards to closing Excel try this.

http://www.dotnetperls.com/kill

Re: excel questions

Hi!
    [but when it gets to an empty cell it always gives me an excel range error.]

Have you tried type casting that range or cell value which is object to a string type?

Greg
    CodeBank: VB.NET & C#.NET | ASP.NET
    Programming: C# | VB.NET
    Blogs: Personal | Programming
    Projects: GitHub | jsFiddle
    ___________________________________________________________________________________

Rating someone's post is a way of saying Thanks...