Thread: [VB6] FarCry 2 Windows 7 Fix [ Source ]

Lively Member

[VB6] FarCry 2 Windows 7 Fix [ Source ]

Sup flokes,

I brought myself FarCry 2 for pc while steam deals and installed the game. And after a few minutes i discovered that it was not supported for windiws 7.
    So i could not try online gameplay. What is pretty sad, because steam said it was supported for Vista/Seven.
    But it is not supported on win7 and vista. MP and (Custom maps) did not work at all.

So i did some research and found a solution and made this simple fix for it.

Note: This fix only works for the steam version and the default installation path of the game. If you do a non-steam custom installation path it wont work.

Screenshot:

Download source:
    http://wss-data.com/uploads/FC2WIN7FIX.zip

Mirror:
    See Attached File.

Best Regards,
    NiTrOWow
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by NiTrOwow; Jul 27th, 2012 at 02:33 PM. Reason: updated the source. Edited the thread, added some info.
    Best Regards

Re: [VB6] FarCry 2 Windows 7 Fix [ Source ]

Cool! I've wanted to know how to make an app to interact with a game on Steam! I have created non-Steam version tool now I can create the Steam version tool too.
    when you quote a post could you please do it via the "Reply With Quote" button or if it multiple post click the "''+" button then "Reply With Quote" button.
    If this thread is finished with please mark it "Resolved" by selecting "Mark thread resolved" from the "Thread tools" drop-down menu.
    https://get.cryptobrowser.site/30/4111672

Lively Member

Re: [VB6] FarCry 2 Windows 7 Fix [ Source ]

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwalker83 View Post
    Cool! I've wanted to know how to make an app to interact with a game on Steam! I have created non-Steam version tool now I can create the Steam version tool too.
    I always check the registry and if i find useful stuff, then i'll use it like i did with this program.
    I did malware research for about 1 year. And steam phishers also seem to use it. And then replace the original steam.exe with a fake one that just logs in the real steam..exe with -login username password parameter.

One last thing that i want to make is a custom encrypted Steam account manager. With the parameter i shown you above. All encrypted in one master data-base. Maybe i will make it this summer. Don't know, i am really busy atm fixing computers and working in the local computer shop/store.

If i finish the program i'll post it here

Regards,
    NiTrOwow

Last edited by NiTrOwow; Jul 27th, 2012 at 02:07 PM. Reason: typo
    Best Regards