Thread: Help me To Make Package With Vb6 & SQL

Help me To Make Package With Vb6 & SQL

I Want To Make Set up File For My Program That I Developed Using Vb6 And SQL Server 2000 , I Want To Put My Database Files On That Set up And when User Start Set up The Program Will Be Installed And Sql Server with User Name = 'sAdmin' And password = 'sPass' and How Can i make my program to attach my Database when user run the program after he install it .

Re: Help me To Make Package With Vb6 & SQL

Please Help me .

An obscure body in the SK system. The inhabitants call it Earth

I don't think VB6 had a packaging tool built in so you'll need to get one. We used to us InnoSetup and I found it to be quite good.
    You can depend upon the Americans to do the right thing. But only after they have exhausted every other possibility - Winston Churchill

Hadoop actually sounds more like the way they greet each other in Yorkshire - Inferrd

I installed InnoSetup But How Can I Add sql server to the installation file with my user name and password

I very much doubt you'll be able to add SQL Server itself. You will have to make sure SQL Server is already installed and then you can add commands to the installation scipt that will set up the necessary logins etc.
    You can depend upon the Americans to do the right thing. But only after they have exhausted every other possibility - Winston Churchill

Hadoop actually sounds more like the way they greet each other in Yorkshire - Inferrd

Can I use Setup Factory to do installation for sql with my program

I've never used Setup Factory so I don't know but I'd be very surprised if you were able. Installing SQL Server is a long and involved process in itself, with alot of configurable options. It's highly unlikely that any kind of script you could write in advance would be able to automate this in a way that was suitable to all customers.

i will try with Setup Factory and if it is done i will tell you and give you the script file

Good Luck