Thread: Faulted state stops processing?

PowerPoster

Faulted state stops processing?

im trying to play around with examples and samples specifically from MSDN which involves MSMQ.

after alot of reading, I was under the impression that if the WCF service faults then the message is placed back in the MSMQ (talking transactional here) and waiting to be processed again.

in a quick example, I threw an empty Exception on the service. Sure enough I see the message still in the queue.

but when I restart the service, it does not appear to process that message or any NEW messages coming through.

seems that the only way is to purge the messages in the queue - something I dont want to do.

any ideas?

MVP 2007-2010 any chance of a regain?
    Professional Software Developer and Infrastructure Engineer.

Re: Faulted state stops processing?

Quote Originally Posted by Techno View Post
    im trying to play around with examples and samples specifically from MSDN which involves MSMQ.

after alot of reading, I was under the impression that if the WCF service faults then the message is placed back in the MSMQ (talking transactional here) and waiting to be processed again.

in a quick example, I threw an empty Exception on the service. Sure enough I see the message still in the queue.

but when I restart the service, it does not appear to process that message or any NEW messages coming through.

seems that the only way is to purge the messages in the queue - something I dont want to do.

any ideas?
    This might be relevant

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa355056.aspx

PowerPoster

Re: Faulted state stops processing?

Thanks. I did come across that but didnt quite help but it does make sense.
    I think the key here is that if the WCF encounters an error, the channel is faulted therefore from the client side, the next request must new up the channel and continue to use that channel.

MVP 2007-2010 any chance of a regain?
    Professional Software Developer and Infrastructure Engineer.