Thread: How do I create a database?

Addicted Member

How do I create a database?

I have been reading all about filling controls with information from the database but I can't find anything that really covers the simple question.

I want to create a database with 4 different table names. Each table will be holding information from information the end user submits on my form.

All I need in the database is tablenames so I can have the corresponding datatable control column on my form display data that is populated through my application.

I know how to fill the datatable with a dataadapter, I just don't know how to create the database with proper headings to get me started.

Re: How do I create a database?

I just answered this question in your other thread. It's best to avoid asking the same question in more than one place.

Addicted Member

So, what is wrong with asking three or ten times a question, this place is for learner persons no for arrogant and genius people!
    mannyso

Quote Originally Posted by Manny Somarriba View Post
    So, what is wrong with asking three or ten times a question, this place is for learner persons no for arrogant and genius people!
    Because it helps to keep the forum tidier. Why ask 10 duplicate questions when 1 properly thought out question, with all of the relevant information needed to answer your question well?
    Any other new members or beginners searching the forum for a similar topic won’t have to trawl through loads of unnecessary threads...

this place is for learner persons no for arrogant and genius people!
    Then stop being arrogant. It's against the rules of this site to ask the same question in multiple threads because it's a great way to waste the time of people who are volunteering their time to help you. Why should we spend our time providing help in one thread that has already been provided in another thread on the same subject? If you really are here to learn then maybe you should consider taking the advice of someone who has been here for 16 years and knows how this site works instead of playing the victim and pretending that criticism of your doing the wrong thing is anything other than an attempt to prevent you from doing the same wrong thing in the future. There's no good reason to ask the same question multiple times and it can have negative consequences so don't do it. That's really all that should be required.

Quote Originally Posted by JoePage View Post
    I have been reading all about filling controls with information from the database but I can't find anything that really covers the simple question.

I want to create a database with 4 different table names. Each table will be holding information from information the end user submits on my form.

All I need in the database is tablenames so I can have the corresponding datatable control column on my form display data that is populated through my application.

I know how to fill the datatable with a dataadapter, I just don't know how to create the database with proper headings to get me started.
    well you didn't say what Database you are using...Access,MySql,Sql-Server etc...

here somthing for Access https://www.oreilly.com/library/view...9447/ch01.html

EDIT:
    just noticed, Joe has nothing to do with this,
    so Manny have a good read
    Last edited by ChrisE; Mar 3rd, 2021 at 02:13 AM.
    to hunt a species to extinction is not logical !
    since 2010 the number of Tigers are rising again in 2016 - 3900 were counted. with Baby Callas it's 3901, my wife and I had 2-3 months the privilege of raising a Baby Tiger.

The problem with asking the same quesiton in multiple places is that you'll get multiple answers with only half the info. So someone responds in the other thread, requiring you to give up more info... well, now that's not here, so then someone responds here, not knowing that other info... it causes a fragmentation of information and answers and leads to problems down the road when you then try to pull it all together. It's a waste of our time, and a waste of your time. Best thing to do is pick the best spot to ask the question, and ask it once. Then you get the best shot of getting all the answers by the right people all in one spot.

-tg
    * I don't respond to private (PM) requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.*
    * I also don't respond to friend requests. Save a few bits and don't bother. I'll just end up rejecting anyways.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF - Removing eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to??? *

Is there a reason to post such a comment on a 9 years old thread? do you have any grievance against jmcilhinney ? who, by the way, try to help you in another thread...
    Last edited by Delaney; Mar 3rd, 2021 at 12:41 PM.
    The best friend of any programmer is a search engine
    "Don't wish it was easier, wish you were better. Don't wish for less problems, wish for more skills. Don't wish for less challenges, wish for more wisdom" (J. Rohn)

Quote Originally Posted by Delaney View Post
    Is there a reason to post such a comment on a 9 years old thread? do you have any grievance against jmcilhinney ? who, by the way, try to help you in another thread...
    I didn't even notice the age of the thread, or the name of the poster for that matter. I just assumed that it was the OP replying to a recent thread. It never occurred to me that anyone would be petty enough to do otherwise.