Thread: Hotmail account not respond with Outlook 2010 (Win7)

Hotmail account not respond with Outlook 2010 (Win7)

Hi all,

Since I have multiple POP3 account I have configured them into Outlook 2010 on Windows 7. Since it is difficult to work on Live Mail as well as Outlook I configured hotmail account into the Outlook. However, after that I didn't receive any mails to the hotmail in Outlook. It is possible to send mails out using hotmail account. It is kind of annoying to me. Any comment really appreciate.

BTW, I have already install outlook connector.

You can see in the attach image that the hotmail receiving process is hang. Actually it hangs for a long time. Sometimes if I close and reopen the outlook mails are received, but not all the time.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    “victory breeds hatred, the defeated live in pain; happily the peaceful live giving up victory and defeat” - Gautama Buddha

Re: Hotmail account not respond with Outlook 2010 (Win7)

Just to update.

I have check the data file setting for all my account. Notice something interesting, where data file location for Hotmail account mention as 'Not available'.
    “victory breeds hatred, the defeated live in pain; happily the peaceful live giving up victory and defeat” - Gautama Buddha

I can't remember but just check that Hotmail doesn't use IMAP! I don't think it did but it had been ages sinces I have used Hotmail.

Edit:

Can you access your Hotmail account ok without using Outlook?
    Last edited by Nightwalker83; Apr 2nd, 2012 at 05:45 PM. Reason: Adding more!
    when you quote a post could you please do it via the "Reply With Quote" button or if it multiple post click the "''+" button then "Reply With Quote" button.
    If this thread is finished with please mark it "Resolved" by selecting "Mark thread resolved" from the "Thread tools" drop-down menu.
    https://get.cryptobrowser.site/30/4111672

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwalker83 View Post
    I can't remember but just check that Hotmail doesn't use IMAP! I don't think it did but it had been ages sinces I have used Hotmail.
    Set the account as POP3 and now I can send/receive mails. But it couldn't sync with my Hotmail folders.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwalker83 View Post
    Can you access your Hotmail account ok without using Outlook?
    Yes it is working fine with Windows Live Mail client. Web too.