Thread: Find and Highlight in Office documents and PDF

Find and Highlight in Office documents and PDF

Hi all,

I'm looking for a way to allow user do a search in multiple documents of multiple types like Word, Powerpoint, Excel and PDF. Every document that contains their search will then be listed, but I also want to have all the occurence of what they serched to be highlighted in the document once they open it.

I've already found a way to do that in the Word documents using Aspose, but I haven't found anything for the other document formats: powerpoint, excel and pdf.

So if anyone knows of an existing solution for that kind of document processing let me know!

thanks in advance!
    Alex
    .NET developer
    "No. Not even in the face of Armageddon. Never compromise." (Walter Kovacs/Rorschach)

Things to consider before posting.
    Don't forget to rate the posts if they helped and mark thread as resolved when they are.

.Net Regex Syntax (Scripting) | .Net Regex Language Element | .Net Regex Class | DateTime format | Framework 4.0: what's new
    My fresh new blog : writingthecode, even if I don't post much.

System: Intel i7 920, Kingston SSDNow V100 64gig, HDD WD Caviar Black 1TB, External WD "My Book" 500GB, XFX Radeon 4890 XT 1GB, 12 GBs Tri-Channel RAM, 1x27" and 1x23" LCDs, Windows 10 x64, ]VS2015, Framework 3.5 and 4.0

Addicted Member

Re: Find and Highlight in Office documents and PDF

For PDF files I'd suggest you take a look at ITextSharp.
    I haven't done such a thing myself, but since ITEXt let's you generate PDf documents on the fly you may read them, generate them and highlight the desired parts during rendering.

Re: Find and Highlight in Office documents and PDF

I'll a look at it thanks a lot!
    Alex
    .NET developer
    "No. Not even in the face of Armageddon. Never compromise." (Walter Kovacs/Rorschach)

Things to consider before posting.
    Don't forget to rate the posts if they helped and mark thread as resolved when they are.

.Net Regex Syntax (Scripting) | .Net Regex Language Element | .Net Regex Class | DateTime format | Framework 4.0: what's new
    My fresh new blog : writingthecode, even if I don't post much.

System: Intel i7 920, Kingston SSDNow V100 64gig, HDD WD Caviar Black 1TB, External WD "My Book" 500GB, XFX Radeon 4890 XT 1GB, 12 GBs Tri-Channel RAM, 1x27" and 1x23" LCDs, Windows 10 x64, ]VS2015, Framework 3.5 and 4.0