I'm sorry to do this but I had to re-post. I couldn't figure out how to unresolve my post seeing that I prematurely resolved it..

My guess is my problem has nothing to do with the my actual code, but rather a hiccup in the software's designer generated code..

This is the original post:
http://www.vbforums.com/showthread.php?t=666417

What lead to this issue was when I messed around with my user controls. For example if I renamed one of my controls and an error occurred, I would receive the error window when trying to display the designer window that contains the control. One that would say an exception was thrown, and an object must be referenced or initialized.. or yadda yadda yadda, but when this happened with the user controls I notice things get crazy. References get messed, and no matter my toughest efforts my user controls never show up in the toolbox anymore. Now the problem I'm having is my one panel control wont add during design time, however it works if I dynamically add it at run time. So i'm not sure where to go from here. The error is displayed in an imaged attached to the original post if anyone wants to dissect it and hopefully pin point the problem.

I've tried deleting the bin, cleaning solution, and the obj directory.. so far nothing has worked. The only option really is to start from scratch and migrate all objects to the new project. However I did this and made a mistake again, resulting me back to this problem..

I'm really hoping someone can help me here.

David