Thread: My brilliant idea- the Yotamarker

My brilliant idea- the Yotamarker

I've had a great idea for a website and mobile app. It's going to be amazing.
    The idea is that using your mobile phone, you take a photo of some really cool stuff that you find in shops, like woolly cardigans or Justin Bieber CDs on special offer, and geotag it and upload it so that all your nearby friends can see it on their phones.
    I'm looking at this primarily in the Russian market first of all, on the phone network Yota, so I am going to call it the YotaMarker.

I am in the process of registering the domains and the app is about 50% ready. Looking to go live some time around April.

What do you think? Cool, huh?!
    Last edited by zaza; Nov 8th, 2011 at 07:01 PM.
    I use VB 6, VB.Net 2003 and Office 2010

Code:
    Excel Graphing | Excel Timer | Excel Tips and Tricks | Add controls in Office | Data tables in Excel | Gaussian random number distribution (VB6/VBA,VB.Net) | Coordinates, Vectors and 3D volumes

I'm about to be a PowerPoster! mendhak's Avatar

Re: My brilliant idea

This is interesting. This idea can be extended to other things too, anything that your group of friends share an interest in.

In fact, I could quite easily add the functionality to photograph and geotag Japanese cars and add it toyotamarker.

Frenzied Member

Re: My brilliant idea

Kinda sounds like Foursquare.

Re: My brilliant idea- the Yotamarker

Writing interesting software I am! Create little, green, wrinkly guys it will. Like E.T, only wiser. hmmm?? Call it Yodamaker I will!!
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy Hiker View Post
    Writing interesting software I am! Create little, green, wrinkly guys it will. Like E.T, only wiser. hmmm?? Call it Yodamaker I will!!
    Nice name!
    when you quote a post could you please do it via the "Reply With Quote" button or if it multiple post click the "''+" button then "Reply With Quote" button.
    If this thread is finished with please mark it "Resolved" by selecting "Mark thread resolved" from the "Thread tools" drop-down menu.
    https://get.cryptobrowser.site/30/4111672

I think, moti had applied for patent or trade_mark registration on the name, Yotamarker. So, zaza, you will be sued by moti. Better change the name to yotimarker or something else.

If my post was helpful to you, then express your gratitude using Rate this Post.
    And if your problem is SOLVED, then please Mark the Thread as RESOLVED (see it in action - video)
    My system: AMD FX 6100, Gigabyte Motherboard, 8 GB Crossair Vengance, Cooler Master 450W Thunder PSU, 1.4 TB HDD, 18.5" TFT(Wide), Antec V1 Cabinet

Social Group: VBForums - Developers from India

Skills: PHP, MySQL, jQuery, VB.Net, Photoshop, CodeIgniter, Bootstrap,...

Applying and granting are not the same thing....

Code:
    Excel Graphing | Excel Timer | Excel Tips and Tricks | Add controls in Office | Data tables in Excel | Gaussian random number distribution (VB6/VBA,VB.Net) | Coordinates, Vectors and 3D volumes

Quote Originally Posted by zaza View Post
    I've had a great idea for a website and mobile app. It's going to be amazing.
    The idea is that using your mobile phone, you take a photo of some really cool stuff that you find in shops, like woolly cardigans or Justin Bieber CDs on special offer, and geotag it and upload it so that all your nearby friends can see it on their phones.
    I'm looking at this primarily in the Russian market first of all, on the phone network Yota, so I am going to call it the YotaMarker.

I am in the process of registering the domains and the app is about 50% ready. Looking to go live some time around April.

What do you think? Cool, huh?!
    Which year?
    Everything that has a computer in will fail. Everything in your life, from a watch to a car to, you know, a radio, to an iPhone, it will fail if it has a computer in it. They should kill the people who made those things.- 'Woz'
    save a blobFileStreamDataTable To Text Filemy blog

Quote Originally Posted by zaza View Post
    Applying and granting are not the same thing....
    Yes it is as the patent office also goes by who can prove public use or public publishing first. Timing is everything and if you apply first and can prove you have publically published it first then your patent application would be overridding any that get filed after or if someone gets approved first but you prove you publiccally published it first then you win.
    VB/Office Guru™ (AKA: Gangsta Yoda®)
    I dont answer coding questions via PM. Please post a thread in the appropriate forum.

Microsoft MVP 2006-2011
    Office Development FAQ (C#, VB.NET, VB 6, VBA)
    Senior Jedi Software Engineer MCP (VB 6 & .NET), BSEE, CET
    If a post has helped you then Please Rate it!
    Reps & Rating PostsVS.NET on Vista Multiple .NET Framework Versions Office Primary Interop AssembliesVB/Office Guru™ Word SpellChecker™.NETVB/Office Guru™ Word SpellChecker™ VB6VB.NET Attributes Ex.Outlook Global Address ListAPI Viewer utility.NET API Viewer Utility
    System: Intel i7 6850K, Geforce GTX1060, Samsung M.2 1 TB & SATA 500 GB, 32 GBs DDR4 3300 Quad Channel RAM, 2 Viewsonic 24" LCDs, Windows 10, Office 2016, VS 2019, VB6 SP6

Well, that depends on a number of things. One is the remit of the patent. US only, Europe only, Asia only, worldwide etc. Another is validity of use...you don't patent a name but an idea. If you're looking to protect a specific brand then you need a trademark, not a patent. And even then, a legitimate reason for crafting a name can take precedence over an "I just thought it sounded cool" defence... to try to at least make the speculators think twice (cf 21st Century Fox etc).
    Thirdly, a name associated with a particular type of product can be contiguous with a name associated with something entirely different. The issues really overlap when it's two similar products competing for the same consumer space. Outside of that, it can be a bit of a free-for-all.

Code:

I'm about to be a PowerPoster! mendhak's Avatar

I think yotamarker is a good name and the patent can be applied for and will be granted for this because of the explanation in the first post.

A more detailed post well put.

I think Im getting too lazy now a days lol
    VB/Office Guru™ (AKA: Gangsta Yoda®)
    I dont answer coding questions via PM. Please post a thread in the appropriate forum.

Microsoft MVP 2006-2011
    Office Development FAQ (C#, VB.NET, VB 6, VBA)
    Senior Jedi Software Engineer MCP (VB 6 & .NET), BSEE, CET
    If a post has helped you then Please Rate it!
    Reps & Rating PostsVS.NET on Vista Multiple .NET Framework Versions Office Primary Interop AssembliesVB/Office Guru™ Word SpellChecker™.NETVB/Office Guru™ Word SpellChecker™ VB6VB.NET Attributes Ex.Outlook Global Address ListAPI Viewer utility.NET API Viewer Utility
    System: Intel i7 6850K, Geforce GTX1060, Samsung M.2 1 TB & SATA 500 GB, 32 GBs DDR4 3300 Quad Channel RAM, 2 Viewsonic 24" LCDs, Windows 10, Office 2016, VS 2019, VB6 SP6

Banned

according to the news mobli was invested by leonardo decaprio
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iiCzWBh6UEQ