Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 20130521 - i00 Spell Check and Control Extensions -No Third Party Components Required

Re: i00 .Net Spell Check - No 3rd party components required!

Is there an ignore-list available?

If you found my post helpful, please rate it.

Codebank Submission: FireFox Browser (Gecko) in VB.NET, Load files, (sub)folders treeview with Windows icons

Aurora, Colorado, USA, North America, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy

Quote Originally Posted by Radjesh Klauke View Post
    Yes. When you select a word, it has an option to ignore word. It shows up right after add to dictionary.

TxD

1/2 way accross the galaxy.. and then some

Quote Originally Posted by TxDeadhead View Post
    Hey Kris,
    First of all, thanks. It's working like a charm. Now, I have another question. What's the possibility of adding new words to a customer dictionary that is separate from the main dictionary? Here's why: Every time I make a change to the program and publish it, the user downloads a new version. Every time they do, the dictionary overwrites itself with the one in the build. All words added to the dictionary are lost.

I really appreciate everything!
    TxD
    Ok will do this in the next version ... is a good idea anyway ... check back in a few days (hopefully will have it done ... maybe a little delay because of Skyrim tho)

Kris

Do you mean so that it stores a list of ignored words and remembers the ignored words next time? - at the moment it just stores it in the dictionary object with a flag stating that it is ignored, but the ignored words don't get saved in the dictionary so next time you load your app they will appear as spelling errors again...

Kris

Thanks for the tip i00, 'cause that is actually very important for my project. I didn't find time to implement this into my project yet. There a few things that need to be done first and it takes more time then expected. (bugfixes etc).

Back to topic: It that possible to implement some kind of standard ignore-list?

here's a screenshot of my project:

As you can see that it would take me 100's if not 1000's of clicks to ignore "standard" types. There are more the 11K standard types within HTML4 and 5 and it will increase (double) when I have implemented CSS and jscript.
    Last edited by Radjesh Klauke; Nov 18th, 2011 at 04:12 PM.

Codebank Submission: FireFox Browser (Gecko) in VB.NET, Load files, (sub)folders treeview with Windows icons

Thanks for the tip i00, 'cause that is actually very important for my project. I didn't find time to implement this into my project yet. There a few things that need to be done first and it takes more time then expected. (bugfixes etc).

Back to topic: It that possible to implement some kind of standard ignore-list?

here's a screenshot of my project:

As you can see that it would take me 100's if not 1000's of clicks to ignore "standard" types. There are more the 11K standard types within HTML4 and 5 and it will increase (double) when I have implemented CSS and jscript.
    Hrm... so you want to spellcheck the syntax?... I would personally consider just spellchecking stuff not in tags and html comments...

But why would you ignore the standard types?... I mean wouldn't you just have a seperate dict for them? Since your project seems to use fast text box (or whatever Its called you prob won't be able to use my spell check without some tweaks anyway... So i would have the dict for comments and stuff not in tags... and another for stuff in tags...

Just my 2 cents
    Kris

Sorry for this query but I am an amateur, and I am having problems.
    I am using Visual Studio 2010, with NET framework 4
    To test the i00 VB.NET Spell Check before adding it to my project (which is currently under development), I tried the following.
    1. I Downloaded the Spell Check Source and Demo Project
    2. I Created a new project in VB 2010 (Visual Studio) and called it Test1SpellCheck
    3. On Form1, I added a Text Box (TextBox1)
    4. On Form1, I added a button (which I named “btnCheckSpelling” and set the Text to “Check Spelling”
    5. Using the first option in the Code Project leaflet, i.e.
    “Reference the i00SpellCheck.exe file that is output from this project”
    a. I added the .exe file (The only one I could find was in the bin/debug folder) by using the “Project – Add references” menu
    b. I then added “Imports SpellCheck.i00SpellCheck” to the top of the form. This produced an error and had to be changed to “Imports i00SpellCheck”.
    c. I added “Me.EnableSpellCheck()” to the form load event.
    d. I added “TextBox1.SpellCheck() to the button click event.
    6. This gave 2 errors and 2 warnings. I noted that:
    7. Authors references from his project were:
    System
    System.Core
    System.Data
    System.Data.DataSetExtensions
    System.Deployment
    System.Design
    System.Drawing
    System.Windows.Forms
    System.Xml
    System.Xml.Linq
    8. These were all there anyway, except for System Design, and I had trouble locating this.. This web note fixed it.
    a. If you are targeting the .NET Framework 4 Client Profile, you cannot reference an assembly that is not in the .NET Framework 4 Client Profile. Instead you must target the .NET Framework 4. System.design is in this category
    b. I found this could be changed in the compile tab of the project properties under “Advanced Compiler Settings”. I then added the reference to System.design.
    9. I then had no errors and no warnings
    10. Everything seemed OK Except that:
    11. When I ran the project:
    a. I typed in a deliberate spelling error in TextBox1
    b. I clicked the spell Check Button
    c. And nothing happened!
    12. Am I missing something in the downloads? I tried option 3 (Bringing in all the *.vb files into the project, but then I got lots of errors and warnings, and I could not run it. Sorry to trouble you, but I would love some advice. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Polyview View Post
    Sorry for this query but I am an amateur, and I am having problems.
    I am using Visual Studio 2010, with NET framework 4
    To test the i00 VB.NET Spell Check before adding it to my project (which is currently under development), I tried the following.
    1. I Downloaded the Spell Check Source and Demo Project
    2. I Created a new project in VB 2010 (Visual Studio) and called it Test1SpellCheck
    3. On Form1, I added a Text Box (TextBox1)
    4. On Form1, I added a button (which I named “btnCheckSpelling” and set the Text to “Check Spelling”
    5. Using the first option in the Code Project leaflet, i.e.
    “Reference the i00SpellCheck.exe file that is output from this project”
    a. I added the .exe file (The only one I could find was in the bin/debug folder) by using the “Project – Add references” menu
    b. I then added “Imports SpellCheck.i00SpellCheck” to the top of the form. This produced an error and had to be changed to “Imports i00SpellCheck”.
    c. I added “Me.EnableSpellCheck()” to the form load event.
    d. I added “TextBox1.SpellCheck() to the button click event.
    6. This gave 2 errors and 2 warnings. I noted that:
    7. Authors references from his project were:
    System
    System.Core
    System.Data
    System.Data.DataSetExtensions
    System.Deployment
    System.Design
    System.Drawing
    System.Windows.Forms
    System.Xml
    System.Xml.Linq
    8. These were all there anyway, except for System Design, and I had trouble locating this.. This web note fixed it.
    a. If you are targeting the .NET Framework 4 Client Profile, you cannot reference an assembly that is not in the .NET Framework 4 Client Profile. Instead you must target the .NET Framework 4. System.design is in this category
    b. I found this could be changed in the compile tab of the project properties under “Advanced Compiler Settings”. I then added the reference to System.design.
    9. I then had no errors and no warnings
    10. Everything seemed OK Except that:
    11. When I ran the project:
    a. I typed in a deliberate spelling error in TextBox1
    b. I clicked the spell Check Button
    c. And nothing happened!
    12. Am I missing something in the downloads? I tried option 3 (Bringing in all the *.vb files into the project, but then I got lots of errors and warnings, and I could not run it. Sorry to trouble you, but I would love some advice. Thank you.
    You only call enablespellcheck 1ce ... it will enable the spell check on all contained textboxes on that control BUT ONLY IF THEY ARE MULTILINE (i will make a work around for this soon...)... if you do it on a form it will also automatically do spellchecking on all owned forms and their text boxes.

This spell check is currently not made to function through a button.. I will probably do this later .... but for now you right click for the correction options.

Kris

Ola i00,

Of course I don't want to check the syntax. That would be plain stupid, but... When I would add the syntax into the ignore-list it would only check the rest.

I have changed TextBox1 to multiline as per your advice. I have also deleted the button and its code.
    However my problem is still the same, i.e. nothing happens if I type a deliberate spelling error in TextBox1. Right clicking gives the following options: "Undo, cut, copy, paste, delete, select all"
    My code on the form is:
    Imports i00SpellCheck
    Public Class Form1
    Private Sub Form1_Load(sender As Object, e As System.EventArgs) Handles Me.Load
    Me.EnableSpellCheck()
    End Sub

End Class

I'm using .Net Speel Check..Thx!

Ola i00,

Of course I don't want to check the syntax. That would be plain stupid, but... When I would add the syntax into the ignore-list it would only check the rest.
    Is the textbox in your screenshot a control that uses TextboxBase, if not it will need customizing the implementation anyway ... Regardless if it is a control that is opensource I could provide an eg on how to implement it in such a case ...

Kris

I have changed TextBox1 to multiline as per your advice. I have also deleted the button and its code.
    However my problem is still the same, i.e. nothing happens if I type a deliberate spelling error in TextBox1. Right clicking gives the following options: "Undo, cut, copy, paste, delete, select all"
    My code on the form is:
    Imports i00SpellCheck
    Public Class Form1
    Private Sub Form1_Load(sender As Object, e As System.EventArgs) Handles Me.Load
    Me.EnableSpellCheck()
    End Sub

End Class
    Do you have the dictionary files in the same path as your app?

Kris

No! I do not have the dictionary files referenced in my app. When I try to add one of the 12 files (one of which is dictonary.vb), I use the Visual Studio- add an existing file option. The file comes up in the project path OK, but I get a whole heap of errors (49 errors plus one warning if I add all 12 files).

No! I do not have the dictionary files referenced in my app. When I try to add one of the 12 files (one of which is dictonary.vb), I use the Visual Studio- add an existing file option. The file comes up in the project path OK, but I get a whole heap of errors (49 errors plus one warning if I add all 12 files).
    No i mean reference the .exe file as you are doing then add the dictionary files to the root folder of your project (either place them manually in your application path ... or add the files to your projects root folder and change the "Copy To Output Directory" property to "Copy if newer")

The dictionary files are:
    dic.dic - for the word list of correctly spelled words
    def.def - for the definitions
    syn.syn - for the list of synonyms for the "change to..." option

Kris

Thank you so much. Your last post was exactly what I needed. All working great! Thanks again.
    I will be using your spellcheck in my new program (which is still under development)

I am evaluating Spell Check and expect to use it in my project.

rykk
    WIM Consulting

p.s. No clue where the first post I tried went.

Thanks for your support guys, and a big thanks to all those from Code Project, where this project has just won "Best VB.NET article of October 2011" (hence the spike in downloads ).

I am still working on this and in a few days plan to release the next version with a spell check dialog and changes (already implemented) mentioned in the 1st post.

As always, if you have any suggestions or off-shoot project suggestions (for other projects that use the dictionary etc; such as the crossword generator) please don't hesitate to let me know.

Thanks again all,
    Kris

New version is out with a spell check dialog

Kris

Re: 20111202 - i00 .Net Spell Check - Code Project prize winner!

I love it. Straight forward, easy to use and implement.

Any way you can allow it to target .NET 4.0 Client? That's the only issue I'm having.

Aurora, Colorado, USA, North America, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy

MrBungle74
    You can retarget it yourself by going to Solution. Then to Compile. Then to Advanced Compile Options and choose .Net 4.0 Client for Target Framework.

Quote Originally Posted by TxDeadhead View Post
    MrBungle74
    You can retarget it yourself by going to Solution. Then to Compile. Then to Advanced Compile Options and choose .Net 4.0 Client for Target Framework.
    Ya, I tried that, and it gave a about 8 errors. I'm trying it again on a different PC to see if I can get it to work. I tested it and re-targeted my frame work in my app and it worked fine. I just worry about re-targeting the app, then pushing out an update with the new framework and things breaking on the end users PC and them having to deal with updating on their end.

UPDATE- I got it working after re-targeting the spellcheck app.

Soooo,

I am using i00 Spell check in my project!
    Last edited by mrbungle74; Dec 12th, 2011 at 11:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mrbungle74 View Post
    Ya, I tried that, and it gave a about 8 errors. I'm trying it again on a different PC to see if I can get it to work. I tested it and re-targeted my frame work in my app and it worked fine. I just worry about re-targeting the app, then pushing out an update with the new framework and things breaking on the end users PC and them having to deal with updating on their end.

UPDATE- I got it working after re-targeting the spellcheck app.

Soooo,

I am using i00 Spell check in my project!
    Thanks a lot for using this, and if there was anything special that you needed to get it working with 4.0 then please share it here. I do not have VS2010 so cannot test it on that myself.

Kris

I am going to try this to see if it will work for my purposes.

Hello,

I'm going to use this if I can.

How to *disable* spellcheck?

The spell checker slows down the repainting and refreshing of the richtextbox I'm using in my project significantly... so I'm wondering how to turn off the spellchecker... and turn it back on when the user wants to see errors...

The reason I want fast repaint/refresh is because I want to use a translucent richtextbox eventually.

Thanks,

Dominick

Hello i00!! I just want to let you know that I'm going to use your spell-checker in my text editor program.

Thank you so much for coming up with this brilliant idea!!
    Merry Christmas

Re: How to *disable* spellcheck?

Quote Originally Posted by dominick View Post
    The spell checker slows down the repainting and refreshing of the richtextbox I'm using in my project significantly... so I'm wondering how to turn off the spellchecker... and turn it back on when the user wants to see errors...

The reason I want fast repaint/refresh is because I want to use a translucent richtextbox eventually.

Thanks,

Dominick
    It shouldn't slow down the redrawing that much ... also i am planning to work on an alternate method for painting the errors so that will bypass this issue completely.

As for enabling / disabling the spell checker you can go:

vb Code:
    1. TextBox1.SpellCheck.ShowMistakes = True / False
    .. note the above line will look like this in future versions:
    Code:
            TextBox1.SpellCheck.Settings.ShowMistakes = True / False
    Kris

Thanks Kris.

New version 20120102 is out!

...changes include faster - flicker free rendering, and less ram usage

For more changes check the change log!

Kris

Re: 20120102 - i00 .Net Spell Check - Code Project prize winner!

I am using this in my project. (A multi-tabbed notepad)

Thanks!

I tried to download the latest version. I can't. The government is blocking the download.

Yea megaupload was taken down ... there are some links that still work... i will upload it to my rapidshare premium account tonight... the files i put on that don't get deleted.

Kris

New version is out ... check the change log for changes...

Now use my premium RS account for the downloads - I have never had a file deleted from it ... so don't complain if you don't like RS... @ least RS works

Kris

Hi Kris,

Great control. I will be using it im one of my projects.

I do have a little problem, which also happens in your sample Test form code. To reproduce the problem, do the following steps:
    1. Delete all test in your Test form (rtf box).
    2. Type a series of wrong words.
    3. Select all text and hit Delete or Backspace.
    4. The text disappears, but the sqiggly red lines remaim.

This also happens when I clear the rtf box by setting the Text value to "".

Not sure if this is justv my system (Win 7 64 bit) or others have the same result.

Cheers,
    Jim.

FINALLY! Thank you. Works great.
    (I will be using i00 .Net Spell Check in my project)

I tried to use the spell check in my project but it wouldn't let me run it because 'enablespellcheck' is not part of the form class. I am using .NET 2010 and I would greatly appreciate if you could help. Thank you!

Hi Kris - Jim again.

I have found a work-around to fix the squiggly lines remaining after deleting all text in the control. Might be a bit of a kludge, but it works. In your TextBox.vb SpellCheckTextBox class, modified the following:

Private Sub parentTextBox_TextChanged(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles mc_parentTextBox.TextChanged
    'RepaintTextBox()
    'parentTextBox.Invalidate()
    If parentTextBox.TextLength = 0 Then
    If Settings.ShowMistakes Then
    CloseOverlay()
    OpenOverlay()
    End If
    End If
    End Sub

There were a number of typing errors in my first email - I had just spent a couple of hours chainsawing and removing a tree from my driveway, which had come down during all this recent rain. My arms were aching, and I had also been bitten on the wrist by a bull ant. Painful! After all this, my fingers were not finding the correct keys.

Cheers,
    Jim.

This program is absolutely fantastic, I am new To VB.NET programming, and I just hope that I will be able to produce quality software like this.

Well done, I will be using i00 spell Check in my project, when I can figure out how to do it. I am very new to to all this, I am normally a beta tester for AutoCAD software, but I enjoy this VB.NET programming world.

Steve H
    Last edited by SteveHeather; Feb 15th, 2012 at 09:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jim400 View Post
    Hi Kris - Jim again.

I have found a work-around to fix the squiggly lines remaining after deleting all text in the control. Might be a bit of a kludge, but it works. In your TextBox.vb SpellCheckTextBox class, modified the following:

Private Sub parentTextBox_TextChanged(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles mc_parentTextBox.TextChanged
    'RepaintTextBox()
    'parentTextBox.Invalidate()
    If parentTextBox.TextLength = 0 Then
    If Settings.ShowMistakes Then
    CloseOverlay()
    OpenOverlay()
    End If
    End If
    End Sub

There were a number of typing errors in my first email - I had just spent a couple of hours chainsawing and removing a tree from my driveway, which had come down during all this recent rain. My arms were aching, and I had also been bitten on the wrist by a bull ant. Painful! After all this, my fingers were not finding the correct keys.

Cheers,
    Jim.
    Thanks for pointing this out ... i will look into this soon ...

Kris

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast