Thread: Let's take a moment to pause and congratulate ...

Let's take a moment to pause and congratulate ...

Moti Barski!!

I know sometimes he appears ridiculous, but I can't help admire his perseverence in defending his opinions, and most of all for compiling that wonderful book Battle Programming (though I can't seem to connect the title to the book).

I mean, seriously, this guy has actually spent time in compiling so many topics related to technology into a book!

Dude, it is just amazing!

I am not a complete idiot. Some parts are still missing.
    Check out the rtf-help tutorial
    General VB Faq Thread
    Change is the only constant thing. I have not changed my signature in a long while and now it has started to stink!
    Get more power for your floppy disks. ; View honeybee's Elite Club:
    Use meaningfull thread titles. And add "[Resolved]" in the thread title when you have got a satisfactory response.
    And if that response was mine, please think about giving me a rep. I like to collect them!

An obscure body in the SK system. The inhabitants call it Earth

Re: Let's take a moment to pause and congratulate ...

Not to mention the endless entertainment he provides
    The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter - Winston Churchill

Hadoop actually sounds more like the way they greet each other in Yorkshire - Inferrd

Superbly Moderated NeedSomeAnswers's Avatar

Long Live Moti, the most entertaining person in Chit Chat !
    Please Mark your Thread "Resolved", if the query is solved & Rate those who have helped you

How long will it take before he makes an appearance in this thread?

Banned

honeybee, your words, this thread they give me POWER
    IT IS OVERFLOWING

Fanatic Member

make....the hurting......stop......
    Where I'm from we only have one bit of advice for new comers: "If you hear banjos, turn and run".

VS 2008 .NetFW 2.0

Ooh, Moti, your gems are grey again!. Let's see how long that lasts.
    The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter - Winston Churchill

Hadoop actually sounds more like the way they greet each other in Yorkshire - Inferrd

Banned

I hope history doesn't repeat itself this time : HOPE vs deos X machina
    TA TA TA

Fanatic Member

well, Moti, whenever i used to see your red dot point, i would be sad, i dont know what was history, but i hope that you'll be more better in future. and now looking your grey point, its seems good to me.

Well, that didn't take long, but I agree with the sentiments in the thread. The value is certainly above zero.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

Normally I don't chime in negatively to threads in the chit-chat section, but....

Though this thread may seem amusing to some, isn't it a thread, in part, to attack, embarass, humiliate, and/or flame a forum member? Look at it from a different perspective if needed.

I personally can't condone such actions and would hope you all do not. That's all I wanted to say.
    Additionally, I can see this as being against the EULA too. See the 4th bullet, depends on one's interpretation.
    Insomnia is just a byproduct of, "It can't be done"

Classics Enthusiast? Here's my 1969 Mustang Mach I Fastback. Her sister '67 Coupe has been adopted

Newbie? Novice? Bored? Spend a few minutes browsing the FAQ section of the forum.
    Read the HitchHiker's Guide to Getting Help on the Forums.
    Here is the list of TAGs you can use to format your posts
    Here are VB6 Help Files online

{Alpha Image Control} {Memory Leak FAQ} {Unicode Open/Save Dialog} {Resource Image Viewer/Extractor}
    {VB and DPI Tutorial} {Manifest Creator} {UserControl Button Template} {stdPicture Render Usage}

Superbly Moderated NeedSomeAnswers's Avatar

Though this thread may seem amusing to some, isn't it a thread, in part, to attack, embarass, humiliate, and/or flame a forum member? Look at it from a different perspective if needed.
    I do not think that it was meant to humiliate, not my post anyway, yes Moti is a bit of a madcap character who makes me laugh probably despite of himself, but there was no malice in what i said!
    Please Mark your Thread "Resolved", if the query is solved & Rate those who have helped you

I'm about to be a PowerPoster! Hack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NeedSomeAnswers View Post
    I do not think that it was meant to humiliate
    And neither do I but LaVolpe's point is well taken.

moti barski does not seem to have any issues with anything posted and as long as that remains true no lines have been crossed.

Lets keep it that way.

Banned

freedom of expression is very important. I appriciate the programmers honesty, and correcting me when needed, moreover, I respect theire tech skills (nightwalker83 also).

remember what I said to wierddemon : I consider you my rival not my enemy
    his Acleaner is way cool, though it should include a save feature for the favorites.

it's all good. (I would like some unmantioned to be less trigger happy with the rate meter reddening)
    Last edited by moti barski; Jun 22nd, 2011 at 01:45 PM.

moti, you must hold the record for the member who has shifted between a red and a gray reputation dot the most times.
    Make as many mistakes as you can as quickly as you can. We want to make sure that we make a great enough number of mistakes in a given amount of time so that we can be successful.

"Persistence is the magic of success." Paramahansa Yogananda

Yeah, I don't understand that. I've never given a negative, and I doubt I could ever bring myself to do so. I guess I might have for the Snake man, had I been one of the people to uncover his duplicity, but he was long banned by the time I saw that thread. I guess I just don't get all that pissed at anybody on a forum. After all, cuss words are soon forgotten, but a red gem is forever.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

To LaVolpe and others, you won't believe this, but I haven't posted this thread in jest or mockery. I really admire his effort in bringing out a free ebook that explains, oh well it's not the whole knowledge, but quite a few things that an everyday computer user struggles to achieve. Each and every word of my original post is sincere and means exactly what it conveys.

I have no intention of humiliating or ridiculing anyone this way, whether it's against the EULA or not. So in case my post/thread gave someone this impression I sincerely apologise for the same. But this thread is really meant to be a salute to Moti's perseverence.

I am not a complete idiot. Some parts are still missing.
    Check out the rtf-help tutorial
    General VB Faq Thread
    Change is the only constant thing. I have not changed my signature in a long while and now it has started to stink!
    Get more power for your floppy disks. ; View honeybee's Elite Club:
    Use meaningfull thread titles. And add "[Resolved]" in the thread title when you have got a satisfactory response.
    And if that response was mine, please think about giving me a rep. I like to collect them!

But this thread is really meant to be a salute to Moti's perseverence.
    That's the way I originally read it as well. Again, Lavolpe's point is well taken and I'm still going to vote him for president.

Banned

One thing's for sure. You certainly mastered the use of Labels and TextBoxes!

Hey moti, I have checked your Youtube video of that game... While I was watching that, I got stuck on another video of you, which you have mimicked the voice for a barbie : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEcPYcIra7E
    That was cool

By the way, is that your pic as the background for the third level of your game: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnblm...eature=related

You made that t-shirt, with "yotamaker" label ? Cool

If my post was helpful to you, then express your gratitude using Rate this Post.
    And if your problem is SOLVED, then please Mark the Thread as RESOLVED (see it in action - video)
    My system: AMD FX 6100, Gigabyte Motherboard, 8 GB Crossair Vengance, Cooler Master 450W Thunder PSU, 1.4 TB HDD, 18.5" TFT(Wide), Antec V1 Cabinet

Social Group: VBForums - Developers from India

Skills: PHP, MySQL, jQuery, VB.Net, Photoshop, CodeIgniter, Bootstrap,...

LOL LOL LOL

Mitch Connor

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by akhileshbc View Post
    Hey moti, I have checked your Youtube video of that game... While I was watching that, I got stuck on another video of you, which you have mimicked the voice for a barbie : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEcPYcIra7E
    That was cool

By the way, is that your pic as the background for the third level of your game: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnblm...eature=related

You made that t-shirt, with "yotamaker" label ? Cool
    actually that is a spanish accent, and the doll is a moxie doll not a barbie.
    and yes thats me in the magic screen.

Quote Originally Posted by moti barski View Post
    actually that is a spanish accent, and the doll is a moxie doll not a barbie.
    Sorry, I wasn't aware of that. Thanks for rectifying it.

If my post was helpful to you, then express your gratitude using Rate this Post.
    And if your problem is SOLVED, then please Mark the Thread as RESOLVED (see it in action - video)
    My system: AMD FX 6100, Gigabyte Motherboard, 8 GB Crossair Vengance, Cooler Master 450W Thunder PSU, 1.4 TB HDD, 18.5" TFT(Wide), Antec V1 Cabinet

Social Group: VBForums - Developers from India

Skills: PHP, MySQL, jQuery, VB.Net, Photoshop, CodeIgniter, Bootstrap,...

Thanks for rectifying it
    Good Suggestion.

Moti, I checked out the links too and you, sir, are a very odd fellow indeed.

Well I checked out those two youtube links. The first I really couldn't take watching the whole thing. The second I sort of enjoyed. The quality of the sound isn't very good on either. I noticed a handful of VBForums avatars are being used in the second video, especially moti's and kregg's and I noticed that the views for that second video are up to 27 and I suspect that is in large part due to it being posted in this thread. I remember seeing zaza's, Milk's, Shaggy's, FunkyDexter's, Lord_Rat's and baja yu's avatars being used in addition to moti's and kregg's.

Moti, I checked out the links too and you, sir, are a very odd fellow indeed.
    Funky I think it's ok to be odd. Weird or odd is relative. What one person thinks of as odd is normal to someone else. Yogananda said that we are all crazy but we don't know it because people of the same type of craziness group together.
    Make as many mistakes as you can as quickly as you can. We want to make sure that we make a great enough number of mistakes in a given amount of time so that we can be successful.

"Persistence is the magic of success." Paramahansa Yogananda

Funky I think it's ok to be odd.
    It's not just ok, it's to be celebrated.