Thread: DLL Injection and Packet Editing

Lively Member

Talking DLL Injection and Packet Editing

Hey guys,

I have a question... I recently came across a program called WPE Pro (Winsock Packet Editor Pro). Basically what it does is lets you sniff, edit and send packets intercepted from a process. Thats the key word here PROCESS. From what I can tell WPE uses DLL injection to sniff and inject packets directly into an active socket connection on the target process. What I want to know is how would I go about achieving this? If it isn't possible with the .NET language, is it possible to goto C++ or something? Anyways, if someone can point me in the right direction it would be much appreciated!

Greetz, JD
    Last edited by Hack; Jun 15th, 2011 at 06:17 AM.

Addicted Member

Re: DLL Injection and Packet Editing

I'm sure enough people know what WPE is, but why would you even bother uploading it on the forum when it has it's own official mirror? Not only is your question suspicious, but including that file and claiming it is virus free is just asking to be ignored or flamed. Heck, maybe even banned...

Lively Member

Ok... Well I found It pretty impossible to find on the web from a reliable source... could you please point me to the official mirror and I will update my post!

Packet injection and sniffing would be a bit of a...bad idea and can be used for bad intentions. I'm pretty sure you won't get any help here about it.

Lively Member

All right Well it was worth a try! This was only to try and eliminate a proxy out of the equation, I didn't mean anything bad!

Greetz, JD