Thread: [RESOLVED] [VBA] Convert a string from a TextBox to a number with point as decimal separator

Resolved [RESOLVED] [VBA] Convert a string from a TextBox to a number with point as decimal separator

I need to pass a number from a TexBox with this format 1,2 to a sql string in this format 1.2

My locale is It-it and uses decimal point with a comma (1,2).

How can I do this change in VBA? I wrote this code...

Code:
    Private Sub insert_article_Click()
    'set decimal separator as point
    With Application
    	.DecimalSeparator = "."
    	.ThousandsSeparator = ","
    	.UseSystemSeparators = False
    End With
    Dim number As Double
    Dim word As String
    word = "test"
    number = CDbl(Textnumber.Value) 'if I enter 1,2 ,number will be 1,2
    'I try also this, but number will be 1,2
    'number = Replace(Textnumber.Value, ".", ",")
    strSQL = "INSERT INTO table (col_word, col_number) VALUES ('" & word & "'," & number & ")"
    End Sub
    Thanks, Paolo

Resolved [VBA] Convert a string from a TextBox to a number with point as decimal separator

The correct string is
    Code:
    Dim number As String
    number = Replace(Textnumber.Value, ",", ".")

Re: [RESOLVED] [VBA] Convert a string from a TextBox to a number with point as decima

hi. a blind it student, doing a application, in c#, if this is not the right forum, is there a c # and wpf forum, also, can you help me. will paste the following code and need to convert from double to string only one read only text box, can you help. have been trying to google and find an answer, have not found one yet. so if any one able to help, i use the jaws for windows screen reader for jaws from http://www.freedomscientific.com, got the program debugged and down to 99 %, so, tearing my hair out and have been trying for days, to try to find an answer, what am i doing wrong? am i an idiot? am i dumb, hard hard to visualise the stack, and the push, pop, and the text boxe results when you cannot see, did have some sight when i was younger, got rp, now and totally blind. so can any one help. in adelaide, in australia. so will paste the button equals click event to this thread, any one able to help me out, any examples, or point me to some examples, have tried searching 50 or more pages, have not found an answer. tearing my hair out. marvin. ps: if you can help, would be appreciative, for a school project, not to do it for me, but how to fix this little problem, have read the documentation, but maybe i am not just getting it. want to learn and have debugged and fixed all the other errors, and visual studio community 2015, says tracking error, the description of the error, and the line number, so that's a lot help ful. so will paste below. help if you can, want to get this little puppy done, error free, and then test this little puppy. marvin. ps:: pasting below. private void btnEqual_Click(object sender, RoutedEventArgs e)
    {
    if (string.IsNullOrEmpty(Result.Text))
    return;

try {
    Result.Text = Evaluate(Result.Text);
    }
    catch(DivideByZeroException e) {
    Result.Text = "Error: divide by zero detected!"
    }

}

Frenzied Member

Re: [RESOLVED] [VBA] Convert a string from a TextBox to a number with point as decima

this tiny segment is not enough to really help you as it is related to the rest of the code.

exactly what the button is supposed to do, would be a useful starting point.

happy to help