Thread: My monitor grays are now pinkish?

Lively Member

My monitor grays are now pinkish?

Well the other day I turned on my computer and all the gray colors are now pinkish, like when I right click-the color of that right-click menu box is pinkish...My computer is only 1 month old. My speakers are magnetically shielded. I'm using a DVI cable not VGA. I took a screenshot then sent it to my iPod and it looked fine. I have ATI Radeon 3000 integrated graphics. Its an Asus 20" 1600x900 monitor. What could be causing this problem? And its only the grays, white looks fine. And I did a factory reset on my monitor, and my graphics settings and that did not help. Please help me. Its really annoying.

Hyperactive Member

Re: My monitor grays are now pinkish?

Check your cable. Wiggle it around, unplug it, plug it back in. You should also make sure your video card is inserted all the way, and hasn't came loose.

If you have a VGA cable you may want to try to use it (your monitor should have both types of connections), if both the vga and DVI don't work it's the monitor, if the VGA cable worked, and the DVI didn't, then it's your DVI Cable.

Since it's only 1 month old I wouldn't spend any more money on it. Take it back, or call the manufacture and they'll fix it and have it back to you within a week.
    Last edited by nO_OnE; Feb 17th, 2011 at 12:52 AM.

Re: My monitor grays are now pinkish?

just from experience it sounds to me like the dvi cable is loose on either the monitor or pc. Of course i suppose it's possible someone messed with your pc's color settings.
    My light show youtube page (it's made the news) www.youtube.com/@artnet2twinkly
    Contact me on the socials www.facebook.com/lordorwell