Hi All,

I am working on a project using a disconnected data model. My MS Access database has 2 tables: Owner_Table and Pet_Table

When the owner logs in they are navigated to a form where they can view their details on file.

The owner ID is a field in both tables of the database. When the owner logs in I want their details from the Owner_Table to be displayed as well as the Pet Name from the Pet_Table.

This is the code which I have been working on to no avail!

Code:
Private Sub OK_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles OK.Click
        Dim user As String = txtUsername.Text
        Dim pass As String = txtPassword.Text
        Dim result As Boolean = False

For i As Integer = 0 To objDataSet.Tables("Owner_Table").Rows.Count - 1
            If tel = CStr(objDataSet.Tables("Owner_Table").Rows(i).Item("Username")) And pass = CStr(objDataSet.Tables("Owner_Table").Rows(i).Item("Password")) Then
                result = True

MessageBox.Show("Welcome " & objDataSet.Tables("Owner_Table").Rows(i).Item("Name"))

frmOwner.lblOwnerID2.Text = CStr(objDataSet.Tables("Owner_Table").Rows(i).Item("Owner_ID"))
                frmOwner.lblName2.Text = CStr(objDataSet.Tables("Owner_Table").Rows(i).Item("Name"))
                frmOwner.lblAddress2.Text = CStr(objDataSet.Tables("Owner_Table").Rows(i).Item("Address"))
                frmOwner.lblTelephone2.Text = CStr(objDataSet.Tables("Owner_Table").Rows(i).Item("Telephone"))

Dim objOwner As DataRow
                Dim objPet As DataRow
                Dim strPetName As String

'Find the current owner record
                objCustomer = objDataSet.Tables("Owner_Table").Rows.Find(frmOwner.lblOwnerID2.Text.ToString)
                'Loop through each record for this row, as per the relationship
                'Then add the pet name to the label
                For Each objPet In objOwner.GetChildRows("Owner_Table2Pet_Table")
                    strPetName = objPet.Item("Pet_Name")
                    frmOwner.lblPetName2.Text = strPetName

Next

frmOwner.Show()
                Me.Hide()

End If
        Next

If result = False Then
            MessageBox.Show("The username/password combination you have entered is incorrect", "Error")
            txtUsername.Clear()
            txtPassword.Clear()
        End If

End Sub
I know the approach I am using might not be the correct one. I would appreciate any help at all.

Thanks in advance.

Dave