Thread: iPhone 4 coming to Verizon to be announced today

iPhone 4 coming to Verizon to be announced today

Finally the Death Star (AT&T) will no longer have a monopoly on the iphone. No more dropped calls ever few minutes, no more excessive pricing (competition now), and if your already on Verizon and contat friends with iphones on Verizon there will be no charges (free mobile to mobile in network).

Some time this morning the announcement is expected.

Will I get one? Perhaps no. I still love my Driod Im waiting for the Droid Bionic with G4 which comes out in April/May

VB/Office Guru™ (AKA: Gangsta Yoda™ )
    I dont answer coding questions via PM. Please post a thread in the appropriate forum.

Microsoft MVP 2006-2011
    Office Development FAQ (C#, VB.NET, VB 6, VBA)
    Senior Jedi Software Engineer MCP (VB 6 & .NET), BSEE, CET
    If a post has helped you then Please Rate it!
    • Reps & Rating Posts • VS.NET on Vista • Multiple .NET Framework Versions • Office Primary Interop Assemblies • VB/Office Guru™ Word SpellChecker™.NET • VB/Office Guru™ Word SpellChecker™ VB6 • VB.NET Attributes Ex. • Outlook Global Address List • API Viewer utility • .NET API Viewer Utility •
    System: Intel i7 6850K, Geforce GTX1060, Samsung M.2 1 TB & SATA 500 GB, 32 GBs DDR4 3300 Quad Channel RAM, 2 Viewsonic 24" LCDs, Windows 10, Office 2016, VS 2019, VB6 SP6

I'm about to be a PowerPoster! mendhak's Avatar

Re: iPhone 4 coming to Verizon to be announced today

Thank you for announcing the upcoming announcement.

Fanatic Member

I'm excited. I've been waiting for the iPhone to make it to Verizon for years now. I'll be not so happy if I learn it won't work on their new LTE network though.
    Where I'm from we only have one bit of advice for new comers: "If you hear banjos, turn and run".

VS 2008 .NetFW 2.0

Thanks, but I will stick with my Droid. I have grown too fond of it. I do wish, they would improve the battery life without having to resort these battery saver apps.
    Everything that has a computer in will fail. Everything in your life, from a watch to a car to, you know, a radio, to an iPhone, it will fail if it has a computer in it. They should kill the people who made those things.- 'Woz'
    save a blobFileStreamDataTable To Text Filemy blog

*yawn*
    I'll be sticking with my Droid ... partly because I only just got it and partly because I don't have the need or urge to get the iPhone. But I will be watching it carefully ... hoping that this will have a positive impact on my stock.

-tg
    * I don't respond to private (PM) requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.*
    * I also don't respond to friend requests. Save a few bits and don't bother. I'll just end up rejecting anyways.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF - Removing eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to??? *

Lively Member

i dont understand the hype for this. verizon isnt anything special, and the iphone isnt anything special. seems like non news to me. but of course, apple is involved so people go bat **** crazy for absolutely no reason.

PowerPoster

I almost hurt my jaw yawning too. More of a thrill on Wall Street than in reality I'd guess.

As I heard it, this only works on their 3G network (so buy a new phone to go from AT&T to Verizon) then later they'll support 4G (buy another phone again?). But considering the audience for these things... probably not a concern.

Quote Originally Posted by bflosabre91 View Post
    i dont understand the hype for this. verizon isnt anything special, and the iphone isnt anything special. seems like non news to me. but of course, apple is involved so people go bat **** crazy for absolutely no reason.
    It's far less about Apple and more about AT&T and its customers.

Because of Apple's frankly bull-**** policy on having one network operator for the iPhone in the US, customers have been forced to use AT&T's cellular network. And the internet would have you believe that the service on AT&T is absolutely god-awful.

Customers of the iPhone have always wanted Apple and Verizon to join up, and now it has come true. Took them 3 years later to figure that out, but I reckon it was getting to the point that the iPhone was reaching maturity on the product lifecycle, and Apple realised it couldn't keep doing this for long if it wants to continue raking in the cash, so they've joined up with Verizon.

If you care about Apple as much as I do (barely), then this is nothing to get excited about. However, for a US customer contemplating having an iPhone, this may just be the deal breaker they were looking for.

Personally, I'm interested on what happens to AT&T's customers, and how AT&T will retaliate...

Quote Originally Posted by kregg View Post
    Took them 3 years later to figure that out, but I reckon it was getting to the point that the iPhone was reaching maturity on the product lifecycle, and Apple realised it couldn't keep doing this for long if it wants to continue raking in the cash, so they've joined up with Verizon.
    Actually, it wasn't time that Apple needed to realize anything. At the very beginning they signed a 5 year exclusivity contract with AT&T. The question is how they managed to get out of it early.

I'd probably switch to it (on Verizon for 5 years) except that I just got a Blackberry. I figured this might happen but decided, if so, that I'd wait out the first year and let the early adopters hammer out the bugs. I kind of prefer having my iPod touch functionality separate from my phone. For now. We shall see.

-Max
    The name's "Peck" .... "Max Peck"

"If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur." - Red Adair

Apparently the Verizon version will have a different rim to fix the antenna (non)problem.

Never cared for the iPhone or Apple products in general. Don't like Verizon that much but then again I don't like AT&T that much either. I'll stick with my Pantech Laser.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinLiss View Post
    Article from my local paper.
    I loved this statement.

Quote Originally Posted by article
    "For iPhone users who want the fastest speeds, the ability to talk and use apps at the same time, and unsurpassed global coverage, the only choice is AT&T," the company said in a statement.
    Everything that has a computer in will fail. Everything in your life, from a watch to a car to, you know, a radio, to an iPhone, it will fail if it has a computer in it. They should kill the people who made those things.- 'Woz'
    save a blobFileStreamDataTable To Text Filemy blog

Quote Originally Posted by baja_yu View Post
    The question is how they managed to get out of it early.
    Simple - they held the contract the wrong way.